Official Washington Capitals Thread

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good Friday/Saturday back to back against one of the better teams in the NHL. Without Ovechkin, in two games we scored 11 goals, we are the best. 3 day break until Wed against one of the hottest teams in the NHL, in the New York Islanders.

Alexander Ovechkin will be lost for another four-to-five weeks, according to Yahoo!Ovechkin injured his shoulder last week and details of the injury have been murky. "I think that it shouldn't be rushed. November has just begun. I need to heal up 100 percent and then play," Ovechkin said to Yahoo! The Capitals still haven't announced a time line for the superstar's return, but we'll take Ovechkin at his word for now.http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,200908

Why?
"proof" was the wrong word. And I don't think the NHL needs to do anything to help gamblers, etc. However seems unfair to me that reports on Ovechkin went from 'day to day' to '1-2 weeks' to 'week to week' until now, 4-5 weeks. I know people need time to get diagnosis, etc, but they were obviously hiding things.As far as 'proof' it is bad for the game, that is mostly based on my opinion. However we don't need to look further than coesillian's post to see why it does have an effect.

From dobber, "Washington is 7-1-2 in their last ten and much of that has been without the services of two-time reigning Hart trophy winner Ovechkin. The Pens have been without Malkin for six games and are 2-4, losing their last three straight."This just shows how Washington is a true team, and Pittsburgh is nothing without their star player.

From dobber, "Washington is 7-1-2 in their last ten and much of that has been without the services of two-time reigning Hart trophy winner Ovechkin. The Pens have been without Malkin for six games and are 2-4, losing their last three straight."This just shows how Washington is a true team, and Pittsburgh is nothing without their star player.
Pens are 0-24 on the pp without Malkin