09 Season Fcp Yahoo Keeper League

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still playing, we're going to do something about the pitching this year right.
What do you suggest we do about the pitching?Glad to hear we got another one coming back.

Im definetely in...$20 is ok, would prefer higher since I am degenerate..Wouldnt mind some side action as wellI will win this thing this year, mainly looking to knock out teddy :club:

I just sent pms to the people who were in the league, but haven't responded in this thread. Im hoping to get this done by the 11th.Also Reelishym(sp?) aka the Jack Bauers isn't an active member of FCP anymore. Do any of you guys have a way to get a hold of him?

What do you suggest we do about the pitching?Glad to hear we got another one coming back.
Well it would be better if the quality of your pitching mattered more than the quantity of pitchers you can pick up every week. We need to change the categories. I can't remember what they were last year, just remember that it was awful. I'll take a look in the next week with specific suggestions.
I just sent pms to the people who were in the league, but haven't responded in this thread. Im hoping to get this done by the 11th.Also Reelishym(sp?) aka the Jack Bauers isn't an active member of FCP anymore. Do any of you guys have a way to get a hold of him?
Hey, I got your PM. I'm down for this season.

I just got the PM, and I'm on the fence about this season for a few reasons. Last year, I signed up knowing that I wouldn't be able to be personally active all season since I was going to be at Officer Training School for the Air Force for three months. I gave my info to a friend and he managed my team. I think from what I heard, he had a problem with a few trades and got into some sort of fight on the message board. Hopefully I haven't alienated anyone with that. If so, and I'm not wanted for that reason, I will bow out.I also have a few issues with the league setup. To begin with, the keeper setup made things a bit unfair for expansion teams and while I knew what I was getting into, I don't think it's necessarily fair to make people pay 20 bucks knowing they won't have much of a shot in the first season. I'm not even sure I will have a chance this season under the current keeper rules, so I'm reluctant to spend 20 bucks, but I will probably go ahead anyway...that's a minor gripe really. I do think a couple of major rules need to be looked at/fixed. For one, having IP as a category is absurd IMO. If you want to force people to use pitchers, you can set a higher number of innings for pitching stats to count, than the Yahoo standard of 7. I'm in one league that uses 35 innings. Personally, I'm not a big fan of transaction limits, especially in a league this big. Like it or not, there are going to be some imbalances in talent and allowing people to drop/add allows teams with less talent a better chance to compete and to improve their teams. Finally, I don't like the Sept 1 deadline on adds. Maybe we could say no rookies after Sept 1, but with the benches being as shallow as they were in this league, September drop/adds need to be available in case of injuries if nothing else. And again, cutting off drop/adds simply gives the teams with more talent (who have most likely been in the league longer) more of an advantage.If we can fix some of this stuff, I'll probably play again. I don't think I want to put up $20 to play strictly under last year's rules though.

Im definetely in...$20 is ok, would prefer higher since I am degenerate..Wouldnt mind some side action as wellI will win this thing this year, mainly looking to knock out teddy :club:
If I get to keep my young studs I'm down for some side bets

Definitely in. Back to defend. I personally don't care one way or the other about the money. In fact I'm leaning towards no money for the expansion teams.Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL 22 Total +2 DLStat Categories: R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIPI wouldn't mind having 3DL spots and 7 BN spots, but we could make the extra 2 bench spots open after the season starts and waivers set in, so that we don't cut the draft close.Hitting - R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OPSPitching - IP, W, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIPI really hate the innings pitched category, and I won most of those points. Innings typically will result in K's and W's in the end and badd innings result in higher WHIP and ERA. I just don't think it's nessasary. I'm also not a big fan of SHO, it adds to the extra catergories, but to what end.The other consideration by me is to possibly just go to the 5x5 standard format. It does cut down on a ton of categories, but sometimes simplicity is just fine. BB is a pretty inportant stat as some people just get intentionally walked. We could use HR, RBI, R, SB and OBP. Just some thoughts, I don't mind playing with rules similiar to last year... all the extra catergories just make it a little crazy.An additional alternative if we are to keep last years scoring similiar is to eliminate H, 2B, BB and go with TB (total bases).Serge did we have a side bet on last longer in the playoffs?Also Carlos Pena is on the trading block this year for some picks. Last year I traded Pujols for Moneyballs 1st, 3rd and 5th round picks although I didn't get to use the 5th rounder as we ran out draft time when the season had started.

