I know I have finally gotten old when I have to mention that the violence in this show is over the top for prime time TV. Either way, that was a pretty decent ep.
Was it the spilled intestines?
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it the spilled intestines?
That was part of it but the main part was towards the end where it was a panning shot of nothing but russians laying dead with pools of blood under the heads and then the shot of the head guy also with the blood + the pole sticking out of his bloody chest. Don't get me wrong, I am no prude, but I don't think that much gore is needed on a 9pm TV show. And it clearly isn't the only show that I notice it in. Also I find it funny that this country gets uppity about sex but gore and violence is okay.I am just old though so don't mind me and get the fuck off my lawn.

I heard on the finale episode Jack is going to go against the Smoke Monster for killing his mother when she flashed 6 months into the future where she noticed another dimension opened up which was in a war with aliens who were lizards with human shells on them being fought by agents with the Intersect as their weapon.It is supposed to be a 2.5 hour episode.I hope they don't have too many commercials

That was part of it but the main part was towards the end where it was a panning shot of nothing but russians laying dead with pools of blood under the heads and then the shot of the head guy also with the blood + the pole sticking out of his bloody chest. Don't get me wrong, I am no prude, but I don't think that much gore is needed on a 9pm TV show. And it clearly isn't the only show that I notice it in. Also I find it funny that this country gets uppity about sex but gore and violence is okay.I am just old though so don't mind me and get the fuck off my lawn.
I've always wondered about what the rules were for that stuff. They won't say "shit" on the main networks, or asshole when they censor movies for television, but pretty much anything goes for violence. Hell of an episode though.
I've always wondered about what the rules were for that stuff. They won't say "shit" on the main networks, or asshole when they censor movies for television, but pretty much anything goes for violence. Hell of an episode though.
Saying shit isn't cool, but shooting someone repeatidly and stabbing someone into the floor through their stomach with a sword? Damn, the FCC is good.

A few thoughts: - Dude, Jack has totally gone too far. I guess they're making a movie too or whatever, but the only reasonable conclusion to 24 would be one of the following: First he obviously saves the day but then, 1) Jack dies. 2) Jack goes to prison forever. 3) Jack manages to escape and goes underground forever. Like, can't-ever-contact-Kim-except-through-hidden-messages-in-newspaper-ads-underground. - His bulletproof suit was hilarious and awesome.- Um, he like totally killed some Secret Service dudes. Or else maybe somebody in one of the cars further back. That was not very cool of him, although he did look very cool doing it. - This is an actual question, not a sarcastic snipe: Don't ex-presidents and super-important people like that have basically a motorcade, or at least a mini one? Logan was just in a limo in regular traffic. Seems ridiculous...but maybe that's how they really roll? - This is less of an actual question, and more of a sarcastic snipe: even if he didn't need or deserve a motorcade, wouldn't you expect Logan's Secret Service dudes to avoid streets like Ambush Alley? I mean really, that was like a bad street for claustrophobic people, let alone a potential target of assassination. Just sayin. - Freddy Prinze has the right idea.

