once again smash.What is the strat?Oh for censored sake:Fold *everything* but pocket pairs and ace high flush draws. That's right, fold KQs. Fold AKo. Really. Yes. Fold them. Yeah, I'm sure you make money with them and play great postflop, etc. Whatever, fold them. You want as much money in your stack as possible for when you have amassive edge.Limp with QQ. Yes, that's right, limp with it. Fold it if you don't flop a set. That's right. Yes, fold it. Limp also with JJ-22. If you don't flop a set, fold them.If you can't limp, call a small raise with any of these hands. If you don't flop a set, fold.The 1 time in 8 you do flop a set, go all in. Go all in if you act first. Don't check raise, just move in. Go all in if you act last. Don't check hoping they bet into you on the turn, just move in.Also play Axs preflop. Limp with them. Yes, limp with AKs. If you flop a flush draw and can draw cheaply, do. When you make a nut flush on the turn or the river (or flop one) go all in. Cackle gleefully at K high flushes calling you.If you have AA or KK preflop, just go all in, from any position, any time, against any number of limpers or none or whatever. Just move in.That's it.Fold everyhting else. To sum up, here's the strategy that beats LL NL for more BB/100 than 99% of the NL posters on this forum:Play pocket pairs and Axs preflop, fold everything else. Move in preflop with AA and KK, limp everything else, or get in as cheaply as possible. When you flop a set, move in. When you make a nut flush on an unpaired board, move in.That's it.Good luck.
can i use this strat in limit?SW
  • Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what smash is saying is until you have some concrete evidence (and this man talks in the 10'000's of hands) dont berate a strategy that has been prover to have worked consistently.

Yo Smash, My post was my opinion on the matter and i don't really understand why you feel the need to berate me in such a way. In the games i play in, a guy using your strategy would be crushed. This is not to say that it would not work in some games against some opponents, however if you come across someone who is actually paying attention, your in big trouble. To those of you who say it has been working for half an hour, excellant, tell me how it works after 10k hands will you? Players will make a note on you after the 3rd time you do it, and then your action will dry up. You say do not overestimate your opponents, i say do not underestimate them.If making money at poker was as easy as you describe, then everyone should quit their jobs right now, and start your no set no bet strategy.Once again, just my 2 cents

once again smash.What is the strat?
it's basically this: go all in every time you know you have a monster advantage. what you do to get that monster advantage is up to you. the very simple way smash advocates is to limp PPs and suited aces and push the flop if they flop a set or flush. sooooper easy. if you want to get fancy' date=' play some hands that make the nut straight' date=' too. but not too many, or you'll look like you're getting too trixy and smash will make fun of you.[/quote'']what do i do with aa or kk preflop.ALL IN??Limp?[/quote]ROFLMFAO! AA or KK pf? What position are you in? What are the stack sizes? How is your table playing?NL holdem is a game of skill which requires much more than a set of pf starting hands and a fold/all in mentality post flop. Can you make money doing this? Sure. Can you maximize your potential gains by doing this? Hell no. Is there ever a good time to chase that draw? Sure there is, although some on here may suggest that only fish chase. Knowing when to fold, when to call, and when to raise your draws is an essential ingredient in the make up of a successful NL player. Don't be so close minded as to think NL is a simple game anyone can win at. It takes much more discipline and skill than some on here would lead you to believe.

Don't be so close minded as to think NL is a simple game anyone can win at. It takes much more discipline and skill than some on here would lead you to believe.Yeah, it doesn't.This strategy very likely has a higher win rate than you do.Sorry for the blow to your ego.Good luck.

The main problem I see with this strategy is you are jeopardizing more money then you need to...Granted, at such low limits, if you put in an over sized bet it would probably almost commit you to the hand if called, but if youre doing well for yourself, there is no reason to put all your winnings on the table in jeopardy by going all in preflop only to get sucked out...put in an over raise and see a flop....flop looks good either push or overbet it again maybe....it's nice to have an option to get out of a hand....When you hold pockets 2's and flop a set of 2's on the flop, then push in...you're generally only going to get a call if your beat, and it will probably be a higher set.....To each their own though, I would just think your action would dry up pretty quick at a table using this as well, and I've seen it firsthand....I would definetly use this strategy when coming into a table early, and use it to build up a nice stack...after that, there's no reason to gamble away my money pre-flop because I have AA's that I lose with over 40 percent online anyways-P.

