I post on another site and there is a hilarious angry topic this guy made about Lost. No matter what 20 people tell him he says we are all idiots because it is CLEAR that they all died in the initial plane crash and that the whole 6 seasons was nothing but a dream. He is currently saying that the crash shots shown during the credits support his statement. He says those are shots to show that the plane crashed and there were no survivors. I am currently trying to get him shots of that scene to show him that the shelters they built are in some of those shots and that dead people don't build shelters out of plane wreckage after they already died.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ( JJJ?) Remember that site some fan had made explaining everything about season 4? It had the detailed descriptions etc with full metaphysical explanations of everything, with the Linus Whitmore struggle for control of the island being the entire purpose of the entire show?Can anyone find that link? I would like to see what that guy has to say.

he was talking about jack closing his eye at the end, which is nothing more than a matter of poetic symmetry. has nothing to do with the plot.
I'd say Jack dying has to do with the plot.
Lolwut. I'd sayAnyways, if you didn't have a very imaginative mind coming into Lost and expected it to be a linear, non-deriving from the plot type of show, then you were wrong. I was very pleased with the ending and my mind was very open to the finale. I can see the first two hours being very understandable from the normal persons type of view. But you have to have the imagination there to bring together the ending.
I don't know what you're talking about.I also haven't seen one minute of Lost.And yet, here I am, reading this thread.
I think at some level, when the letter J is typed, your sense tingle, when they are typed three times in rapid succession you are alerted like a coyote to a wounded rabbit.Or I could try to make some Beetle Juice reference..but I have a funny story about the wounded rabbit sound that I try to segue into whenever I can do it properly.This is not one of those times
Lolwut. I'd say
you implied there was some sort of significance to lindelof knowing what the final image would be from the beginning. there isn't. jack could be closing his eye for any reason. he doesn't even necessarily have to be dying. it's entirely generic.
Anyways, if you didn't have a very imaginative mind coming into Lost and expected it to be a linear, non-deriving from the plot type of show
non-deriving from the plot type of show? you mean the plot really never mattered? they emphasized plot mysteries involving the island as the primary reason to watch the show for 5+ seasons.
who exactly "made" the purgatory?
I don't think that is a question in need of an answer.
why are there arbitrary rules there?
It was explained that some of the arbitrary rules were made by Jacob, because that's how he wanted it. but why are the arbitrary rules of physics here? again, this doesn't really need to be explained.
why does eloise not want desmond to help people move on?
Because she doesn't want her son to leave.
why does it resemble their lives but with arbitrary irrelevant differences?
Because those differences relate to the issues in their lives.
why is the island sunk in purgatory?
because the island has no function here.
why is keamy murdering people in purgatory?
because he is a killer.
why are there on-island plot points bleeding into it?
bits of reality always seep into your dreams. purgatory was essentially a collective dream.
why is on-island desmond aware of it if it's after he's dead?
he's special!
why does he think unplugging the island's bung hole will help him move on there?
the light was the source of the magic that both made them immortal and kept them there. when the magic was unplugged, he became both vulnerable and free.

Man the internets are blowing up with such anger. Kind of funny. Like I said, I had big issues with this season. I can only think of I think 4 episodes I enjoyed. If I look back through 1-5 I can think of only 2 total eps I didn't enjoy so % wise, I guess I really didn't like this season in comparison to the last 5. That being said I was totally pleased with what I received from the show last night. I can only think of one question that I wanted answered and I only came up with the question after seeing last nights finale. That is why Faraday's mom didn't want Desmond to get them all together.The big fight I see in blogs, in articles, in message boards, and on facebook is that people think that they all died the day the plane crashed but that doesn't fit Jack and his fathers discussion at the end. Their souls made the purgatory. So when they all eventually died they would all be back together. They spent the most important part of the lives together and according to Jacob, before the crash they all had nothing. Now they had each other so...I was really worried because all the eps leading to the last two had me frustrated and a little mad, but again, it was totally worth it. I knew they wouldn't answer everything. They couldn't. Most of it is too esoteric to answer I assume.

BG, I think the lost page on wiki is pretty comprehensive.Also, I'm sure there will be some more answered questions and footage when the DVD extra's come out. Obviously those assholes will continue to cash in.

lol thanks for playing along with me.

I don't think that is a question in need of an answer.
it does because it was implied that the losties made, or at least designed whatever the purgatory place is for themselves. it isn't just a place that "existed" on its own as is. in fact in a previous episode it was implied that eloise may have had some sort of hand in the designing, but that was never explained.
It was explained that some of the arbitrary rules were made by Jacob, because that's how he wanted it. but why are the arbitrary rules of physics here? again, this doesn't really need to be explained.
this had nothing to do with jacob's island rules, and they obviously weren't intrinsic rules since desmond violated them and it worked out.
Because she doesn't want her son to leave.
why doesn't she leave with him?
Because those differences relate to the issues in their lives.
you could get away with saying some of them did. many ended up being totally irrelevant.
because the island has no function here.
then why does it exist at all? why is the statue foot, and dharma compound and a dharma shark there?
because he is a killer.
lol. rephrase- how can you kill someone in purgatory and what happens if you "die" there?
bits of reality always seep into your dreams. purgatory was essentially a collective dream.
I WISH it was just a dream :club:
he's special!
as in retarded?
the light was the source of the magic that both made them immortal and kept them there.
so jack's sacred task was to be a magic drain plumber?
lol thanks for playing along with me.
:ts
it does because it was implied that the losties made, or at least designed whatever the purgatory place is for themselves. it isn't just a place that "existed" on its own as is. in fact in a previous episode it was implied that eloise may have had some sort of hand in the designing, but that was never explained.
Yeah that's why I used the dream analogy. I took it to be a collectively dreamed up environment, in that it arose from their subconscious.
why doesn't she leave with him?
clearly she hasn't let go yet!
then why does it exist at all? why is the statue foot, and dharma compound and a dharma shark there?
Mostly to show us that we were in an alternate timeline I suppose.
lol. rephrase- how can you kill someone in purgatory and what happens if you "die" there?
I'm not sure that all those people there were really people. Some of them were NPCs. Like, Jack's son for example, never really existed in the real world. He was just a figment of Jack's imagination.
I WISH it was just a dream :club:
Well it was in the sense that none of that stuff really happened in the real world.
so jack's sacred task was to be a magic drain plumber?
His task was to kill the man in black! The only way to do that was to flip the magic switch off for a bit.
you could get away with saying some of them did. many ended up being totally irrelevant.
And the irrelevant stuff was put there to basically be a sort of annoying misdirect.