A few thoughts: - Dude, Jack has totally gone too far. I guess they're making a movie too or whatever, but the only reasonable conclusion to 24 would be one of the following: First he obviously saves the day but then, 1) Jack dies. 2) Jack goes to prison forever. 3) Jack manages to escape and goes underground forever. Like, can't-ever-contact-Kim-except-through-hidden-messages-in-newspaper-ads-underground. - His bulletproof suit was hilarious and awesome.- Um, he like totally killed some Secret Service dudes. Or else maybe somebody in one of the cars further back. That was not very cool of him, although he did look very cool doing it. - This is an actual question, not a sarcastic snipe: Don't ex-presidents and super-important people like that have basically a motorcade, or at least a mini one? Logan was just in a limo in regular traffic. Seems ridiculous...but maybe that's how they really roll? - This is less of an actual question, and more of a sarcastic snipe: even if he didn't need or deserve a motorcade, wouldn't you expect Logan's Secret Service dudes to avoid streets like Ambush Alley? I mean really, that was like a bad street for claustrophobic people, let alone a potential target of assassination. Just sayin. - Freddy Prinze has the right idea.
He didn't kill any secret service men. He injured them. Freddie and Chloe even discussed it.
Former presidents get less and less security as the years go by. I've delivered flowers to Pres. Ford's house and had the SS tell me to just take them into the kitchen, where I ran into the Mrs. in a bathrobe.So that part isn't impossible to imagine.The only thing that bugs me is that the current president Mrs. 'Can't turn over one man to save tens of thousands from being killed in a dirty bomb attack', would be so quick to throw Jack under the bus for her legacy.Then when it goes bad ( after about 2 hours ) she now is willing to commit felonies to protect her legacy?She puts her daughter into jail, regardless how it makes her look, then is willing to make Watergate look like a misdemeanor in order to keep her name on a 'peace treaty' with an Arabic state ( those are always so stable and long lasting )?The more reasonable thing to do would be for her to come out and announce the Russian involvement, say she has had this information for less than 4 hours and felt the best thing to do would be to come out with it. Who's going to care if she waited 3 hours to tell the world something?Then give Jack a full pardon, for all acts up to and including next Thursday, and let him go.
He didn't kill any secret service men. He injured them. Freddie and Chloe even discussed it.
I know, and that's completely ridiculous. He fired dozens of rounds in an enclosed space with pedestrians all over the place, and his bullets were aimed at the secret service men. There should have been bodies everywhere. The secret service men also fired a ton of rounds at Bauer. Like, too many pedestrians. Uncool, Jack.He also straight-murdered all those Russian dudes. Like, yeah the top guy was evil, but I'll bet his bodyguards were just like Russian secret service. And he murdered like 6 of them.
I know, and that's completely ridiculous. He fired dozens of rounds in an enclosed space with pedestrians all over the place, and his bullets were aimed at the secret service men. There should have been bodies everywhere. The secret service men also fired a ton of rounds at Bauer. Like, too many pedestrians. Uncool, Jack.He also straight-murdered all those Russian dudes. Like, yeah the top guy was evil, but I'll bet his bodyguards were just like Russian secret service. And he murdered like 6 of them.
They're russians, fuck em.
I've delivered flowers to Pres. Ford's house and had the SS tell me to just take them into the kitchen, where I ran into the Mrs. in a bathrobe.
BG: ohMF: nice balloonsBG: Is right here fine?MF: as long as they don't popBG: just don't give them a prickMF: no problem. I haven't seen one of those in yearsBG: oh. well actually neither have IMF: huh? you're not that fatBG: mm well lucky meMF: Ed BallsBG: ?
So we all agree that was a terrible finale, right?
I liked it a lot.I just watched the final 5 hours of the season in the last few days. I loved all of them, they really salvaged this season in the last 8 hours in my opinion.first 16 hours - 6.5/10last 8 hours - 9/10

FWIW, I had no idea about the 24 movie in production, so I actually thought Jack might die, and that probably increased the tension for me at the end.loved the countdown to 0 as well. I was actually really sad when it ended.for all the blah episodes this season, it did contain a few really outstanding sequences that can stand alongside some of the shows best.1. The leadup and subsequent reveal for president Hassan's death was fantastic, and one of the most exciting/tense scenes ever in 24, imo.2. The 'Death suit'. enough said3. the final scene was perfectly done, imo.

FWIW, I had no idea about the 24 movie in production, so I actually thought Jack might die, and that probably increased the tension for me at the end.loved the countdown to 0 as well. I was actually really sad when it ended.for all the blah episodes this season, it did contain a few really outstanding sequences that can stand alongside some of the shows best.1. The leadup and subsequent reveal for president Hassan's death was fantastic, and one of the most exciting/tense scenes ever in 24, imo.2. The 'Death suit'. enough said3. the final scene was perfectly done, imo.
Agree on all. You know what you're talking about sir. The fade of the drone to black was awesome.
Jack should have died.
i suspect he would have if not for movie plans.
The end with Chloe and the drone was pure schlock. jmo
it was schlock, but at least it was genuine schlock - earned by what happened in the series and true to the the series (unlike the purely contrived schlock of a bunch of dead losties in purgatory walking into the light together).
it was schlock, but at least it was genuine schlock - earned by what happened in the series and true to the the series (unlike the purely contrived schlock of a bunch of dead losties in purgatory walking into the light together).
Just let it go...i would rather have seen Logan get killed in some final destination type scenario - he got off easy.I liked the ending - Chloe's last line was a perfect sendoff until the movie comes out