Sorry for the blow to your egoNo need to apologize, I have no ego. And if I did, nothing you say could deliver a blow to it. But thanks for educating the younguns on NL, I certainly appreciate the business. :club:

No need to apologize, I have no ego. And if I did, nothing you say could deliver a blow to it. But thanks for educating the younguns on NL, I certainly appreciate the business.Sure thing.What you apparently fail to understand is that you'll make no money from anyone using this strategy. What you will do, inevitavatbly is raise TP or a non nut flush into someone with a better hand, they'll go all in and you'll either fold and pay them or call and pay them.They'll appreciate the buisness, I'm sure. There's really no way to spot someone playing this strategy either. They'll be mostly limping and folding and occasionally moving in. If you're going to fold every time they move in when you have an underflush or top two pair or whatever, that's fine. Somehow I doubt that's the case, though.Good luck.

Never tried this, so I don't know if it's winning.I am sketpical for one reason.Making a bot that follows this method can't be difficult.If it worked, people would have 10 bots 10 tabling low limit NL and cleaning up.

You'll notice a pattern in any post about this strat.People who haven't tried it think they win more money playing another way.People who have tried it laugh about how much money they make./shrug.Ego, I guess.I haven't ever seen one poster post his current win rate for 20k hands, then try it and post it's win rate for 20k hands.Not one.Ever.Wonder why that is?

Never tried this, so I don't know if it's winning.I am sketpical for one reason.Making a bot that follows this method can't be difficult.If it worked, people would have 10 bots 10 tabling low limit NL and cleaning up.
I have 15 of them all named after characters from happy daysfonzybot is my biggest money earner
No need to apologize, I have no ego. And if I did, nothing you say could deliver a blow to it. But thanks for educating the younguns on NL, I certainly appreciate the business.Sure thing.What you apparently fail to understand is that you'll make no money from anyone using this strategy. What you will do, inevitavatbly is raise TP or a non nut flush into someone with a better hand, they'll go all in and you'll either fold and pay them or call and pay them.They'll appreciate the buisness, I'm sure. There's really no way to spot someone playing this strategy either. They'll be mostly limping and folding and occasionally moving in. If you're going to fold every time they move in when you have an underflush or top two pair or whatever, that's fine. Somehow I doubt that's the case, though.Good luck.
I already stated I think you're simple strategy could be profitable, but I don't believe it would make you as much as you could make by applying sound NL strategies, beyond the basic ones you outlined here.Pogue just posted his KK getting beat by AQo after he moved in pf, which proves there's risk in your strategy, and big risk because of the all in mentality.You're suggesting you should "marry" KK and AA pf every time you get them. AA, ok, maybe I can see that, but KK? It's ONLY KK. As far as I'm concerned, putting such simple tactics to use without consideration for anything else that's going on in the game is foolish. Poker is a game of information, and to disregard any information you have at your disposal makes no sense to me. By information, I'm referring to stack sizes, your position, actions before you, etc. By ignoring all of this and adhering to a strict set of rules, you're limiting your potential to earn much more / lose much less than you would otherwise.

Poker is a game of information, and to disregard any information you have at your disposal makes no sense to me. By information, I'm referring to stack sizes, your position, actions before you, etc. By ignoring all of this and adhering to a strict set of rules, you're limiting your potential to earn much more / lose much less than you would otherwise.Sure.Play my strat for 20k hands, then how you play now (or vice versa) and let me know which one has the higher win rate.Untill then, I'll assume mine does.Sorry.Getting allin with KK against AQ preflop is ideal. Pogue got all the money in way ahead. Being 70/30 for your whole stack is fine with me. When you demonstrate you have a higher win rate than this strategy I'll pay attention. Untill then, it's all ego.Nothing more.Take care.

