New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Merge, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterHero (BTN): $17.63BB: $20.36Pre-Flop: Aclub.gif 9club.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)Hero raises to $0.25, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.75Flop: ($2) 6heartnormal.gif Aspadenormal.gif 9heartnormal.gif (2 Players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB calls $1.30Turn: ($4.60) 6club.gif (2 Players)BB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($4.60) 2diamond.gif (2 Players)BB raises to $18.06 and is All-In, Hero calls $15.33 and is All-InResults: $35.26 Pot ($0.50 Rake)Hero showed Aclub.gif 9club.gif and WON $34.76 (+$17.18 NET)BB showed 3diamond.gif 4diamond.gif and LOST (-$17.53 NET)
tough call to make, nh
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

tough call to make, nh
yeah, I banked and banked and bankedbasically decided he would likely c.r 66 on the flop and he could be value shoving AQ or AK... if he had 67 or similar ggI should always bet the turn there but in game I felt like his range was really weak bc he was 3betting so much. I was hoping to induce a bluff on the river and I think I would have raised a normal sized bet to get value from an AX hand.Was nice to be right, but yeah, tough spot when he jams almost 4x pot. He's a nitty 6max player, 15/12 over 400 hands, but once we got HU he became very aggro

against a nitty reg, even though he switched gears HU, that's definitely a tough call. good result though after a good thought process; although I don't think he ever plays aq/ak like this. he's very polarized imo.

Is there a good reason to NOT show it? More just curious about why you dont think you should show it.
I don't think there is any reason to let people know you pay a bunch. They will probably find out eventually but there is no need to give out free info.
yeah, I banked and banked and bankedbasically decided he would likely c.r 66 on the flop and he could be value shoving AQ or AK... if he had 67 or similar ggI should always bet the turn there but in game I felt like his range was really weak bc he was 3betting so much. I was hoping to induce a bluff on the river and I think I would have raised a normal sized bet to get value from an AX hand.Was nice to be right, but yeah, tough spot when he jams almost 4x pot. He's a nitty 6max player, 15/12 over 400 hands, but once we got HU he became very aggro
The thing that I had issue with is just how many bluffs he can actually have in his range. He's 3bet and then c/c the flop OOP. The fact he did it with no pair no draw (aside from two pretty silly backdoor draws) is super ridiculous and it's obviously a great spot to exploit him. I'd definitely take a note on that James and keep it in mind for BTN vs. Blinds situations in 6max, if he's being so aggro with his 3bets HU.
when we check back the turn it's a snap
I can see where you're coming from here, and yes once we check back turn we're basically inducing him to bluff. But it's not always right to say that because it was our intention we therefore have to call. He has to be bluffing 80% of the time here for us to break even/start profiting on a call; I doubt he's value jamming 4x the pot size with worse than A9 enough for it to affect our decision here. I think it's a very difficult call and probably pretty close either way in the end. That said if he'd value bet the river I think it would be a kinda fun spot to raise/call it off.

Did I play this badly, line check. I think I played it fine but someone I know says otherwise. If you think I did please explain why.My thinking, in a 3 way pot I didn't think checking after 3 betting looked to funny because I'm 3 betting a few hands I would definitely check on that flop. I prefer to let them lead and/or catch up on the turn. The bb seemed okay, nothing great but nothing too fishy either, no read on UTG2Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3CO: $10.00BTN: $13.22Hero (SB): $9.14BB: $16.96UTG: $12.86MP: $10.79Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: Q:diamond: fold, MP raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, BB calls $0.90, MP calls $0.70Flop: ($3.00, 3 players) K:club: K:heart: Q:spade: Hero checks, BB bets $2.00, fold, Hero calls $2.00Turn: ($7.00, 2 players) A:club: Hero checks, BB bets $4.66, Hero raises to $6.14 and is all-in, BB calls $1.48River: ($19.28, 2 players) 7:spade:

hope you didn't lose to AK :(What are your hud stats/reads on the players? This will answer the question of whether I like your decision to 3-bet pre-flopAnd I pretty much hate checking the flop bc once we check/call the flop we eliminate all bluffs from our range and we announce to the world that we have a monster, or at least showdown value (like AA I think in this spot) Not that I suspect a high level of thought or hand-reading from the avg 10nl villain, but in a greater poker sense it's very importantI'd c-bet close to half pot. Obv it sucks when everyone snap folds, but it keeps bluffs in our range and it ensure we get some money in the pot so we can go half-pot, half-pot, jam.I think checking the flop is going to fall under the "scared of scaring off our customers" and "fancy play syndrome" category.Also, use that auto-top off to 100bb feature so we get max value when we flop boats ;)Have we played any hands together on Merge? My sn is xxxxxxxx

The thing that I had issue with is just how many bluffs he can actually have in his range. He's 3bet and then c/c the flop OOP. The fact he did it with no pair no draw (aside from two pretty silly backdoor draws) is super ridiculous and it's obviously a great spot to exploit him. I'd definitely take a note on that James and keep it in mind for BTN vs. Blinds situations in 6max, if he's being so aggro with his 3bets HU. I can see where you're coming from here, and yes once we check back turn we're basically inducing him to bluff. But it's not always right to say that because it was our intention we therefore have to call. He has to be bluffing 80% of the time here for us to break even/start profiting on a call; I doubt he's value jamming 4x the pot size with worse than A9 enough for it to affect our decision here. I think it's a very difficult call and probably pretty close either way in the end. That said if he'd value bet the river I think it would be a kinda fun spot to raise/call it off.
thanks, coach
New engine in my car today. Whoo!
This is a beat, or brag?

