New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolive pokahz.1/3nl, buyin $300Like 2nd hand I'm OTB with AA. Few limps and I make it $20 and get 3 callers. Flop comes AT7 2 clubs. checked to the guy on my right on shoves $104. I flat hoping to induce somebody else to call with AQ/AJ. They fold. He flips AJ (no club). Turn Q, River K. Deeeeeerp.End up losing another $150 to that same guy when we both flopped top pair. Was down $300ish at one point. Then, another loooool hand against the same guy.We're like 7 handed ad I raise T9hh to $12. Get 3 calls. Flop comes 855cc. Checked to me I bet 35. One fold, back to villain.I'm going to try to explain this the best I can. I'm in the 4 seat, he is in the 2 seat, and for some reason our dealer had bought a new KEM deck but they were the jumbo index ones (lol). As he is doing that thing were he's mixing his cards back and forth with one hand. I see a 7. He does it a few more times and I see an 8. So he has 87.He calls, next guy folds. Turn is Tc (3 clubs). He checks. I bet 40, He randomly check/raise to 95 almost instantly. I decided just to flat since he can only have 2 outs (I was pretty sure the 7 was red so no FD). River comes Jc and he quickly bets 100. I only have 250 behind at this point. Now I got really confused because I have only played with this guy a few times, but he seemed like the 'passive/wait for the nuts and pound' type. So if I hadn't seen his cards, I would never guess he just has an 8. I thought about just calling because I would look so cooling calling with T9hh on the 855TJcccc board. But I decided to shove just in case he actually had the 7c figuring he couldn't possibly call. I slide out the $100 and say 'raise' and before I'm even done counting out the rest of my stack he mucks. Hour or so later. Some mega dump truck/calling station straddles to 15. 6 way flop including me OTB with K9cc. Flop comes QJ5dd. Checked to me and I throw out 45 and get two calls (directly to my left). Turn is a 4x. They both check to me. There's ~$180 in the pot and I make it $130. I liked this bet sizing because against two villains I would make it around that with a hand like QJ/55. The first guy tank calls, the next guy gave it that 'Well, I guess I have to' look and calls. So at this point I figured villain 1 (first caller) probably has 2 pair or some kind of draw. Villain two I'm almost positive he the NFD or some type of combo draw like T9dd. Villain 1 in this hand is a LAG who has a high VPIP (probably 60% or higher). It usually takes more than 1 bet for him to fold a pair. Villain 2 is pretty weak/passive. River comes a Qx. Which I figure is a perfect card. If villain 1 hand two pair it likely wasn't with a unless in was Q4 since Q5/QJ raise me on the flop. Meaning if he did have 2 pair he now got counterfeited. And yes, I believe most 2 pair combos are in his calling range pre, and he could have floating the flop with 2nd or bottom pair. The both check and I make it $170 into the $550 pot. Which I now realize is really tiny, but I figure they only had not folding is a Qx hand. So I'm betting $170 to win $550 basically betting they don't have a Q. They both fold after a combined .34 seconds. They show each other. and they had 86dd and A3dd.We we're 4 handed until 2am and then 2 left so me and the weak/passive villain from ^^^ played HU for like 20min. To try to counter the rake we made in 5/10nl. I was hoping to just play super aggro vs him and pick up a bunch of small pots. I ended up profiting like $150 profit HU and that was about my profit for the night. Cliff notes;AA<AJ on AT7 for $275Lol hand involved me seeing somebody's hand and winning $250 from him due to it3 barrel-bluffs vs two villains for $550 pot5/10nl HU$150 profit

Be tee dubs. It's nice to have an a couple wins in a row even if they were small to help with the two straight sessions were I was like -$1000.#Gettingbackonthehorse

Sounds good to me. I don't think it's that important to be a BR nit when moving up. Like you shouldn't need 25bi to play in the micros. So the more shots you can take and faster you can move up, the better.Let me know how that cashout goes. I was under the impression we wouldn't be able to cash out, but I haven't really looked into it.
You can request a check. I assume it will take a few weeks but I'm in no rush. But I will request a check today and let you guys know.
move up as fast as you can; that way, when your money gets frozen you can at least tell yourself that you had played nosebleeds, once upon a time.
Teh nosebleeds?? Yeah, I def wanted to be aggressive with the BR but I def don't play that well on a short roll. Like when I had 18bi for 10nl I kinda played a bit scared and then yesterday with even less for 25nl I was def playing a bit scurred monies. eddie the live pro, itt. gg
move up as fast as you can; that way, when your money gets frozen you can at least tell yourself that you had played nosebleeds, once upon a time.
Yeah, I guess I can start considering 3/6 and 5/10 on Cake.
lol, and you want me to deposit James
Bodog still has speedy withdraws. You get a free check per month and it usually takes less than a week. Let me know and I'll give you my referral.

