• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cardinals and Red Sox  

missed it by that much  

If you root for St. Louis and you're not from the immediate St. Louis metro area, you're a horrible person.

• 3 weeks later...

So Bobby Abreu hit 2 home runs today, giving him six on the season, in 388 at-bats. He's also hitting a solid .255. What the hell happened to that guy, and how did he get 380 at-bats with only 4 home runs hitting .250 and still play every day?EDIT: OBP = .368, so I guess that's how. Still though, 6 home runs in almost 400 at-bats? Ouch.

So Bobby Abreu hit 2 home runs today, giving him six on the season, in 388 at-bats. He's also hitting a solid .255. What the hell happened to that guy, and how did he get 380 at-bats with only 4 home runs hitting .250 and still play every day?EDIT: OBP = .368, so I guess that's how. Still though, 6 home runs in almost 400 at-bats? Ouch.
Evidence that the Halo's offense is just bad, so bad. Of the starting nine, he is better than Hunter, Wells and Mathis. 4 runs scored against Seattle (outscored 6-4) and they win 2 of 3. God bless our pitching.Abreu is 37, so there ya go. He vested his 9 million option for next year, though I suspect that he will not last the whole 2012 with the Angels.

I'm rooting for the Angels in the West, probably for a few reasons. First, they're the underdog, and it's fun to root for the underdog. Second, I'd rather face them in the playoffs than face the Rangers :club:. And third I guess is just that it's fun to have some tight division races down the stretch, and the Angels are keeping pace, to the surprise of many.

Yeah, as a Red Sox fan I can see you rooting to not play the Cocaine Cowboys in the ALCS, Scioscia has to be in the lead for Manager of the Year, though many Halo fans are not happy with his love for Mathis and keeping Trumbo out of the middle of the order. But who else has done more as a manager in the AL. Boston, New York, and Texas are all where you expect them to be at this point in the season, the Halos are not. Jim Leyland?

Abreu has the same manager who prefers playing Jeff Mathis over Mike Napoli or Hank Conger.Interesting (not really) fact - the current top 3 Angels by batting average are all pitchers. That includes Tyler Chatwood, Ervin Santana and Dan Haren who have combined for 8 at bats.Seriously though - go check out Adam Dunn's stats. And he is a DH. You might be thinking to yourself "oh, I know they're terrible, I won't bother." But seriously, they are so historically bad that it is amazing. I think I read somewhere that his batting average right now would be the lowest for any qualifying player in history...by TWENTY POINTS.
Was on steroids? Now he isnt?
ESPN magazine article on it but here's this instead. No clue how similar they arehttp://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/683...s-rogers-centre
Thought that was an interesting article. Pretty yellow journalism, but if you look hard enough, she does have a point. Mostly, I wish they had actual quotes from the Yankees - pretty funny to see them quoted anonymously, when it'd be pretty easy to figure out who would've been sitting in the Yankees bullpen on that exact day.The stats used are purposely misleading, and most of the things discussed are far more common than the article implies. Wyers does good work though, and his work does indicate a more than normal amount of variance. Now, the Jays had a lot of guys playing for contracts, a lot of boom/bust hitters working with coaches that actually encouraged that, and other teams have put up bigger differentials.I think a lot of people wil consider the article to reasonably prove the Jays were stealing. I wouldn't be surprised if they were, but I very much doubt it is proven. Mostly, I'd like to see some video of this 'man in white' - if he is positioned where they said, it should be pretty easy to pick him out on the video. Sadly, I have neither the time, interest, nor access to find and review footage from a year-old game.

It's clearly the only reason that Bautista has so many homers and is making me look like a fool. I DEMAND ANSWERS AND A REFUND!

I think I read somewhere that his batting average right now would be the lowest for any qualifying player in history...by TWENTY POINTS.
Jesus. I knew he was getting booed and was hitting terribly, but I didn't realize he was still all the way down at .165. He almost certainly has to be on track to set the record for worst K/AB ratio ever as well. 142 strikeouts, in 334 at bats. He's 3 for 78 against lefties on the season, which, to further drive home how ridiculous that is, comes out to .038.
It's clearly the only reason that Bautista has so many homers and is making me look like a fool. I DEMAND ANSWERS AND A REFUND!
Your pretend-outrage fails. He has 17 on the road and 16 at home. :club:
Jesus. I knew he was getting booed and was hitting terribly, but I didn't realize he was still all the way down at .165. He almost certainly has to be on track to set the record for worst K/AB ratio ever as well. 142 strikeouts, in 334 at bats. He's 3 for 78 against lefties on the season, which, to further drive home how ridiculous that is, comes out to .038.Your pretend-outrage fails. He has 17 on the road and 16 at home. :club:
but those 16 at home could really be 6 without the signals. Pretty obvious.
You guys might have seen this ten times already, but in case you haven't: This is the left-fielder's very first major league game. He also got his first-ever hit that game, but people are gonna remember that catch for a very long time I think. First game!
Best part is him going back for his hat.Second best part, which I'll rehash for the people who don't follow minor trades. Here was a trade from a couple weeks ago:Dodgers trade:Trayvon RobinsonRed Sox trade:Prospect 1 (to Mariners)Prospect 2-4 (to Dodgers)Mariners trade:BedardSo the Dogers only involvement was trading Travon Robinson for 3 other prospects. All three are nothing prospects. If they're lucky, one will be a backup catcher in the major leagues. My favourite part though, is that there was absolutely no reason for them to get involved. They weren't rebuilding, like the Mariners, or acquiring a contending piece, like the Red Sox. They just felt like doing some prospect swappin. And in doing so, traded an excellent prospect for 3 pieces of trash. Seriously. They basically traded $1 for a dime and two nickels. I cannot imagine being a Dodgers fan right now.
Thome hits 600th; nobody cares.
Ahhh, yet if only a Yankee or a Roid Suck.
  • 3 weeks later...

Both of those are impressive.I've never seen the RF-1B live before, but I've seen older replays of it (like the one they show during the Casey video). That A's rookie who Francoeur threw out is gonna be sprinting to first on every basehit he gets for at least his next 100 ABs.

Both of those are impressive.I've never seen the RF-1B live before, but I've seen older replays of it (like the one they show during the Casey video). That A's rookie who Francoeur threw out is gonna be sprinting to first on every basehit he gets for at least his next 100 ABs.
Heh, he was running pretty hard too. Read somewhere that's the first time it has happened in a few years. They have play-by-play data since the early 70's - its happened only 5 times in the AL, but 31 times in the NL - mostly with pitchers batting.