Also +1 for Moneyball as the commisioner. I think someone who is active daily on the internet would be a perfect choice.As reguarding the pitching, could we make the limit like 3 players a week per team to pick up? I am also not a big fan of not getting to keep late season rookies. The inpact for a player who has been int he league all season and finally gets a shot at the starting role due to an injury ect. is the same type of situation in my mind. I feel that if they get called up they should be fair game. There will be more players every year to keep the pool full and interesting.I'll try to check back every day on this thread for any inpending votes for rules, commish, ect.

You guys are bringing up a lot of the same changes I was going to bring up. After we get a headcount of who's back I was planning on pming everyone a survey asking about all sorts of changes including the ones bought up and getting a vote of which changes should be made. So please bring up any changes you guys want to see . That way I wont forget anything in the survey and you give everyone a change to think about the possible changes.Edit. Ill try to get a sample of the survey up on here tonight to let you guys see if im missing anything.

Yea I agree with Sept 1 adds...it pretty much screwed me near the end having to play Wigginton while he was injured and Winn as well.

I gave my info to a friend and he managed my team. I think from what I heard, he had a problem with a few trades and got into some sort of fight on the message board. Hopefully I haven't alienated anyone with that. If so, and I'm not wanted for that reason, I will bow out.
I was one of the main targets of your friend problems, but there are no hard feelings. Not to speak for them, but I think 3A and aadams are over it as well and I dont think it will be a problem going forward. The main thing coming out of it and something that I will put on the survey is that we need to figure out what we are trying to accomplish when we block a trade. My feeling is that as long as there is no possibility of collusion(which I cant see happening in our $20 league with people that afaik only know each other from the forums) that trades shouldn't be blocked. People have all sorts of reasons why they make trades and trading is one of the best things about fantasy sports and I think restricting that is a bad idea. Your friend seemed blinded by the fact that I was near the top of the league and just decided that I must have been taking advantage of aadams in a trade when the deal was imo very even and one that I sometimes regret doing now.As far as the changes your proposed they will be looked at and voted on and I guess you'll just make your decision then whether or not you want to remain in the league, but from the comments so far it seems like you have a good chance of enjoying the changes enough to stay.
Yea I agree with Sept 1 adds...it pretty much screwed me near the end having to play Wigginton while he was injured and Winn as well.
Yeah I agree with this too. My team was a mess at the end of the year and we should have rule changes restricting streaming so I think we should do away with the deadline too. I'm still not sure how I feel on picking up September rookie call ups though in this period.
I was one of the main targets of your friend problems, but there are no hard feelings. Not to speak for them, but I think 3A and aadams are over it as well and I dont think it will be a problem going forward. The main thing coming out of it and something that I will put on the survey is that we need to figure out what we are trying to accomplish when we block a trade. My feeling is that as long as there is no possibility of collusion(which I cant see happening in our $20 league with people that afaik only know each other from the forums) that trades shouldn't be blocked. People have all sorts of reasons why they make trades and trading is one of the best things about fantasy sports and I think restricting that is a bad idea. Your friend seemed blinded by the fact that I was near the top of the league and just decided that I must have been taking advantage of aadams in a trade when the deal was imo very even and one that I sometimes regret doing now.As far as the changes your proposed they will be looked at and voted on and I guess you'll just make your decision then whether or not you want to remain in the league, but from the comments so far it seems like you have a good chance of enjoying the changes enough to stay.
I've been involved in some controversial trades in fantasy sports, so I know that there can be multiple sides to an issue like that. I don't know all the details, so I can't judge what happened. I'm definitely leaning towards coming back, but I want to make sure a few of those issues that are being discussed in this thread right now get resolved. FWIW, I think you'll make a good commissioner.

