09 Season Fcp Yahoo Keeper League

Does anybody know whats up with Ira? I sent him a pm and I have seen him reading this thread, but he hasn't responded yet. Ill send another pm in the next couple days if he doesn't respond by then.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never tried espn, but live scoring does make it sound better. Id be willing to give it a try. And Ill put it in the survey and im gonna ship that out soon.

I just sent the surveys out to everyone except tb17 his inbox was full. We have 11 people probably coming back this year. Everyone except SilverSeven.After filling out the survey head over to our forums, http://fcpkeeperleague.20.forumer.com/ and post your keepers if you want.

I just sent the surveys out to everyone except tb17 his inbox was full. We have 11 people probably coming back this year. Everyone except SilverSeven.After filling out the survey head over to our forums, http://fcpkeeperleague.20.forumer.com/ and post your keepers if you want.
I got the survey in my inbox. I'm hoping I'll be able to get to it by tomorrow. I'm leaving the email as unread so I don't forget, but I could potentially get busy the rest of this week and not get to it, so if you don't have it by friday or saturday, go ahead and shoot me another PM to remind me.
can you either pm it to my acct there
I got the survey in my inbox. I'm hoping I'll be able to get to it by tomorrow. I'm leaving the email as unread so I don't forget, but I could potentially get busy the rest of this week and not get to it, so if you don't have it by friday or saturday, go ahead and shoot me another PM to remind me.
Heh...finished it tonight. Obviously I hate sleep. Have to be up in less than 7 hours and I'm still on here posting. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

For anyone posting their keepers in our forums. Remember that whatever keeper changes wont come into effect until next year so remember that its 2 rookie keepers(no more than 50 innings or 130 at bats before the 08 season) and 13 other keepers.

For anyone posting their keepers in our forums. Remember that whatever keeper changes wont come into effect until next year so remember that its 2 rookie keepers(no more than 50 innings or 130 at bats before the 08 season) and 13 other keepers.
I was always confused about the rookie rules. We can only keep two people who were rookies going INTO '08?
I was always confused about the rookie rules. We can only keep two people who were rookies going INTO '08?
Yeah so Evan Longoria, Jay Bruce, Alexei Ramirez etc are classified as rookies.

When are official keeper lists due by?Are we allowed to make off season transactions? Ala trades with other owners for picks, players ect?

When are official keeper lists due by?Are we allowed to make off season transactions? Ala trades with other owners for picks, players ect?
The keepers wont be due until probably a week after the rules are finalized. These can be changed up until the deadline so feel free to change them until then.I don't see why there would be any reason to not be able to make trades now. If anyone wants to make me an offer ill be happy to listen on pms or whatever.

Also here's the draft order. It is just opposite regular season standings. If you want it changed to a lottery or where the playoffs are taken into account for the order of the playoff teams please comment.Assuming no expansion(which seems like 65% likely based off the surveys so far) here is the current draft order for every round.1. Cincinnati Bowties2. Poppy Hillis3. Whomever takes over SilverSevens team. Here is the thread containing his current roster for the possible expansion teams. Scroll to the bottom. http://fcpkeeperleague.20.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=164. da buttheads5. American Psycho6. Donkey Punchers7. Blue Jays8. Serge Mustangs9. The So Ills10. The Jack Bauers11. Moneyball1612. The JuggernautIf there is expansion the 3 expansion teams will go to the top and while their positions within the top 3 will be snaked each round everything else will be the same.I wouldn't trade any draft picks before the rules are finalized though because the caliber of player in each round will be greatly affected based upon whether we expand or not.Also those people that haven't turned in the survey yet should do that soon.

Just a reminder for people to get those survey answers in. Come Wednesday morning the voting will be final.Based off what I have gotten so far we will have a few changes. Some changes have already got a majority. So some new changes will be that shutouts are gone, rookie keepers will be decreased to at least 1, but probably 0, in the future all of our keepers will be able to be kept for as long as we want, but the number of keepers looks like it will drop and the last change so far is that regular adds and drops will be able to be made in September. September rookie callups will probably be available too, but not quite a majority on that yet.Innings as a stat have not quite reached a majority to lose it, but it is like 95% sure that it will be gone too.

Just a reminder for people to get those survey answers in. Come Wednesday morning the voting will be final.Based off what I have gotten so far we will have a few changes. Some changes have already got a majority. So some new changes will be that shutouts are gone, rookie keepers will be decreased to at least 1, but probably 0, in the future all of our keepers will be able to be kept for as long as we want, but the number of keepers looks like it will drop and the last change so far is that regular adds and drops will be able to be made in September. September rookie callups will probably be available too, but not quite a majority on that yet.Innings as a stat have not quite reached a majority to lose it, but it is like 95% sure that it will be gone too.
If innings as a stat is gone then there will be no way for it to track whether a manager has hit their minimum inning cap for the week.
If innings as a stat is gone then there will be no way for it to track whether a manager has hit their minimum inning cap for the week.
I may be totally off base here but I thought there was something about the amount of starts that you are able to use for a player? If that is the case wouldn't we be able to maybe set the starting pitchers starts to a certain number and once you reach that number you are done getting stats.
The keepers wont be due until probably a week after the rules are finalized. These can be changed up until the deadline so feel free to change them until then.I don't see why there would be any reason to not be able to make trades now. If anyone wants to make me an offer ill be happy to listen on pms or whatever.
If you were to trade now wouldn't you have to have all of your keepers locked in? Because you could trade two guys for one guy and then technically you would be adding another keeper.
If you were to trade now wouldn't you have to have all of your keepers locked in? Because you could trade two guys for one guy and then technically you would be adding another keeper.
I think thats sorta the idea for trading at this point unless you simply just prefer a 1 for 1 trade.For example, I would love to offer a deal like Sheets and Pena for a better hitter like Howard, Fielder, Reyes or someone along that caliber. Sheets isn't signed yet and may not even play this year, but makes for a descent keeper and Pena is a nice young power hitter.If innings as a stat is gone then there will be no way for it to track whether a manager has hit their minimum inning cap for the week.You can add a rule in the scoring system, for example minimum innings 10 and any team that doesn't reach those 10 innings typically lose ERA and WHIP for the week. If you don't make a descent amount of innings your giving away W's and SO's anyways and penalizing yourself. So I don't think its a big deal.