What were the year ranges of songs they could choose from? Because Adam should have done Sweet Child O Mine or Paradise City.I didn't really like any of them tonight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really like any of them tonight.
Same, and what I forgot to say was I really hated the way they all performed. It was so copycat and charades. Picking up the mic stand, holding it at an angle, dragging it around... so clichéd, and it's fine if you're in the heat of the moment and it fits with the energy of the song, but when you do it the whole way through it just looks stupid like a child imitating a rock star. Add to that the head banging and arm punching/leg kicking moves they all did, it was so damn contrived.

Contrived - Yes, so very, very true, but that is what Idol is all about: manufactured moments of emotion with no visceral punch. Rarely have I seen a performance that gives me the chills...I get small tingles occasionally, but that's about it.

Danny was just awful all around last night. I cringed listening to him several times, not just on the last note.Allison is getting better and more confident, I think her & Adam in the finals would be a blast - but it just seems like Danny's fanbase is pretty unstoppable at this point (he's still my pick to win solely because of his middle america appeal).Kris was okay, but Simon is right, you don't remember him after he's off the stage. He should be gone tonight.

What's with the hate on Kris? I actually like him better than Gokey and I think overall he's done better than Gokey. Up until last weak Gokey seemed to have just been playing it safe and never really improved. He seemed to have leveled off. But sadly to say, I think that Kris will be voted off, I also think that Gokey just has a bigger fan base.
I haven't really liked Kris the entire season. He definitely is not a bad singer, I just think there are hundreds if not thousands of singers out there that can do the same stuff as he does. There isn't anything unique or interesting about him in my opinion. I also can't picture anyone buying his music except for little girls who are fans of the show.
So honestly guys, no bias bs(if at all possible) who goes home on Wednesday night?
Kris.This was Adam's wheelhouse, Allison was better and should get some girl votes, and Danny is immensely popular for reasons unclear to me.
So......Paula has finally admitted her addiction to Pain Killers.Good for her - I hope she gets the help she needs.
I have had some serious back issues.....so I know how seductive pain killers can be. I wish her luck.
I have had some serious back issues.....so I know how seductive pain killers can be. I wish her luck.
Oh, I forgot to tell you. Two things that work really well for me:Skelaxin - muscle relaxer (works great after a strenuous workout or after a lot of physical activity)http://www.skelaxin.com/index.aspx?text=1Flector Patches - Topical anti inflammatory and pain reliever (This works great if you have a flare up and throw your back out)http://www.flectorpatch.com/
Oh, I forgot to tell you. Two things that work really well for me:Skelaxin - muscle relaxer (works great after a strenuous workout or after a lot of physical activity)http://www.skelaxin.com/index.aspx?text=1Flector Patches - Topical anti inflammatory and pain reliever (This works great if you have a flare up and throw your back out)http://www.flectorpatch.com/
I just got prescribed skelaxin a week ago after I had some back spasms. It works very nicely.
I just got prescribed skelaxin a week ago after I had some back spasms. It works very nicely.
I am not a drug taker. I usually will only take Advil or Ibuprofen when I am sore, but when the back gets really bad I need something more to not just be a lump on the couch, especially with kids. I used to have Vioxx on hand for the rare occasions I would get really bad, but that and Celebrex all got recalled because of the side effects. I also never take straight pain relievers like Vicodon, mostly because they don't do anything for me, and my thought is, all they are doing if the do work is just masking the pain which usually means you do too much then make it worse.

I wasn't paying the closest attention last night, but I noticed during the duet, Danny was breathing in weird spots a lot and I thought it was really butchering one of my fave styx songs.

