Official Washington Capitals Thread

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are going to bash Ovechkin, please take it to another thread. This thread is for the Washington Capitals Fans. This team will prosper through horrible judgement by the NHL. One of the worst calls ever.

Update on Ovechkin from the Washington Times,"Alex Ovechkin skated for about five minutes here wearing a red track suit this morning. The two-time MVP took some strides, handled the puck a couple of times, then left the ice prior to the team practice, I'm told."Ovechkin proves how much of a superstar he is, after taking that dirty hit, he is able to wear a red track suit, to help the fans. He is the greatest player ever.

Update on Ovechkin from the Washington Times,"Alex Ovechkin skated for about five minutes here wearing a red track suit this morning. The two-time MVP took some strides, handled the puck a couple of times, then left the ice prior to the team practice, I'm told."Ovechkin proves how much of a superstar he is, after taking that dirty hit, he is able to wear a red track suit, to help the fans. He is the greatest player ever.
44_ovechkin-markov.jpg

His comments after this hit make me think he's an even bigger douche than I already thought."Nobody is not going to make me change my game."That's just a dumb thing to say.And his coach saying how it's hard to tell a guy like him to change his game?There's clearly some issues with their team, and IMO, that's why they'll have problems winning a Stanley Cup, if nothing changes. His and his coach's comments make me think it's all about him, and not the team. He's saying he won't even listen to his coach's advice?If I'm a Caps or an AO fan, I don't really like what I'm seeing here. I, personally, don't care, I'd like to see them never even sniff a Cup, but as a fan of him or the team, I'd be pretty annoyed by the comments these guys have made, and just their general attitudes towards the game, the team, and the league. Not to mention the obvious lack of respect Ovechkin has for his peers.

When you play the game at Ovechkin's speed, there is a fine line between the proper amount of intensity, and a dangerous amount of intensity. I don't think he is out there to try to hurt anyone. How can we ask one of the most exciting players to ever play in the NHL to change the way he plays?It is easy to critique all of his questionable plays in slow-motion replays, but much harder for him to avoid such situations with split-second decisions at break-neck speeds.

I don't care how fast he is. He's been doing this for his whole career. This isn't an isolated incident where he caught his knee. I'd be fine with that. He's done this a lot, and for crying out loud, he has been kicked out of 2 of his last 3 games! A pattern is emerging.Now, I agree, his overall game shouldn't change. I love his physicality, but he NEEDS to tone it down in marginal spots. If the guy is getting out of the way, you don't need to change your angle to hit him with the knee, whether it's a conscious decision or not. He needs to change that part of his game. If not for the safety of his peers, but for his own personal safety. He's going to get injured far worse than this if he keeps doing it. And he's also going to be suspended a lot more, and increasingly longer sentences each time he does it. Maybe that'll get the message across.

When you play the game at Ovechkin's speed, there is a fine line between the proper amount of intensity, and a dangerous amount of intensity. I don't think he is out there to try to hurt anyone. How can we ask one of the most exciting players to ever play in the NHL to change the way he plays?It is easy to critique all of his questionable plays in slow-motion replays, but much harder for him to avoid such situations with split-second decisions at break-neck speeds.
IMO, he plays at a high speed yes but he knows exactly what he's doing out there with these things. It's something that can and does happen by accident but it doesn't happen this often to the same person.

If you guys are just going to berate the guy and call him a douchebag, seriously take it to another thread. We don't go to the Pittsburgh thread and rip up Crosby. How is this fair? You guys get mad when we talked about Crosby in this thread, but it's ok for you guys to talk shit about Ovechkin?

If you guys are just going to berate the guy and call him a douchebag, seriously take it to another thread. We don't go to the Pittsburgh thread and rip up Crosby. How is this fair? You guys get mad when we talked about Crosby in this thread, but it's ok for you guys to talk shit about Ovechkin?
This is not happening. I'm no mod (though I am sleeping with one) but the commentary here has been very fair and even-handed. No one is sergeing it up. I hope any team thread is for discussing the team, not just for "oh em gee, they are sooo goood"

How? They are both biased towards hating Ovechkin. If I was to write anything negative about Crosby, it would be deleted. We talked in this thread about Crosby negative once, and told to stop. Here, they are writing numerous paragraphs about how Ovechkin is a douchebag, and that is ok?

From dobber, "Washington is 7-1-2 in their last ten and much of that has been without the services of two-time reigning Hart trophy winner Ovechkin. The Pens have been without Malkin for six games and are 2-4, losing their last three straight."
Pens are 0-24 on the pp without Malkin
This is the Capitals thread. Keep it on topic.
How is that fair?They post pictures of Ovechkin drunk, and that is fair? They call him a douchebag and that is fair? I don't see how this is even-sided at all. I see it as Ovechkin bashing. I don't go into the Pittsburgh thread nit-picking everything Crosby does wrong. If we are not allowed to talk about Crosby and Malkin, I think the same respect should be given this way.

So, I will be pulling a "serge" but for real this time. Apparently you are:1) Allowed to post pictures making fun of Capital players in a Washington Capitals Thread2) Allowed to make fun of players, by calling them douche-bags, in a Washington Capitals Thread.3) Not allowed to say a single bad thing about the Penguins, even if it is a fact in this Washington Capitals Thread. 4) If you say that it isn't fair, it is ok for the MOD of the website to call you a FAGGOT. Even though you never insulted the MOD, it's ok to be called derogatory names for just pointing out the obvious. So basically Pens fans are free to do what they wish, while others who speak out will just be called FAGGOT and ignored. As a result, I will no longer be posting anymore in this hockey forum. Good luck to everybody, I still think everybody here is awesome, I just don't see the need to post here anymore.