Official Washington Capitals Thread

I remember those lines..Before the internet and ticketmaster, the only way to get tickets was to line up at the Gardens..Many many times i went there 6am to get tickets..Ended up with greys but i was so happy.I remember the year we lost to the Royals i had World Series tickets..
I've heard there are companies who just hire people to buy tickets from ticketmaster to different sporting events... play middleman on a huge scale. maybe the long lines were friendlier to fans.
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Example #248 of why I love hockey players:Laich- after game 7
That is awesome. Except...Brooks says she'll do something nice for someone else, and no other thanks is needed. At the end of the story it says another person pulled over with a flat tire. Mary Ann goes over and tells them what happened. Then she is at home. So...she went over and told another person how an awesome thing happened to her, then leaves this poor shmuck stranded by the highway, with no one to wait, fully knowing there is a long wait with AAA.What a bitch! :club:
great story
Yes very nice story indeed.I remember my van breaking down on the way home from The Palace of Auburn Hills (Dec 26/08). Timing belt went and I was heading back to the Hyatt Place (Utica). With the family and guess what no one stopped for us.All I can say is Thank God for AAA (or CAA membership). They came in 15 mins.
Yes very nice story indeed.I remember my van breaking down on the way home from The Palace of Auburn Hills (Dec 26/08). Timing belt went and I was heading back to the Hyatt Place (Utica). With the family and guess what no one stopped for us.All I can say is Thank God for AAA (or CAA membership). They came in 15 mins.
Trust me, you probably better off if no one stopped.

does anyone still use AAA or CAA??All the new cars come with roadside assistance...My car has a button i can push , and in a few seconds a nice lady from Alabama(or some other southern accented state) comes on the phone and tells me what I need..She knows exactly where I am , and can get emergency help to me in a few minutes.

Not everyone drives brand new cars...
Ya true..I am just very anti CAA...Everytime i used in the past its been a bad experience...They dont even have their own people...They branch out their business to people like Bobby Joes Towing, and stick a CAA sticker on their truck.

I'm curious to see what the Caps are gonna do regarding the cap situation. Offhand, I know they have Backstrom, Fleischman and Fehr to sign.