Totally disagree - he's on a completely different planet from the rest of them4 people limp on stage and sing their little songs1 master stages an atomic attack and struts into the spotlightJamie Foxx who knows what the hell he was talking about except for the fact that he clearly knows that him giving Adam singing advice would be like Scottie Pippen telling Michael to give him the damn ball
While I do agree that Lambert is a great performer/singer, I don't think that he's just gonna be able to just walk in to the American Idol studios on Final's day and be handed the trophy. It's gonna be a good end to the season regardless. We'll agree to disagree.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was a great week.And I agree with Keith... everyone did very well but if you compare 4 of them to Adam, they limped in. I can't imagine anyone winning over Adam. The only contest imo is for second place.

My favorite this week was Gokey, Also, I have come around on Adam. I actually look forward to what he is going to do. I just don't know what kind of artist he will actually be. A mix between Freddy Mercury and Fall out boy?

I thought Gokey sounded the best... and I don't think Adam was as good as he usually is.Simon needs to can it about Allison, I don't get why not having confidence is an issue. She sounded great so give her props instead of telling her the same shit he has said like 4 times. What does he want her to do... lick her lips and stare at the camera like Adam does? To me she shows enough confidence when she performs, I just don't get what the problem is.

You mean, The God Squad?
Among others.
Hearing Jamie Foxx is on the show tonight - why? - God only knows
I love Jamie Foxx. I don't care if he has nothing to do with anything. He's a more relevant choice than Quentin Tarantino imo, but I don't have a problem with either choice. It's interesting.
LG's thoughts:Gokey: He shouted it in parts, especially at the end. Some of it sounded really great, but I didn't love it overall. He is so boring. He has that annoying shit-eating grin plastered to his face 24/7, it grinds my damn gears. Everytime they showed him through the judging he had that stupid squinty eyed boring smile on his face. Ugh.
Color me SUPER surprised: Happy people annoy LG....
Totally disagree - he's on a completely different planet from the rest of them4 people limp on stage and sing their little songs1 master stages an atomic attack and struts into the spotlightJamie Foxx who knows what the hell he was talking about except for the fact that he clearly knows that him giving Adam singing advice would be like Scottie Pippen telling Michael to give him the damn ball
At this point, you are so biased toward Adam that your opinion has become irrelevant. I think Kris or Danny could upset him, but Kris only if he just destroys these last 3 weeks. I actually think Danny will win at this point.Every week I dislike Adam more and more. I would love him if I was at a play or musical, but as a solo artist I think he's just really annoying. The long note that he held out was not pure... it was wavering in and out of pitch and then he switched to shouting it half way through. The guy is constantly shouting and I really really hate the tone of his voice.My favorite is probably Kris.

Kris was decent but not as good as past weeks. Which is a shame because until this week I thought he had a shot at final 2.Matt was decent as well but really just seems out of his league. Alison - like her and would rather see her in the final 2 than Danny.However, this week seemed like Danny's best week. Much better that anything from the last few at least. Adam. Didn't think this week was even close to any of his previous few. Good yes but not up to his own standards that he's set. I would have rather seen him sing this week straight up instead of finding a cover to sing. As good as his performances are he seems to be able to handle polar opposites. He's either really soft, relaxing or all out balls to the wall. Never anything in between.I don't think Adam has this in the bag as much as most people do. A good rush from either Danny, Alison or Kris and they could come out on top. It will probably come down to who the support from the people leaving goes to. I'm sure Alison got a little push from those wanting to keep a girl in it after Lil left.

