• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There a bunch of female actresses that resemble each other. Rousseau, Alex, um, Allison Janney, and Sheila Kelley. (West Wing!) Are they supposed to be the mother archetype, appearance passed through time?Do any male characters look like one another?Did Richard die, or was his baptism enough to protect him?
anyone have any ideas on this. Please do not tell me eyeliner has not aged for hundreds of years and then they take him out in a lame way. Smoke Monster deaths are awesome but he could have killed Richard for again hundreds of years. He better be in the finale. I thought his wife told Hurley he (Richard) had to kill flocke--- I think the show's title refers to me--

Now that was a Lost episode. Sadly it was the second to last one. I doubt Richard is dead. But I have no theory on why, just that I don't think he is dead. Just like I don't think the pilot is dead either. When someone dies on this show they pretty much make sure you know about it. I agree with the buddy cop show idea. I also think Locke and Ben need to do a show together as they are great together. And as luck has it, the guy playing Locke is writing a show for both of them so that will be cool.I am glad this episode made me excited to see the finale.

There a bunch of female actresses that resemble each other. Rousseau, Alex, um, Allison Janney, and Sheila Kelley. (West Wing!) Are they supposed to be the mother archetype, appearance passed through time?Do any male characters look like one another?Did Richard die, or was his baptism enough to protect him?
I think it's against the rules to kill Richard, otherwise he'd already be dead
i'd like to see a spin off with Miles and Sawyer in a buddy-cop show
YepAlso, QFMFT on the Michael Emerson comment. The guy is excellent.
I think it's against the rules to kill Richard, otherwise he'd already be dead
This is where I get confused. I thought Richard couldn't kill himself, not that he was immortal. I guess this doesn't matter too much. The show ends in a couple of days, right?If this plot point had been in an earlier season, I'm not sure how excited I'd feel. Lost feels a little like Pirates of the Caribbean--death is only a state of mind.
Also, QFMFT on the Michael Emerson comment. The guy is excellent.
I couldn't agree more. I really hope to see him again in a TV show, movie, etc soon. He has played the role better than anyone else ever could.
This is where I get confused. I thought Richard couldn't kill himself, not that he was immortal. I guess this doesn't matter too much. The show ends in a couple of days, right?If this plot point had been in an earlier season, I'm not sure how excited I'd feel. Lost feels a little like Pirates of the Caribbean--death is only a state of mind.
Jacob made it so he is ageless, not immortal. Although it seems fate has other options with Richard. Also, if you didn't figure it out, Jack now is ageless as well. According to sources it is unknown that he died or not, but there's no way that they simply see him slammed against a tree and he's gone. Lost makes a huge shimmy about people dying so I'm sure he is simply unconscious.
Although in many cases it's putting couples together I think the real goal is connecting the key characters to their "constants". Now that Desmond found his (re: Penny) he is able to keep his mind as he jumps through the timelines/realities.Hugo's constant is obviously Libby which allowed him to get the flashbacks/vision when they connected in the kiss.Interesting things for me:1. Will Jack once again rise to take command and take his place as chief Lostie. The story just doesn't seem right if the leader just falls and becomes nothing. He HAS to be a key to the final confrontation against evil IMO2. Was that kid that evil dude walk away from a young Jacob? have we seen this kid before??I'm so curious as to how their going to finish this all off. There aren't many episodes left so I expect the world out of the remaining episodes.
Oh yah...I called it! :club:

I think that was pretty easy to call. Who really was anyone's frontrunner besides Jack to become the protector of the Island? It'd be a shocker if it was anyone else.

I think that was pretty easy to call. Who really was anyone's frontrunner besides Jack to become the protector of the Island? It'd be a shocker if it was anyone else.
yeah, but i wish it would have been pretty much anyone else. Jack cries too much to be the protector
i thought it was the worst, most contrived piece of crap finale in the history of TV.
Ok, granted, I'm not a Lost fan, I've never before watched a full episode, and I just caught up by watching the two hour thing before the finale while studying...but that makes me fairly objective, right? Also uninformed, but whatever.Anyway, what the hell were you doing wasting six years on a show like this if this wasn't the kind of finale you wanted? Honestly, how the fuck were they going to end such a ridiculous sequence of events in a way that would actually make any sense whatsoever? Some people died, some made it off the island, some stayed voluntarily to play a certain part, and in the end every relationship had some closure. The End.I liked it.
Ok, granted, I'm not a Lost fan, I've never before watched a full episode, and I just caught up by watching the two hour thing before the finale while studying...but that makes me fairly objective, right? Also uninformed, but whatever.Anyway, what the hell were you doing wasting six years on a show like this if this wasn't the kind of finale you wanted? Honestly, how the fuck were they going to end such a ridiculous sequence of events in a way that would actually make any sense whatsoever? Some people died, some made it off the island, some stayed voluntarily to play a certain part, and in the end every relationship had some closure. The End.I liked it.
i can think of many ways to end it that would have made at least SOME sense of what was going on in the series. this ending had virtually nothing to do with events in the series. summary: jack fixed the island's butt plug to turn the light back on now we meet up in purgatory after we're all dead and "what happened happened" so we can go to heaven (or reincarnate) together. unbelievably lazy pandering cop out on the part of the writers.