Cool 10nl video from a DC member: he basically stole a really wide range and made like 1/4 pot cbets with air on dry boards and then played a pretty tag style other than that. Pretty standard stuff over all but an interesting take and prob worth the time to watch. Def a session where a lot of little pots go wrong and he does a great job just sticking to the plan and lots of bet/folding and just taking his lumps.http://www.pokeruni-deutschland.de/poker/v..._20110621_I.wmv

Remembered another LOL hand from Friday. This one could use some input as I really didn't know if I played it ok or just put in heaps with TP and got lucky I won.Raised to 12 from UTG+1 with KThh. I get 5 callers or so flop comes T97 2 clubs. I cbet like 40. Get a call and a shove for 60-ish(total). Me and the other player calls. The guy allin is a pretty loose/spewy. I figure I could have him here but if I do he either has a club draw or like 98. I'm figuring I'm behind him more often than not. However, the 3rd player in the hand who has like 160 behind after the flop is a horri-bad dump truck who will call down with any piece of the flop. I've seen her call down with bottom pair, but then I've seen her call down with 2 pair/set because she's scared of the flush draw (Yes, I said flush DRAW. I've seen her call down with top set because she was "scared the flush would get there").Anywho.. Turn comes a 3h. I think for a while and finally bet 100. She snap calls(I've truly never seen her take more than 3 seconds to make a decision). River comes a Qd. Not a great card since some straight draws got there, but I bet her last 60 and she again snap calls. I show KT, she throws over AKss and bitches because she "can never win with that ****ing hand". She obv also added in that she can't win with the dealer who dealt the hand. Allin guy showed J8 for the flopped nuts and dragged the main. I still profited about 100 on the hand. Given read of villain is my play standard or really spewy and I just got lucky my hand was good.

So I kinda started doing this new stop/loss thing for me recently.Basically I start each session with 4 tables. If I'm down a BI at a table, I close that table, and I won't open a new table.The session is over once all tables are closed, or until I don't feel like playing anymore. Hopefully it's the latter more often.So far I've noticed it's helping me with any spewage and/or tiltage problems I have.

So I kinda started doing this new stop/loss thing for me recently.Basically I start each session with 4 tables. If I'm down a BI at a table, I close that table, and I won't open a new table.The session is over once all tables are closed, or until I don't feel like playing anymore. Hopefully it's the latter more often.So far I've noticed it's helping me with any spewage and/or tiltage problems I have.
Good idea...
you always play like that though; this time you got called
I was the one doing the calling :(Went golfing and shot an 87, and won a ton prop betting.Now lolive poker with degens. Eddie might be coming, TR to follow.
I was the one doing the calling :club: Went golfing and shot an 87, and won a ton prop betting.Now lolive poker with degens. Eddie might be coming, TR to follow.
I'm now calling BS when you tweeted me that we'd be a "pretty even match on the golf course." My best score is an 86 and I've only broken 90 like 5 times.
I'm now calling BS when you tweeted me that we'd be a "pretty even match on the golf course." My best score is an 86 and I've only broken 90 like 5 times.
Aurora hills and I play really good when there is money on the line. I step my freaking game up.Wanna go degen?I'm calling you now!
Aurora hills and I play really good when there is money on the line. I step my freaking game up.Wanna go degen?I'm calling you now!
I'm the exact opposite. I usually tank on the big shots. Though I did turn a shanked drive into a huge par on 18 at A Hills last time I played. That bail out was the difference between -$10 and +$50degen, yes! South Suburban courses, ftw! Primarily because I only pay $5 for 18 and $5 for a cart. WeeeeeeeeeeeeeYou have not called me. You texted me.