QUOTE (KingJames @ Saturday, August 13th, 2011, 7:20 PM)hope you didn't lose to AK sad.gifWhat are your hud stats/reads on the players? This will answer the question of whether I like your decision to 3-bet pre-flopAnd I pretty much hate checking the flop bc once we check/call the flop we eliminate all bluffs from our range and we announce to the world that we have a monster, or at least showdown value (like AA I think in this spot) Not that I suspect a high level of thought or hand-reading from the avg 10nl villain, but in a greater poker sense it's very importantI'd c-bet close to half pot. Obv it sucks when everyone snap folds, but it keeps bluffs in our range and it ensure we get some money in the pot so we can go half-pot, half-pot, jam.I think checking the flop is going to fall under the "scared of scaring off our customers" and "fancy play syndrome" category.Also, use that auto-top off to 100bb feature so we get max value when we flop boats wink.gifHave we played any hands together on Merge? My sn is xxxxxxxxI very much agree with this. You hit the nail right on the head. Once we c/c the flop our range is AQ/AA/Kx/QQ/KK which is really lolstrong. QUOTE (KingJames @ Saturday, August 13th, 2011, 7:31 PM)thanks, coachThis is a beat, or brag?No worries mateeeee

thanks, coachThis is a beat, or brag?
Little bit of both I suppose. My car's been to the dealership about 5 or 6 times in the 3 years I've had the thing.Last week they finally decided to put a rebuilt engine in it to hopefully solve the problem.
Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3CO: $10.00BTN: $13.22Hero (SB): $9.14BB: $16.96UTG: $12.86MP: $10.79Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: Q:diamond: fold, MP raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, BB calls $0.90, MP calls $0.70Flop: ($3.00, 3 players) K:club: K:heart: Q:spade: Hero checks, BB bets $2.00, fold, Hero calls $2.00Turn: ($7.00, 2 players) A:club: Hero checks, BB bets $4.66, Hero raises to $6.14 and is all-in, BB calls $1.48River: ($19.28, 2 players) 7:spade:
Rootbeer.

Yeah I agree, betting the flop would have been best. They were fairly passive and not likely to 4 bet me without a monster. Yes I did lose to AK, which he flatted me with pre, didn't really see that coming but as I said they were passive. Just a cooler, my main concern was that I misplayed it not that I lost the hand.I've only been playing 10NL on Merge for about a week, sort of seem to remember seeing you, I'm FU2DOJ.

Yeah I agree, betting the flop would have been best.
When you get into situations like that on the flop, always ask yourself, "if i bet here, will i actually get credit for having the monster i have?"... in other words... "do i want to bet air here?"versus an unknown, i actually tend to be more cautious of someone who 3bets and checks here vs someone who 3bets and leads here
When you get into situations like that on the flop, always ask yourself, "if i bet here, will i actually get credit for having the monster i have?"... in other words... "do i want to bet air here?"versus an unknown, i actually tend to be more cautious of someone who 3bets and checks here vs someone who 3bets and leads here
Find lots of fishy people check the monster thinking they are being tricky. Lots of Fancy play syndrome at the micros when its generally not needed.
Find lots of fishy people check the monster thinking they are being tricky. Lots of Fancy play syndrome at the micros when its generally not needed.
I find it ironic you post this and then play those aces and queens the way you did... I mean i never expected to get flatted with those 2 pair on the river and lose...Oddly enough, that spew session left me up 2.5 buys, so sorry you had to go
I find it ironic you post this and then play those aces and queens the way you did... I mean i never expected to get flatted with those 2 pair on the river and lose...Oddly enough, that spew session left me up 2.5 buys, so sorry you had to go
So you think I'm a fish, ohh well. You are not the first person to think that and you wont be the last. I play 4NL, never said I was a super star, if I was I wouldnt be playing 4NL. I find the +2.5bi win a little fishy too. I left and HEM said you were down $15. When you left the table you were at 9ish dollars, and the other table you up to 10ish dollars.
I find the +2.5bi win a little fishy too. I left and HEM said you were down $15. When you left the table you were at 9ish dollars, and the other table you up to 10ish dollars.
LOOOOOLI was on 3Also, why do you think I precluded that with "oddly enough" and called it a "spew session"Don't be so angry bro ;)Just sayin, you missed value from this retard