I got your PM message today and I aint gonna lie I am really on the fence if I want to come back or not. I really want to see something done with the scoring categories. If something can be done about that and also not freezing lineups at Sept 1 I believe I would be game for being in the league. And not to take anything away from Ira being commish last year but I think we all agree we need someone being online a lot more often and I remember from last year how active you were. As far as the 20 I can only send it through full tilt.

i think there is a consensus that the IP stat was worthless and needs to be abandonded. and if i may, i would like to suggest that we dont vote on everything. that shit doesnt work. moneyball, i have appointed you the new commish and as such, i believe you need to just make the stats, decide who is in the leauge and what the rules concerning september call ups will be. nothing will ever get done if we try and vote on all this shit. just my opinion.i mean, all we need is the basic stats. a reasonable limit on transactions per week, and frankly no ban on player adds after september 1, because that is stupid. anyone who doesnt respond within ten days loses their team to one of the people who have responded here. those people can either be assigned a team by who posted first, or draw the names out of hat. simple simon, if you ask me.

i think there is a consensus that the IP stat was worthless and needs to be abandonded. and if i may, i would like to suggest that we dont vote on everything. that shit doesnt work. moneyball, i have appointed you the new commish and as such, i believe you need to just make the stats, decide who is in the leauge and what the rules concerning september call ups will be. nothing will ever get done if we try and vote on all this shit. just my opinion.i mean, all we need is the basic stats. a reasonable limit on transactions per week, and frankly no ban on player adds after september 1, because that is stupid. anyone who doesnt respond within ten days loses their team to one of the people who have responded here. those people can either be assigned a team by who posted first, or draw the names out of hat. simple simon, if you ask me.
Since this thing has been started earlier this year I think we have time to vote on some issues. It wont take long and this way everyone has a voice no one feels left out.
Since this thing has been started earlier this year I think we have time to vote on some issues. It wont take long and this way everyone has a voice no one feels left out.
You know I think relatively speaking we have kind of voted. We all don't like the IP so I think it is safe to say that one is out. Alot of us have mentioned just using the basic 5 figures for both sides I think maybe a few more people commenting on that and that should be good. I think the one big thing will be limiting transactions. To come up with a number of transactions will be tough. Let me ask you guys this isn't the only reason we had a limit on transaction is because of the IP thing? If we get rid of that wouldn't that really solve the problem? I mean yes I know people could still pick up guys whenever they are starting but a lot of times that can screw a team up.

