Official Washington Capitals Thread

The so-called Ovechkin "bashing" consisted of one person giving their opinion that he was a douche, then posting 100 words explaining why. That is not bashing or trolling, it is discussing.The Pens example is terrible. It is a Caps thread. We have a Pens thread and an anti-Pens thread. Pens posts can go there.Calling you a faggot was out of line, but only because homosexual slurs are wrong. He should have said you were being whiny. Which you were, and continue to be. I hope you don't leave, since you contribute to this forum in a meaningful way. Having said that, you seem to have something up your ass about this Caps thread, almost as if you were trying to develop a situation just like this.I kind of hope this is all a big joke. If so, I will send you a dollar.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know biatch in real life but I am quite sure he was just acting offended for the sake of being a bag. it's one of his go-to jokes.you owe him a dollar.
If he confirms (and I believe it) than I will happily send him a dollar. And a DQ coupon, which I think I owe too.
  • 1 month later...
capt.8479495890d34bd093049e5357f164f5.canadiens_capitals_hockey_vzn107.jpgWhat do you guys think of Ovechkin getting the C? Obviously he's their best player but is that enough to earn it? Does anyone have any insight as to how much of a leader he is to the team on and off the ice?
What do you guys think of Ovechkin getting the C? Obviously he's their best player but is that enough to earn it? Does anyone have any insight as to how much of a leader he is to the team on and off the ice?
I have no idea what goes on in the room, but he even looks like their leader on the ice/bench, getting the guys going. I think this is definetly the right move. He deserves it based on how I see him act with his team, and also, his work ethic on and off the ice.
I have no issue with him wearing the C and can understand it but if they announced it was anyone else I also would not have been surprised.
I'd have been stunned if they had given the C to anyone other than him. Absolutely gobsmacked.
I'd have been stunned if they had given the C to anyone other than him. Absolutely gobsmacked.
I look at all the antics and the issues the coaches seem to have with him and think that it might not be time for him to be wearing the C. I can't think of anytime in the recent past where the coach pretty much calls out a captain for being an "issue." But I don't follow the team so I don't know what happens in the lockerroom or what his players say about him. Last I heard Brooks was looking like one who could be wearing the C since his teammates all looked to him for leadership.

I don't think it's a bad idea and I wouldn't say I was surprised but I also wouldn't have been completely shocked if anyone else on that team got it.I'm not gonna sit here and try to pretend to know how much of a leader he really is but I have seen him do plenty of uncaptain like things...

(kinda close to being really serious)
(this is just 1 of a few examples of this)Tramp Stamp (somewhat a joke, but really kinda gay)Certainly someone can make a Crosby list somewhat similar to this but I don't think it needs to go to that.
I love the drama going on in here (even if it's fake) and I figured I'd throw a little more fuel on the fire.Here's a thread from CBSsports.com where a Pens fan gathers quite a bit of evidence to point out that AO is dirty.http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/18665869
I forgot to reply to this to say that the starter of that thread is a good buddy/former room mate of mine. I started to read the thread and thought "Wait, I know that picture!" The other guy in the picture is my neighbor.Random and funny...at least to me. The interweb...it's a small world.
  • 4 weeks later...

Lets get some love for these Capitals..They are annihilating the competition, scoring a ton of goals and they look unstoppable.10 in a row is impressing, while there have been some weak opponents in there, whenever you can win 10 in a row in the NHL its a big accomplishment.actually they have won 13 of 14...And 12 of those wins have been in regulation...Pretty impressive stuff..They are currently 23 pts ahead of second place in their division....The Southeast division is probably the weakest after the Caps, but they are just dominating.They have a GFA of 3.77 which is a full half a goal better than second place San Jose. While the knock on the Caps has been defence they are close to the top 10 in GAA as well.Even though Ovechkin missed 8 games, he is in a position to win the Art Ross, Rocket Richard and will challenge for MVP.The biggest question still remains is Theodore a Stanley Cup winning goalie?? or will Neuwirth carry the team deep??

The plan is to be in DC Sunday to see Pens @ Caps. (weather permitting)I'm not sure if I'd rather see them keep the streak going (it'd be @ 13 games after BOS, NYR, and ATL) to give the Pens a chance at ending it or to see them lose like 2 of 3 and have the Pens catch them in a tough patch.