I'm struggling along here. I really didn't like this episode, it didn't engage me at all. From reading the comments here, are you all supposing that the MiB is Smokey? I thought Smokey was around earlier. Who else would have been responsible for killing all of the MiB's people and torching their huts?
Their Mother - "I can't do it anymore, one of you two has to take over" - was the killer and the torcher, and was probably Smokey then.
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm struggling along here. I really didn't like this episode, it didn't engage me at all. From reading the comments here, are you all supposing that the MiB is Smokey? I thought Smokey was around earlier. Who else would have been responsible for killing all of the MiB's people and torching their huts?
I am curious about this too. I think when the mother visits MIB we hear the smoke monster sound . I will have to rewatch but I am pretty sure we hear the smoke monster noise and MIB turns around and his mother is standing there. I believe Mom has smoke monster abilities too.

I also think the mother was the smoke monster because the MIB killed her with what looked like Dogen's knife. MIB also killed his mother from behind without letting her talk- Something Sayid failed to do. The mother possibly had gone into the tunnel of light and became the smoke monster. She did warn the brothers several times to no go in there. Sounded like she went in and regrets it big time. Jacob threw his brother into the tunnel and created a new smoke monster. Would also explain MIB hatred of Jacob and stating the question " do you know how badly I want to kill you?" then again who the f knows------------

I am pretty sure that MiB and smokey are one in the same. At least I think that is what I got out of that ep. I as well was not impressed with it.
You don't like any episodes though. I honestly have no idea why you still watch, aside from providing yourself with more reasons to state that you didn't like the last episode.
the mother was "a" smoke monster. unclear if there can be more than one at a time or if the one has to die before another can emerge.
You don't like any episodes though. I honestly have no idea why you still watch, aside from providing yourself with more reasons to state that you didn't like the last episode.
I'll use numbers, it's easier and I won't ramble.1. I am not the only one in this thread or any other Lost thread where people are not happy with how this season is going.2. Up until this season I spent 5 years LOVING this show. Except for The West Wing, this is by far one of my most favorite shows of all time.3. This season has not lived up to my personal expectations, and well many many others. Are we to not voice our opinions? I have talked theory, I have asked questions, I have taken part in discussions, it is not like I just come in and say, "Hated it" and moved on. But sadly, so far I can not think of one episode this season where I even remotely experienced the same emotion I did in other seasons. The last half of season 5 was some of the most awesome episodes of this series and to be followed up by this has soured me.4. I will not give up on a great show just because I think most of the final eps are "meh". I still have faith that the 2.5 hour finale will be worth it.Edit:5. I will say that I love the alt timeline scenes. That is why eps like this one and the Richard one didn't do much for me. I think both of those eps could have been told in 20 minutes and not a full ep. But that is not the writers fault. That sounds like it was the networks fault for kind of forcing this show to go on longer than the creators wanted it to. So fuck ABC!!!
its like some of you dont even pay attention.
I've been busy driving my shifter car.
I am pretty sure that MiB and smokey are one in the same. At least I think that is what I got out of that ep. I as well was not impressed with it.
Their Mother - "I can't do it anymore, one of you two has to take over" - was the killer and the torcher, and was probably Smokey then.
Thanks, I was having trouble articulating that. Yes, I have the hazy idea that Smokey was Claudia--that there will never be a proper origin story of Smokey.These types of background stories always feel flat to me. I'm much more interested in what ordinary people do in extraordinary circumstances, than the question of what leads to the extraordinary circumstance.Also, the island's source of power looks like a vagina.
Also, the island's source of power looks like a vagina.
You mean in the sense that when a man enters it, it consumes him and turns him into bitter old man and it won't allow him to leave? If that's what you meant, then yes I agree.
I've been busy driving my shifter car.
Have you ever heard of a luxury car? Ever heard of Cadillac? Cadillac Eldorado?
You mean in the sense that when a man enters it, it consumes him and turns him into bitter old man and it won't allow him to leave? If that's what you meant, then yes I agree.
Nice.
It's not a Georgia O'Keefe, but I'd recognize the Big Downtown anywhere.Lost+7.bmp.jpg

ABC screened the next weeks episode yesterday for some folks. There are recaps of the whole thing floating around if you like spoilers. A lot of the ambiguity from this last week gets clarified and seems like it will be a solid lead in to the finale.

sourceLost creators got a letter from Star Wars creator George Lucas.
Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Don't tell anyone ... but when 'Star Wars' first came out, I didn't know where it was going either. The trick is to pretend you've planned the whole thing out in advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories -- let's call them homages -- and you've got a series.In six seasons, you've managed to span both time and space, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that I never saw what was around the corner. Now that it's all coming to an end, it's impressive to see how much was planned out in advance and how neatly you've wrapped up everything. You've created something really special. I'm sad that the series is ending, but I look forward to seeing what you two are going to do next.

Before I say anything, Michael Emerson proved he should be in movies, another TV show, somewhere great. He has become one of the best actors I have ever seen.Now, this is getting insanely interesting. Locke can't kill Jack now right? He's going after everyone else.. the flash-sideways is starting to really come together and Desmond knows everything. I'm talking too much.CANT WAIT FOR SUNDAY!

There a bunch of female actresses that resemble each other. Rousseau, Alex, um, Allison Janney, and Sheila Kelley. (West Wing!) Are they supposed to be the mother archetype, appearance passed through time?Do any male characters look like one another?Did Richard die, or was his baptism enough to protect him?

i love this show..I am not as perceptive as some of you, and need things explained sometime..But cant wait till SundayThe scene where Jacob sits down and is explaining things to the candidates was awesome.

funny how widmore does all this scheming to eventually take control of the island, only to end up getting shot after hiding in a closet.
Hitler Arch-type?