09 Season Fcp Yahoo Keeper League

When is deadline for declaring keepers?
It was going to be next week but I changed it to March 4th because I dont think there is any need to hurry and I dont think everyone would get them in by next week.
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Upton doesn't count as a rookie. He had 152 plate appearances coming into the season where the limit is 130.
I thought it was 150 AB's I'll get it changed.btw, your message on page 2 of this thread says AB's and not plate appearances...you might want to look into that :club:
I thought it was 150 AB's I'll get it changed.btw, your message on page 2 of this thread says AB's and not plate appearances...you might want to look into that :club:
Your right it is abs, but still he has over 130.

Roster:C Geovany Soto (Rookie)1B/3B Jorge Cantu1B Carlos Pena2B Chase UtleySS/2B Ryan Theriot3B Chipper Jones3B Mark ReynoldsLF Matt HollidayCF Mike CameronRF/CF/LF Jacoby Ellsbury (Rookie)RF/CF/LF Nate McLouthRF/CF/LF Marlon ByrdRF/CF/LF David MurphySP Cole HamelsSP Dan HarenSP Ben SheetsSP Daisuke MatsuzakaSP Justin DuchschererSP James ShieldsSP Josh JohnsonRP José ValverdeRP Salomón TorresRP Dan WheelerRP Brad ZieglerKeepers: C Geovany Soto (Rookie)RF/CF/LF Jacoby Ellsbury (Rookie)2B Chase UtleyLF Matt HollidayRF/CF/LF Nate McLouth1B Carlos Pena3B Chipper Jones3B Mark ReynoldsSS/2B Ryan TheriotSP James ShieldsSP Cole HamelsSP Dan HarenRP José ValverdeSP Daisuke MatsuzakaSP Ben Sheets (Pending Injury status) May trade him or drop him in place of a different keeper.Various players are available via trade prior to the keeper deadline. Soto, Ellsbury, Utley and McLouth are pretty much untouchable.Due to Ben Sheets status this year his stock is pretty far down and I'm willing to put him in a package deal with a player like Jones, Cameron, Duchscherer or someone along those lines maybe even 3 players for 1 to help one of the bottom teams to improve one of my keeper spots dramatically.

Ziegler and Murphy also qualify as rookies if anyone needs one as part of a keeper list or just want them. Ziegler is a reliever for Oakland and had 11 svs last year 1.16 WHIP 1.06 ERA only 30K's in 59.2 INN. http://www.montereyherald.com/ci_11738339?source=rssLooks like he is penciled in again as the closer and named to USA WBC team.Murpy is nothing great, but he hits in a potent Ranger line up. 15HR in just over 400 AB's is alright with 64 R and 74RBI also 7SB. .275 BA is salvagable, with more play time he could be a break out player in the years to come. I would definitely consider either of these players as keepers, but I got lucky with a few other players and I am pretty stacked so there just isn't room. I also trade for picks if that is more your style.

DinkDonk will be taking over SilverSevens team. For voting on this I just took peoples ranked lists and made their first choice worth 5, second choice worth 4, third choice worth 3 etc. After doing this the voting went like this. 6 people voted.
Hey guys just checking in here...been off FCP for a bit...This is fine with me...sorry I didn't keep up...You guys are all amazing fantasy baseball GMs and this was a top class league...I just couldn't compete with you guys with the team I had...best of luck DinkDonk into turning it around...Cheers

I couldn't find an invite in either of my e-mails. I guess try again. My e-mail is frogbaby@hotmail.com

I am guessing that until the league is filled up and everyone has submitted keeper lists thent he rosters won't be available to alter. This is due to the draft format on most sights, the draft has to occur either manually by the commisioner or through a live draft option.Once we all have our lists in ect then Moneyball should be able to just input our teams and then unlock free agents for us to commence the draft, but we still have a bit of time until we get to that point.

I couldn't find an invite in either of my e-mails. I guess try again. My e-mail is frogbaby@hotmail.com
Resent.
i m slow...where are my players?
http://fcpkeeperleague.20.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=29 Theres your end of the season roster. As soon as you submit your keepers Ill put them on your team.
have we sent out anything as far as possible days and times for a draft?
No not yet. Please everyone give suggestions for what days work best for them if we do a live draft.We could do it like last years too though and just start drafting as soon as the keepers are put in and just do a round a day or whatever and give everybody x amount of hours to make a selection and if time runs out do a live draft for the rest of the draft a couple days before the season. I like this idea best cause if gives time to make trades for draft picks and gives more time to make draft decisions.

I'm in Vegas till the 10th so I won't be able to do a live draft till after then, but thats still quite a bit before the season starts. If its online draft, I'll have a chance to check websites during my breaks of playing.If anyone is around Vegas and wants to hook up or hang out lemme know. (907) 617-9603. (Aaron Burns aka 3A or The Juggernaut) I will be in Vegas from Feb 28-March 10. Any day in between is fine the rest are travel days. I also plan to golf for the 1st time ever while I'm down there if anyone has inexpensive suggestions.

No not yet. Please everyone give suggestions for what days work best for them if we do a live draft.We could do it like last years too though and just start drafting as soon as the keepers are put in and just do a round a day or whatever and give everybody x amount of hours to make a selection and if time runs out do a live draft for the rest of the draft a couple days before the season. I like this idea best cause if gives time to make trades for draft picks and gives more time to make draft decisions.
I like this idea too also because we are all in different time zones and drafting freely makes things a lot more easy.
I prefer what we did last year. Some of us have to work, some others have school, and it would just be easier to do it that way again.