New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I agree the C/R is a better and cheaper option IF there's a greater chance of her raising my flop bet over any other action. I think the only reason I took my line is because at the time, I thought she was more likely to just fold. If she just calls, then that's the cheapest route, other than check/check. The original plan was bet/fold, but when she started talking, that's why I raised.

Anyways, enough about that hand. Here's another one that happened a different day. It's pretty standard on my part, so this is more from the perspective of villain.

My original table gets broken up after a few hours, and I get moved to a new table, and have to sit in Seat 1 (gross!). I have somewhere between $280 and $320 in front of me. The guy directly to my left in Seat 2 is your generic wanna-be poker pro. White guy in his late 30s/early 40s. Wearing a plane t-shirt, dark sunglasses, and he has a WSOP card protector. He's also got the most chips at the table, with around $700 or so.

In the beginning, he seems to raise a few pots pre-flop, but plays ABC post-flop. Not too tight, and not too aggressive. I don't think he's horrible, but he's definitely not great. So the hand starts after about 15 minutes of me being there. Leading up to the hand, he's yapping the whole time about how he got coolered and bubbled a qualifier when he ran top 2 into top set.

He raises to $6 UTG. 2 callers. I look down at AsKs in the BB and make it $25. He instantly shuts up. At this point I'm just staring directly in front of me at the felt, but I can see in my peripheral that he's doing his best Hellmuth impression and staring me down. After a minute, he makes it $100. One person folds, but an old lady in the SB calls for less (she had around $60 to start the hand).

It's on me now, and I tank for a little bit, all while this guy is staring into my soul. I jam the rest in, and he eventually folds after another 2 minutes of soul reading.

I ended up winning the hand on a board of AT36A

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

It might be time to bring this thread back.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/31/2010 at 9:55 AM, SCS said:
droberts said:
Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 509656The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $12.73CO: $27.10BTN: $7.91Hero (SB): $11.54BB: $8.45Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :4h Q :club:UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.40, 1 fold, UTG requests TIME, UTG calls $1.10, 1 foldFlop: ($3.20) 6 :ts 9 :qh 6 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $2, UTG calls $2Turn: ($7.20) 7 :3h(2 players)thoughts and line check please.

Shove the turn. Villain is unlikely to have a 6x hand, AA and KK usually 4 bet preflop. Players at 10NL will call with TT, JJ, A9, and maybe 87 depending on how loose they open UTG and call a 3 bet.

On 1/31/2010 at 6:57 AM, KingJames said:

Firstly, Dustin (I'm not gonna write droberts every time I refer to you) and I are currently playing 10nlThen... here's my first spot. Is this a good spot to keep betting? Balugawhale and other DC coaching are always saying at the micros to just value bet until they give you a reason to believe you're beat.http://www.feralcowpoker.com/images/feral_cow_icon.gifv1.10Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG colcali77: $10.03 UTG+1 hammer8484: $9.77 CO danman225: $5.48 Button warthog21: $4.09 SB Hero: $10.00 BB pamanciomec00: $10.85 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with :3h: :5c: (6 players)colcali77 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40paris cdg car service pamanciomec00 folds, colcali77 calls $0.30Flop: ($0.90) :club:: :4h: :qh: (2 players)Hero bets $0.65, colcali77 calls $0.65Turn: ($2.20) :ts: (2 players)Hero bets $1.50, colcali77 raises to $4.90, EDIT: this was early in the sess without much info, but dude ended up being 48/38/.88 over 40 handsSo yeah, I folded, but I dunno what he raises here except for a slow-played set or A5... As I look back the low AF def makes this a fold, but I'm curious about firing a 2nd barrel

Hi, Why do you say they were beaten? I did not understand

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, cristinaragland56 said:

I think that the covid of many participants of this forum has silenced. Lol You can just start a new topic or tell us about your successes

it seems like covid would get everyone talking in the forums because it's not safe to stand around :)