I don't think she can leave with him (Farraday) because she was not part of them. Probably wrong but I don't remember seeing Richard or Whitmore in the room at the end.

I liked it, in particular, I liked the characters remembering their island timelines, in weird flashbacks (flashjacks?). Yeah, it felt repetitive after the first two, but I liked how meta it felt. The audience has been learning more about the characters via these asides and time shifts--now the characters get to experience what the audience has been seeing.

okay I had mixed feeling about the ending but defintely enjoyed the ride. In the future, I will be a little hesitant to invest in a show that drags you along. Some of the answers were fantastic but over six years of long waits and two full seasons to plan the ending, skipping some answers seems wrong? I mean what in the hell is MIB name and where the hell is Christian's body? I mean throw us a bone here. They protected it like it would give too much away to tell smokey's name and then end the show with no mention. Christian body has been missing since the crash. The last scene at the church the casket was empty as well? ugh--- It is not like after the senfield finale I was like where are the answers. Why does Jerry like cereal so much? why? why? why? But when the show is every answer leads to more questions I do not think it is great story telling to potentially leave the ending open to interpretation I really hate the cop out of some answers not being revealed as a story telling device. ugh--- I am pretty sure shakesphere was a good story teller and most, if not all was pretty much straight to the point

okay I had mixed feeling about the ending but defintely enjoyed the ride. In the future, I will be a little hesitant to invest in a show that drags you along. Some of the answers were fantastic but over six years of long waits and two full seasons to plan the ending, skipping some answers seems wrong? I mean what in the hell is MIB name and where the hell is Christian's body? I mean throw us a bone here. They protected it like it would give too much away to tell smokey's name and then end the show with no mention. Christian body has been missing since the crash. The last scene at the church the casket was empty as well? ugh--- But when the show is every answer leads to more questions I do not think it is great story telling to potentially leave the ending open to interpretation
Where have you been? They have said explicitly many times that they WILL NOT answer all questions. Do you really need to know a name whereas what we already call him is good enough?Christian's body? He became alive in the alt-timeline which is an entire other story, therefore, he can't be in the casket.Also, this was Lost's intention, to leave it up to you to what you make of it, something that producers have never done before.____________As well as this, the scene with Jack's eye is very important. I know you guys might not think back to it, but after watching it.. that is the place where he awoke in the Pilot. The scene with his eye opening in the very first episode of the show.. sort of ironic, but well fitting when you put the pieces together; which is what this show made us do so many times.I love a mystery. I love when my eyes are widened and my appeal is broadened even more. This opened my mind more than it should have. For that, a job well done.

I really liked it.We knew a long time ago that there were many questions that weren't getting answered.If I watched the show again, knowing the ending, I think I'd feel slightly bugged when I came across a question or a dramatic part hinging on something that never got resolved.Having said that, I don't think it could end in any other way. Lost is about the mystery, and revealing the mystery would be like revealing a magic trick. The trick doesn't have the same effect if the magician tells you how he did it at the very last second. They revealed enough for us / the entire internet to piece the rest together, or to simply leave it as is.I think I like the heaven thing better then the alt timeline being some sort of cop-out, which is what it previously seemed like. Everything happened, everyone actually died, things really mattered, it really would have been bad if MIB got loose, etcHaving it end that way maintains certain themes of the show. How can people really have fates and destinies if it all turns into a do over in the end?Anyway, I'll think it over some more. I'm curious as to what major questions remain unanswered. Off to Lostpedia!

I think I like the heaven thing better then the alt timeline being some sort of cop-out, which is what it previously seemed like. Everything happened, everyone actually died, things really mattered, it really would have been bad if MIB got loose, etc
I think my problem with the alt-timeline is that it existed in the first place. I can't imagine one explanation that would have satisfied me. It had no point and added nothing to the plot or the characters.

couple of stupid questions from a guy who doesnt take lost all that seriously and cant recalled specific episodes or seasons very well.-why did they need to flashback to the 70s or move the island if they were all just gonna end up in 'purgatory' anyways? -what did widmore tell locke before he died?

:I'm not sure that all those people there were really people. Some of them were NPCs. Like, Jack's son for example, never really existed in the real world. He was just a figment of Jack's imagination.
so in the afterlife your conscious enters a giant video game?