I wasn't paying the closest attention last night, but I noticed during the duet, Danny was breathing in weird spots a lot and I thought it was really butchering one of my fave styx songs.
I usually notice breathing patterns when I'm not paying attention too!
I haven't really liked Kris the entire season. He definitely is not a bad singer, I just think there are hundreds if not thousands of singers out there that can do the same stuff as he does. There isn't anything unique or interesting about him in my opinion. I also can't picture anyone buying his music except for little girls who are fans of the show.
I totally disagree with this. Kris is a great singer. Falling Slowly was amazing.
Kris.This was Adam's wheelhouse, Allison was better and should get some girl votes, and Danny is immensely popular for reasons unclear to me.
The tone of his voice. I thought Danny was really bad last night. I still hate Adam. His tone is like a screechy child, and it tilts me pretty badly. Kris' song choice was not good. I liked Allison the best, but I don't even remember the performance, other than her 'look', which I thought was good. ,Also, did anyone else hear today that Paula makes TWO MILLION per season and Fox is trying to sign her to an extension. I'm not joking.Also, Simon's current contact is up after this season and he is playing hard ball with them and telling them that he might want to move on. Simon is currently making 18 times more than Paula PER SEASON. I'm still not joking.
Also, did anyone else hear today that Paula makes TWO MILLION per season and Fox is trying to sign her to an extension. I'm not joking.Also, Simon's current contact is up after this season and he is playing hard ball with them and telling them that he might want to move on. Simon is currently making 18 times more than Paula PER SEASON. I'm still not joking.
It's like a 3 months show, twice a week, they do long grueling days with auditions across the country... Do you think 2 million is too little or something? That's pennies compared to what the show brings in, especially after being on air for so many seasons. Don't get me wrong, I hate paula, infact like everyone else I'd be fine with just Simon as a judge but I would've been shocked if she was getting anything less than 2 milllion..
Also, did anyone else hear today that Paula makes TWO MILLION per season and Fox is trying to sign her to an extension. I'm not joking.Also, Simon's current contact is up after this season and he is playing hard ball with them and telling them that he might want to move on. Simon is currently making 18 times more than Paula PER SEASON. I'm still not joking.
Well... it is the highest rated show on TV every season.Maybe they should kick back a mil or 2 to the contestants.
It's like a 3 months show, twice a week, they do long grueling days with auditions across the country... Do you think 2 million is too little or something? That's pennies compared to what the show brings in, especially after being on air for so many seasons. Don't get me wrong, I hate paula, infact like everyone else I'd be fine with just Simon as a judge but I would've been shocked if she was getting anything less than 2 milllion..
um.. no. I said TWO MILLION because that's so much more than it should be it's not even funny. She shouldn't get more than 200 - 500 thousand.
um.. no. I said TWO MILLION because that's so much more than it should be it's not even funny. She shouldn't get more than 200 - 500 thousand.
True, but as I said 2million is pennies for one of the highest rated shows on television and they'd rather have her than not. I'm sure people talking about how retarded she is and her on drugs and whatnot actually is helping the show more than hurting it.
You are crazy. I would have guessed she was getting more than 2 Mill. Most major TV stars get 50-75K per show. At 24 shows per year on average that is 1.2 Million on the low end. She is on the highest rated show on TV and one of the most newsworthy, so I am not sure where you are coming up with your 200K numbers.
Both were completely out of their element. I don't think it's fair to say they didn't do as well because they're not versatile enough. You'd never ask Frank Sinatra or Norah Jones etc to sing a song like that. I think they should have toned the songs down rather than singing them straight, taken the songs and sung an easy-listening version of them. They probably would have been told they were boring or something, but its better than making a fool of yourself shouting and screaming out of key.
See, I don't have a problem with this, because it's not like Adam and Allison sing Standards or whatever theme week crap they throw at them, yet the judges were acting as apologists for the non rock performers. Eff them
Danny is immensely popular for reasons unclear to me.
God Squaddead wifedead grandpaDecent singerhyped up in pre-showsgod decent lookingdecent voice
True, but as I said 2million is pennies for one of the highest rated shows on television and they'd rather have her than not. I'm sure people talking about how retarded she is and her on drugs and whatnot actually is helping the show more than hurting it.
tru dat.
You are crazy. I would have guessed she was getting more than 2 Mill. Most major TV stars get 50-75K per show. At 24 shows per year on average that is 1.2 Million on the low end. She is on the highest rated show on TV and one of the most newsworthy, so I am not sure where you are coming up with your 200K numbers.
because she's retarded? Also, 200k would have been surprisingly low. I would have guessed 500ish k.
God Squaddead wifedead grandpaDecent singerhyped up in pre-showsgod decent lookingdecent voice
This should make it much more 'clear. Although I do think the word 'decent' probably applies more to his looks than his voice. His looks are decent... in a so-so kind of way (teeth are terrible), but his voice is absolutely stellar.I think the bolded ones are the most important.

Anyone think that Adam could be going home? Same thing when Daughtry went home. And Daughtry is about to perform. Most voters are tweeners as well.

Such bullshit with Chris Daughtry saying that he didn't want to be a solo artist and always wanted to be in a band... this despite the fact that they named the band his surname, and he is the only one on the cover of the album. Such bullshit. He sounds totally out of tune anyway.

Allison didn't deserve to go home, but I guess she just didn't have a demographic to turn out the vote for her. I'm not upset about it, she was pretty annoying as a person. Shame its all men left, but whatever.