09 Season Fcp Yahoo Keeper League

If innings as a stat is gone then there will be no way for it to track whether a manager has hit their minimum inning cap for the week.
This isnt a problem. Ive been in a ton of leagues with a minimum amount of innings and this is the only league ive ever been in that innings were a stat.
I may be totally off base here but I thought there was something about the amount of starts that you are able to use for a player? If that is the case wouldn't we be able to maybe set the starting pitchers starts to a certain number and once you reach that number you are done getting stats.
This could be an idea, but I don't think most people want it. Most people seem to think that if innings is gone as a stat the amount of streaming wont be a problem and there hasnt been much support for a limited amount of transactions to stop this stuff either. If more people want this change to happen please comment.
If you were to trade now wouldn't you have to have all of your keepers locked in? Because you could trade two guys for one guy and then technically you would be adding another keeper.
This obviously cant be done. The number of keepers in the league will not change.
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tallying up new surveys I can confirm some more changes. Innings as a stat is gone.The commissioner will deal with all trades and they will go through immediately.And we will have a minimum amount of innings per week. Please suggest how much you guys want this amount to be. I have suggestions for anywhere between 20 to 35 so far.

I like 20 also. I will prolly have 40-60 a week, but 20 actually gives room for some strategy. :club:
I may be totally off base here but I thought there was something about the amount of starts that you are able to use for a player? If that is the case wouldn't we be able to maybe set the starting pitchers starts to a certain number and once you reach that number you are done getting stats.
At least 24 innings. On average that's minimum of 4 starts per week. From past experience, that's just right. I won't go against what the majority thinks though.
At least 24 innings. On average that's minimum of 4 starts per week. From past experience, that's just right. I won't go against what the majority thinks though.
I agree but what if you have two starters getting rocked and going only one inning then you could be kinda screwed. I think 20 is a good number just cause it gives you a little room to play with.
I agree but what if you have two starters getting rocked and going only one inning then you could be kinda screwed. I think 20 is a good number just cause it gives you a little room to play with.
At that point you'd probably lose WHIP and ERA anyways though.

Our league will be on ESPN and is called FCP Keeper League. Try to join up. I'm not sure if I have to email you guys your invite or not though. If you cant get in then pm me your email address and II send you an invite. The vote was tied 2-2 whether to move to ESPN or stay on Yahoo, but tb17 didn't vote and I knew he wanted ESPN so I used that as a tiebreaker.Survey results are in. Only 7 people total voted and a lot of people didn't care about certain issues so that is the reason for the low number of votes for a lot of issues. In parentheses is the vote total.We will remain with 12 teams.(4-2)We will remain H2H.(5-2)Waiver time will remain at 2 days.(4-3)Commissioner will deal with overturning trades and they will be effective immediately.(6-1)There will not be a transaction max.(4-2)We voted for a minimum amount of innings.(6-1) After setting up on ESPN I'm not sure this is a setting there, but I don't think its a big deal anyways as this has never been an issue in the past. This is the only setting that ESPN doesn't seem to have though if they in fact don't have it.We voted for more DL spots.(4-1) So now there will be 3 spots.The voting was tied for whether or not to increase the roster size.(3-3) As compromise since some people wanted to increase it by more than 1 we will increase it by just one to 23 total.We will keep Hits as a stat.(3-2)We will lose 2B.(3-2)We will lose BB.(4-2)We will lose OPS.(3-2)We will lose Innings pitched.(6-1)We will lose shutouts.(6-0)We will keep AVG instead of OBP.(4-1)We will be getting rid of rookie keepers.(5-0) All 5 of those that voted wanted zero of them.the voting for number of keepers was tied.(3-3) To compromise since people that voted for less wanted anywhere between 8 and 13 and the other 3 wanted 15 our new number of keepers will be 13 starting next season.All these keepers will be able to be kept for as long as possible.(6-0)The buy-in for the league will remain at $20.(2-1) Ship to Moneyball16 on Stars asap.Rosters will not be locked and all adds/drops will be available in September.(5-0)DinkDonk will be taking over SilverSevens team. For voting on this I just took peoples ranked lists and made their first choice worth 5, second choice worth 4, third choice worth 3 etc. After doing this the voting went like this. 6 people voted.DinkDonk-23KowboyKoop-23dEV~-21Piddle Duck-13.5rocketpoker 9.5As a tiebreaker I just went with DinkDonk because he was the first one to respond to the thread.Keepers will be due next Tuesday the 24th. Remember for this year its 2 keepers that were rookie at the beginning of 08 season and 13 other keepers.

Also the team that SilverSeven left to Dinkdonk only has 1 player that was a rookie at the beginning of the 08 season(Jesse Carlson).Should we allow Dink to have 13 or 14 non-rookie keepers? I think we shouldn't penalize DinkDonk because of something SilverSeven did and just let Dink keep an extra non-rookie. What do you guys think?

Also the team that SilverSeven left to Dinkdonk only has 1 player that was a rookie at the beginning of the 08 season(Jesse Carlson).Should we allow Dink to have 13 or 14 non-rookie keepers? I think we shouldn't penalize DinkDonk because of something SilverSeven did and just let Dink keep an extra non-rookie. What do you guys think?
I think it is fine for him to have 14 non rookie keepers. One thing is I only have Full tilt Is there anyway for me to get you the money through that? Also I tried to search for the league couldn't find it. I am not sure also if we would need a password to get into it also.