I already stated I think you're simple strategy could be profitable, but I don't believe it would make you as much as you could make by applying sound NL strategies, beyond the basic ones you outlined here.Pogue just posted his KK getting beat by AQo after he moved in pf, which proves there's risk in your strategy, and big risk because of the all in mentality.You're suggesting you should "marry" KK and AA pf every time you get them. AA, ok, maybe I can see that, but KK? It's ONLY KK. As far as I'm concerned, putting such simple tactics to use without consideration for anything else that's going on in the game is foolish. Poker is a game of information, and to disregard any information you have at your disposal makes no sense to me. By information, I'm referring to stack sizes, your position, actions before you, etc. By ignoring all of this and adhering to a strict set of rules, you're limiting your potential to earn much more / lose much less than you would otherwise.
you're missing the point entirely.this strategy, much like any other winning strategy at NL, cashes in big when opponents make mistakes. at low limit NLHE, your opponents make TONS of mistakes, and the biggest ones are related to excessive bad calls. this strategy exploits that, and does it in a way that, absolutely, no other strategy could do more.does AA lose sometimes? yes. does KK lose to AQ sometimes? yes, but pogue's opponent making that call is HUGELY +EV in the long run. you know that, right?the absolute best thing about this strategy is that it is so mindless that you can do it on upwards of ten tables at once, or do it on five and get mindnumbingly wasted, or do it on two and watch movies all day, etc., and you'll make a shit ton of money doing it.is it boring? yes. is it absolutely hilarious to watch people call when they need perfect perfect to beat you? definitely.again, the best thing about this strategy is that you can play a TON of tables without worrying about losing ANYTHING in bb/100. could i beat one table at low limit HE for a bigger bb/100 playing my "best game"? sure. could i beat 10-12 tables, or even play 10-12 tables, with my "best game"? no fucking way.i just drank about 10 shots of vodka and five tabled this way for about 90 minutes, and i was up on EVERY TABLE, at an average of one buyin per table. this is totally normal. seriously, anyone who argues that this strategy isn't hugely profitable, or including multitabling MORE profitable than their own strategy is lying or hasn't tried it. seriously.i really do find it hilarious that people think that they could make more money than someone doing this at low limit NL. as does smash, i'm sure.aside, for those of you who are sure you could beat this:here's how you beat a table full of people playing this way for the most money, which, surprise, surprise, isn't anything close to good poker: limp every hand. min bet every flop, fold to all ins. it'd be easy if everyone did this strategy, then, huh? but with other players around, you can't play this way. so we win money.
you're missing the point entirely.this strategy, much like any other winning strategy at NL, cashes in big when opponents make mistakes. at low limit NLHE, your opponents make TONS of mistakes, and the biggest ones are related to excessive bad calls. this strategy exploits that, and does it in a way that, absolutely, no other strategy could do more.does AA lose sometimes? yes. does KK lose to AQ sometimes? yes, but pogue's opponent making that call is HUGELY +EV in the long run. you know that, right?the absolute best thing about this strategy is that it is so mindless that you can do it on upwards of ten tables at once, or do it on five and get mindnumbingly wasted, or do it on two and watch movies all day, etc., and you'll make a shit ton of money doing it.is it boring? yes. is it absolutely hilarious to watch people call when they need perfect perfect to beat you? definitely.again, the best thing about this strategy is that you can play a TON of tables without worrying about losing ANYTHING in bb/100. could i beat one table at low limit HE for a bigger bb/100 playing my "best game"? sure. could i beat 10-12 tables, or even play 10-12 tables, with my "best game"? no fucking way.i just drank about 10 shots of vodka and five tabled this way for about 90 minutes, and i was up on EVERY TABLE, at an average of one buyin per table. this is totally normal. seriously, anyone who argues that this strategy isn't hugely profitable, or including multitabling MORE profitable than their own strategy is lying or hasn't tried it. seriously.i really do find it hilarious that people think that they could make more money than someone doing this at low limit NL. as does smash, i'm sure.aside, for those of you who are sure you could beat this:here's how you beat a table full of people playing this way for the most money, which, surprise, surprise, isn't anything close to good poker: limp every hand. min bet every flop, fold to all ins. it'd be easy if everyone did this strategy, then, huh? but with other players around, you can't play this way. so we win money.
Ok.Two questions.1. Just how low limit are we talking about?2. If this works, and is profitable, why in the world wouldn't you pay some nerd to make you some bots to do this? It couldn't be that hard to program a bot to do it, it's not like it needs reads or anything, and have 10 of them multitabling 12 hours a day?It would be utterly work free income.Hell, recruit people, pay them a slice, have 100's of bots running.

Ok.Two questions.1. Just how low limit are we talking about?2. If this works, and is profitable, why in the world wouldn't you pay some nerd to make you some bots to do this? It couldn't be that hard to program a bot to do it, it's not like it needs reads or anything, and have 10 of them multitabling 12 hours a day?It would be utterly work free income.Hell, recruit people, pay them a slice, have 100's of bots running.Hi.Ethics.It'd obviously be easier to have a winning NL bot, though, what with that game being so pathetically easy when compared to limit.

Ok.Two questions.1. Just how low limit are we talking about?2. If this works, and is profitable, why in the world wouldn't you pay some nerd to make you some bots to do this? It couldn't be that hard to program a bot to do it, it's not like it needs reads or anything, and have 10 of them multitabling 12 hours a day?It would be utterly work free income.Hell, recruit people, pay them a slice, have 100's of bots running.
the 15 i got now are working fine, having 100 would just be greedy
two answers:1. it works just fine for me at all NL games up to 400 dollar buyin (2/4 blinds) level. of course, it works better at lower limits where you get more calls, but i'd say i get about a call an hour at 2/4 or even some 3/6 or 5/10 NL tables if the pickin's right.2. yes, indeed. however, most sites will ban you if you're caught using a bot, to the best of my knowledge, and i don't wanna risk it. pacific is an exception, but will only let you play one table at a time. also, i don't have any friends that can do both poker and computers, but if you do, give me his/her number. please. i'll offer up a pacific account. :-)