At this point, you are so biased toward Adam that your opinion has become irrelevant. I think Kris or Danny could upset him, but Kris only if he just destorys these last 3 weeks. I actually think Danny will win at this point.Every week I dislike Adam more and more. I would love him if I was at a play or musical, but as a solo artist I think he's just really annoying. The long note that he held out was not pure... it was wavering in and out of pitch and then he switched to shouting it half way through. The guy is constantly shouting and I really really hate the tone of his voice.
Adam is constantly shouting? Are we listening to the same show? Adam has the purest voice of them all, perhaps in the show's history. I'm a big fan of Danny, but he's the king of shouting with who's left in the competition.In my opinion, there's no song any contestant has done this year that Adam couldn't blow them out of the water side by side and I've never really been a big fan of him. I choose Danny from the getgo but there's just no denying his natural talent is better than the rest.I really wish it could be Allison/Adam in the finals but I just don't see that happening.
Who's more synonymous with "Rat Pack Music" than Jamie Foxx?
BUT HE'S CLASSICALY TRAINED!!!Kris: Decent, but weak. Makes little girl panties wet for all the wrong reasons.Allison: Fairly gutsy try, but fell short. Over-embellished.Matt: Slightly better than Kris, but will be the one to go as he has less appeal to the idiots willing to pay for votes.Gokey: I thought he was the best of the night. He came out strong and finished stronger. I think he simply owned the song and sang it in a way that Allison was probably hoping to do. Plenty of attitude and quality.Adam: As much as I think he's the best stage presence left, he's starting to wear a touch thin. Last night was still very, very good, but the vocals were missing that little bit extra that pushes it over the top.Based on last night:Matt is goneAllison is in trouble, but I hope she makes it to next week.Kris is safe as milk, just like his "style" (he is this year's David Archuleta)Gokey and Adam were the best.
Hearing Jamie Foxx is on the show tonight - why? - God only knows
I don't know, they guy has had no success in the music industry...Just a couple of #1 singles on the billboard hot 100 and a double platinum #1 album. he is also the fourth artist to have won an Academy Award for acting and had a number-one record album in the US. The other three to pull that off are Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Barbra Streisand.Guy has no clue what he is talking about.
I don't know, they guy has had no success in the music industry...Just a couple of #1 singles on the billboard hot 100 and a double platinum #1 album. he is also the fourth artist to have won an Academy Award for acting and had a number-one record album in the US. The other three to pull that off are Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Barbra Streisand.Guy has no clue what he is talking about.
The theme was rat-pack, not generic R'n'B music or acting.For Motown week the mentor was Smokey Robinson - in case you don't know, he is a highly successful Motown performer. See how it makes sense for him to tutor on the Motown theme week? Now do you get why Jamie Foxx was a weird choice for ratpack week?
The theme was rat-pack, not generic R'n'B music or acting.For Motown week the mentor was Smokey Robinson - in case you don't know, he is a highly successful Motown performer. See how it makes sense for him to tutor on the Motown theme week? Now do you get why Jamie Foxx was a weird choice for ratpack week?
Have you ever listened to any of his music? A lot of it is heavily influenced from some guy who was in the ratpack.Hint... it's the dark one!r192687_727743.jpg
While I can't disagree with his success, Sinatra, Streisand and Crosby all sang using their natural voices, not with this oh-so-popular digital tweakery. Remember who made that famous? Yeah, I think it was Britney Spears. And while Foxx is a greater talent than Spears, he's no Sinatra. Sinatra SANG, Foxx is a nobody compared to Sinatra.And a passing coment on "success" these days: More now than ever before, success is not measured in raw talent, it is measured in marketability. Nobody in the world is going to convince me that today's Billboard charts are pure talent. If someone does, I call that person a deluded idiot who has no discerning taste or ability to decide what's good on their own.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of his music. But a lot of what he does (especially when doing hooks on other peoples songs) is take a classic song and remake it as his own which is a lot of what AI encourages it's contestants to do. He is the perfect choice for a guest spot on the show.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of his music. But a lot of what he does (especially when doing hooks on other peoples songs) is take a classic song and remake it as his own which is a lot of what AI encourages it's contestants to do. He is the perfect choice for a guest spot on the show.
I will say that I was impressed by Foxx's accomplishments and that I enjoyed him in Ray.
We've heard your point of view and clearly a lot of us still disagree. Accept it and get over it.
We've heard your point of view and clearly a lot of us still disagree. Accept it and get over it.
A lot = you?Sorry I had to inform you why Foxx was a perfectly good choice, and apparently the people who make the show (and millions of dollars off it) agree with me and not "a lot" of you. Accept it and get over it.
A lot = you?Sorry I had to inform you why Foxx was a perfectly good choice, and apparently the people who make the show (and millions of dollars off it) agree with me and not "a lot" of you. Accept it and get over it.
Me and everyone else who posted here saying they didn't like the choice e.g. Keith Crime and so forth.The show picked Foxx because they made a deal with this record company. It's all good publicity for him. If you think they were brainstorming and he was the first name that came up you're crazy. I expect they tried to get someone more suitable like Michael Buble and they didn't have the inclination or availability.We get it, you love Jamie Foxx. Now can we please stop talking about it? I think you've said everything a few times now.
We get it, you love Jamie Foxx.
It's pretty rare I ever agree with Keith. And I don't love Jamie Foxx so clearly you haven't been reading what I said. I have over 600 CD's laying around my house, none of which are his. I may have two songs on my computer he does guest appearance background vocals on. I'm not a fan.
Girls are assholes as much as men if not more often. ever been to a high school?
fyp.I think it is safe to assume that the finals will be between Adam and Church Boy at this point. Matt G should be gone this week based on everyone's entire body of work.....but who knows.

Let's not get testy over American Idol girls.Is anyone getting annoyed with the lighting in all of Adam's performance. It is the same every week. He has 3 spotlights on his shoulders so they light up, his face looks dark and ominous, and his white suits look like they glow in the dark. It looked cool the first time he did it, but last night it was noticeably annoying. Maybe I'm being nitpicky.Whether or not Jamie Foxx is "ratpack" it seemed like he really wanted to help the contestants which was cool.

Well since all the rat packers are dead, who were they going to get?And Jamie Foxx's new stuff may have the digitized affect, but his older stuff did not. And he sang all those songs in Ray, and I actually like his version of Georgia better than Ray's.Maybe I am just old, but I still can't picture Foxx as an R&B star. I still here this whenever he appears on screen.You walk on the moon float like a balloonYou see it's never too late and it's never too soonTake it from me what it's like to be. In living color.And how would you feel knowin' prejudice was obsoleteAnd all mankind danced to the exact beatAnd at night it was safe to walk down the street. In living color

Is anyone getting annoyed with the lighting in all of Adam's performance. It is the same every week. He has 3 spotlights on his shoulders so they light up, his face looks dark and ominous, and his white suits look like they glow in the dark. It looked cool the first time he did it, but last night it was noticeably annoying. Maybe I'm being nitpicky.
yeah, I feel comfortable saying that complaining about the lighting is being nit-picky.His entrances are always cool.....he exudes that undefinable "star quality". I dont even like him that much (not my kind of musician) but Adam creates buzz and understands how to perform. That alone makes him the favorite. His voice is love it or hate it.....if you loved 80s hair bands you probably love that rock screech thing he does.