I'm fine with whatever you guys decide, but if you look at my roster, a 14th keeper isn't going to help me a ton anyway.Oh and I'll ship to you on Stars from Kenny855 Moneyball.

fucking espn. you sonsabitches really fucked me on this one. now i'll have to leave my yahoo teams and make a special trip over to espn just for this league. i am so fucking pissed right now. and you can tell because my face is red and my ears are red and my tone is very harsh.

Our league will be on ESPN and is called FCP Keeper League. Try to join up. I'm not sure if I have to email you guys your invite or not though. If you cant get in then pm me your email address and II send you an invite. The vote was tied 2-2 whether to move to ESPN or stay on Yahoo, but tb17 didn't vote and I knew he wanted ESPN so I used that as a tiebreaker.Survey results are in. Only 7 people total voted and a lot of people didn't care about certain issues so that is the reason for the low number of votes for a lot of issues. In parentheses is the vote total.We will remain with 12 teams.(4-2)We will remain H2H.(5-2)Waiver time will remain at 2 days.(4-3)Commissioner will deal with overturning trades and they will be effective immediately.(6-1)There will not be a transaction max.(4-2)We voted for a minimum amount of innings.(6-1) After setting up on ESPN I'm not sure this is a setting there, but I don't think its a big deal anyways as this has never been an issue in the past. This is the only setting that ESPN doesn't seem to have though if they in fact don't have it.We voted for more DL spots.(4-1) So now there will be 3 spots.The voting was tied for whether or not to increase the roster size.(3-3) As compromise since some people wanted to increase it by more than 1 we will increase it by just one to 23 total.We will keep Hits as a stat.(3-2)We will lose 2B.(3-2)We will lose BB.(4-2)We will lose OPS.(3-2)We will lose Innings pitched.(6-1)We will lose shutouts.(6-0)We will keep AVG instead of OBP.(4-1)We will be getting rid of rookie keepers.(5-0) All 5 of those that voted wanted zero of them.the voting for number of keepers was tied.(3-3) To compromise since people that voted for less wanted anywhere between 8 and 13 and the other 3 wanted 15 our new number of keepers will be 13 starting next season.All these keepers will be able to be kept for as long as possible.(6-0)The buy-in for the league will remain at $20.(2-1) Ship to Moneyball16 on Stars asap.Rosters will not be locked and all adds/drops will be available in September.(5-0)DinkDonk will be taking over SilverSevens team. For voting on this I just took peoples ranked lists and made their first choice worth 5, second choice worth 4, third choice worth 3 etc. After doing this the voting went like this. 6 people voted.DinkDonk-23KowboyKoop-23dEV~-21Piddle Duck-13.5rocketpoker 9.5As a tiebreaker I just went with DinkDonk because he was the first one to respond to the thread.Keepers will be due next Tuesday the 24th. Remember for this year its 2 keepers that were rookie at the beginning of 08 season and 13 other keepers.
I voted to keep shutouts. You get my votes?

As I understand the current keeper rules, here is my oreliminary list of keepers:Rookies:Colby RasmusJohnny CuetoVeterans:Edinson VolquezCliff LeeKerry WoodJohn SmoltzCarl CrawfordGarrett AtkinsBilly ButlerBrian McCannCurtis GrandersonPlacido PalancoHowie KendrickJ.J. HardyElijah DukesYes, my team is awful.

I just sent email invites to everyone in the league except for reelishym and DinkDonk. I don't know your guys email addys. I got everyone else's from our old yahoo leagues managers page. Could reelishym and DinkDonk either try to join the league on ESPN titled FCP Keeper League or sent me a pm with your email addresses.

Wow my rookies sucked balls last yearRookies1. E Longoria2. M AvilesFranchise3. G SizemoreKeepers4 A Gonzalez5 A Lind6 C Headley7 N Markakis8 M Ramirez9 J Broxton10 R Oswalt11 E Bedard12 C Billingsley13 M Cain14 D Lowe15 W Rodriguez

My Keepers will be:1. Josh Hamilton2. Mark Teixeira3. Brandon Phillips4. Vernon Wells5. Adrian Beltre6. Pat Burrell7. Milton Bradley8. Carlos Guillen9. Ryan Dempster10. Joe Saunders11. Mariano Rivera12. Jeremy Bonderman13. Todd Wellemeyer14. Jon Rauch15. Jesse CarlsonIf you decide that I still only get 13 non-rookie keepers, just cut Rauch off my list.

I'll post these on the other forum as well, but here are my keepers.Regular KeepersRyan BraunKevin YoukilisIchiro SuzukiVladimir GuerreroJoe MauerDerrek LeeTroy TulowitzkiShane VictorinoAdam WainwrightJohn DanksGavin FloydJustin UptonJoakim SoriaRookie KeepersJair Jurjjens

I'll post these on the other forum as well, but here are my keepers.Regular KeepersRyan BraunKevin YoukilisIchiro SuzukiVladimir GuerreroJoe MauerDerrek LeeTroy TulowitzkiShane VictorinoAdam WainwrightJohn DanksGavin FloydBrett MyersJoakim SoriaRookie KeepersJair JurjjensJustin Upton
Justin Upton doesn't count as a rookie. He had 152 plate appearances coming into the season where the limit is 130.