Here is a sample of the survey I will be sending out. There is no need to complete this now. I will send it out with pms. And when voting try to vote based off what is best for the league and not what is best for your team.Do you want to stay at 12 teams or expand to 14 teams?H2H or Roto?ESPN or yahoo? Tb17 says ESPN is better because they have live scoring. They are both free. ESPN is unknow to me though so it may not have all the features we can depend on with yahoo.The trade deadline is currently August 10th. Do you want to keep it the same, make it before the 10th or make it after the 10th?Do you want to keep the waiver time at 2 days or make it shorter or longer?For trade reviews it is currently set at being decided by the Commissioner. If that would be me I would just accept all unless someone had a problem then we could have a vote. If you want to have to vote after every trade we can do that instead, but personally I think its a waste of time.The trade reject time is currently set at 2 days. Would you like to increase that or make it smaller or keep it the same? This is just the amount of time that passes between the trade being accepted by both people and when the trade actually takes effect. I think we should take the wait time all the way to 0 if we decide to keep the trade reviews up to the Commissioner. That way there is no wait and if there is a problem with the trade the commish can just put the players back on their previous rosters until the vote is done.Do we want a max transactions weekly limit? If this is voted yes well decide what that max is after.Do we want a minimum innings pitched? This is a weekly minimum that if you dont meet it your ERA and WHIP will not count.We currently have 2 DL spots. Would you want to increase this, keep it the same or lower it?We currently have 22 roster spots. Increase, stay the same, or decrease? If anyone has a problem with the current starting roster setup please mention it in here and I will include it on the survey.Do you want to keep the following stats?H?2B?BB?OPS?IP?SHO?Would you like to replace AVG with OBP?If you have a problem with any of the typical 5x5 stats please post them and I will put it in the survey.For the Keeper options below unless there is great outcry these will not take effect till next offseason because I think its unfair that people made transactions last year based on these things staying the same.We currently have 2 rookie keeper spots. Would you like this to decrease, increase or stay the same?We also currently have 15 total keeper spots. Increase, decrease, stay the same?Of those 13 other keeper spots, that aren't rookies, I believe we can currently keep 1 for as long as we want. -Would this to increase, decrease, or stay the same? -If you said increase would you like to make all 13 spots keepable for as long as we want?Edit. If we only have 1 keeper spot that can be kept forever how long should our contracts run out? The way things are now I think we can renew someones contract 2 times, so for a lot of our keepers this would be our last year. In the future would you like these contracts to be able to be renewed less than 2 times, 2 times or more than 2 times?Do you want the league to be free this year?Also Ill be asking for you guys to rank the people who have expressed interest in joining the league in terms of who you think will be the best manager. The list of people who have expressed interest is in my OP.Also should we continue to have our adds and drops blocked at the beginning of September? If no should we be able to pick up prospects that were September callups at that point.

You adressed a ton of important issues some of which I have commented on already, but for the sake of simplicity I will add all my responses in one condenses message.Expand to 14 if we have the interest. YesH2H or Roto. I did well on both, but lets keep it at H2H, no play off system with Roto. H2HTrade Deadline. None, assuming no collusion its not really needed in my opinion.Waiver Time; last year it was 2 days. I don't recall if rookie call ups were effected by the waivers, if they were then I think 2 days really helps people on the bottom of the league pick up nice players for their future. If this doesn't effect rookie call ups then the need for a waiver wire is fairly pointless imho.Trades. Commish decision if fine. Only thing we worry about is collusion and to what end with a bunch of iternet guys with no real connections on here.If we are to do max transactions I would think 3 or 4 would be the right amount. IF we eliminate IP I think a lot of the streaming will end, although people will still try to take advantage of getting HR, SB ect for their positional players so putting a light cap on it limits these kind of moves.DL spots. Raise it up to 3 or 4. No one likes having just 2 spots for important players to be on the DL. I had 3 at one point last year and I just ate the roster spot, made it tough.The current roster positions are fine. I would like to see 2 extra spots on the team to have Bench players available, just like DL spots it gives teams more flexibility.I would prefer to see this turn into a ore standard 5x5 category type. Using OBP instead of AVG. As I said before I'll play with more categories I just prefer a more standard approach.Keepers:I have no problem wanting to keep players for as long as we want obviously and in the future its really gonna benifit people gobbling up young guys. I would propose that of our total 15 keepers that we aren't restricted to keeping rookies at all. (after this season) Everyone has their own strategy and I think for some people keeping rookies on the roster just aren't on the top of the list.In expansion years we could possibly make it where we just keep 12 players that way a lot more talent gets put into the pool for the teams to build on. (Or a number the league decides on)A few questions:Are the abandonded teams this year going to be just taken over or the players added to the pool and let them draft players? I would propose especially if we expand the league that he players are all added to the pool so people can have drafted their own teams, albeit with a water-downed draft pool.What are the odds of not paying to play this year? I think if we are going to have 2 expansion teams and 2-4 other teams coming in that it would be nice to have 1 year where money doesn't matter and those of us who want to put money in, do it strictly on a last longer bet. Who goes the furthest in the playoffs. Of course expansion teams can be on this if they want also, but then they aren't forced to "give away" money.