where is dn headed after pokermountain?

i have had the chance to meet calvin from bodog a few different times and have nothing but respect for him and his company.I would like to see Daniel have his own site, but have it managed and marketed by bodog out of costa rica, making it a win win for all.Only problem with Bodog is that it wont let Canadians play there (they have offices in VAN) and lets no forget that there is rumors that the bodog recieved start up money from members of Van based motorcycle club.i would like to see Daniel go into business with Ladbrokes or william hill out of the UK.The europe market has amazing room to grow and not so much heat from the united states Attorney General

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had the chance to meet calvin from bodog a few different times and have nothing but respect for him and his company.I would like to see Daniel have his own site, but have it managed and marketed by bodog out of costa rica, making it a win win for all.Only problem with Bodog is that it wont let Canadians play there (they have offices in VAN) and lets no forget that there is rumors that the bodog recieved start up money from members of Van based motorcycle club.i would like to see Daniel go into business with Ladbrokes or william hill out of the UK.The europe market has amazing room to grow and not so much heat from the united states Attorney General
Well, by your post we can rule out Bodog. I can't see Daniel affliating himself with any site that will not allow players to play from his own country.........

Someday, some way, there should be a new Let's Make a Deal on the air, and when it arrives, Daniel needs to be part of it. The way he teases every single little thing reminds of the way that show used to go."I've got a great prize for you, and it's just behind that curtain. But, you can't see it until the end of the show."Erskine "ScrabbleMan" ThompsonLindale, GA

It would make sense for him to get his own poker room under the umbrella of an established network. That would probably be the easiest route, instead of creating a whole new network. Speculation is a pretty futile and frustrating exercise at this point. ... umm... I'm going to head over to off-topic and post... anything... several times.

It would make sense for him to get his own poker room under the umbrella of an established network. That would probably be the easiest route, instead of creating a whole new network. Speculation is a pretty futile and frustrating exercise at this point. ... umm... I'm going to head over to off-topic and post... anything... several times.
I cant see why he would not want to do something like that ~ from a business stand point it would be prefect ~ and remove a lot of the risk of a start up on his own !i would almost take odd's on something like this happening in one form or another.
i bet it's him starting his own site, and he's giving everybody their post count in dollars as a sign-up bonus! quick...let's start an infinite amount of postcount-bumping fluff threads!
Lmao!
me too!score! that's an extra dollar! :club:
Man, smash could be a frickin millionaire. BTW: Cha Ching! One more dollar in my bank!
that should be your sig. sure as hell beats anything ever said on american dad.
I was just thinking that. I'll put that in there and some other random Family Guy quote.
it could be anything, it could even be a boat!
"then lets just take the bo......""we'll take the box!"lois, you're acting like this is the first time i ever did something stupid. remember when we coulda gotten that boat?
Soeculation is FUN!!!!But then again I'm a conspiracy researcher.My guess is FCP will become its own site under the DoyleBrunson network - much like the Fishtank.
It's funny, you guys are now in the same boat as my fiance in a way. I have a big surprise set up for her birthday, but she'll have to wait a month to find out what it is. As for you guys, let's just say that everyone here is a big part of FCP's future. You guys, the posters in the forums are what made FCP become what it is today. You gave it an identity and in turn all of the loyal FCPers will reap the benefits in a big way.
I feel like it's Christmas morning right now.
lol same here
I cant see why he would not want to do something like that ~ from a business stand point it would be prefect ~ and remove a lot of the risk of a start up on his own !i would almost take odd's on something like this happening in one form or another.
I would certainly put a bet on this. I am certain Daniel feels that banking on a startup is not going to work at this point in the evolution of online poker. It seems to me to be the only logical choice.However, Daniel knows much more about the business than do I. Maybe I can talk him into giving me a job with the new site. hahaDoylesRoom would be interesting... it's not exactly one of the extremely popular networks right now. It seems to fit, though.

I think BoDog is gonna be a big one in the upcoming years. THey have had a great sports book there for a long time and they look to have the poker room going great for being open for a rather short time.

I am reading thru SS2 and "dolly" doesnt own doylesroom.com witch kinda shocked me to find that out ! and with him putting in a bid for WPT i find this very interesting.i really think any PRO poker play should be looking at what doyle does as someone who is setting a wonderful example, the doyle mchine will be kicking into full gear in the next 3-4 months with 3 new books coming on to the market along with many other items.at 71 the man is not lazy and is taking a big slice of the poker pie

I think BoDog is going to be big, because of it's referral bonus. It is insane.

The only reason I have to doubt that it's Bodog is thatDN was specific to say it would make ALL Fcp'ershappy.I know that a ton of canadian Fcp'ers wouldbe less than impressed if he ended up there, including yours truly,so my instinct tells me it won't be the 'dog.

I have trouble seeing him start yet another internet poker-site, especially with so many of the big names (i.e. many of his friends) committed already to sites. Not sure what'll end up happening, but let's hope it's a site with a good number of people.

Ever since he announced his departure from pokermountain I suspected he was looking at his own site.That's where the money is.On the far reaching end of the scale what about this:Doyle is looking to buy the WPT and Daniel is just the type of image that place is looking for. So Daniel could be looking to join up with them, in particular the new WPT online poker site????---Seriously though I can see his starting his own place.

pokerstories.com is a new site with marco traniello, on their main page it says this:Poker Stories is currently developing a free online poker room which will be live some time after the WSOP 2005 so click the yellow star above and bookmark us. Thanks for visiting our site and sweet dreams of pokewill DN join traniello (harman's husband?). Jayson webber is somewhat affiliated with pokerstories and he said that he and marco met then went to DN's house for some kind of meeting...wait and see i guess

The only reason I have to doubt that it's Bodog is thatDN was specific to say it would make ALL Fcp'ershappy.I know that a ton of canadian Fcp'ers wouldbe less than impressed if he ended up there, including yours truly,so my instinct tells me it won't be the 'dog.
I believe it was posted somewhere that BoDog was planning on allowing Canadians in by the end of the year. Don't quote me on that, but I seem to recall it from a previous thread.
Ever since he announced his departure from pokermountain I suspected he was looking at his own site.That's where the money is.On the far reaching end of the scale what about this:Doyle is looking to buy the WPT and Daniel is just the type of image that place is looking for. So Daniel could be looking to join up with them, in particular the new WPT online poker site????---Seriously though I can see his starting his own place.
the WPT online site won't be available for US players