• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Allison's problem is that she is a similar style to Adam, they're splitting the 'rock' vote, and he is getting most of it. I think Matt goes next, then Allison, then Danny, with the final 2 being Kris and Adam, Adam wins.

I think Allison's problem is that she is a similar style to Adam, they're splitting the 'rock' vote, and he is getting most of it. I think Matt goes next, then Allison, then Danny, with the final 2 being Kris and Adam, Adam wins.
you're probably right but i'd like to see allison kris and adam as the final three, and i'm really ok with any of them winning at this point.
you're probably right but i'd like to see allison kris and adam as the final three, and i'm really ok with any of them winning at this point.
I would like to see Allison and Adam as the final 2, the other 3 I'm not bothered about. I don't love any of the contestants, but A&A are the most interesting for me.

I think you guys are nuts if you don't think Gokey's fan base is going to easily take him to the final 2. They will.

Going forward:Next to go: MattThen: AllisonThen: KrisFinal Two: Danny and AdamWinner: Adam
I think Kris will edge out Danny. And it will be between Kris and Adam.
it wouldn't surprise me much, but that's not my point. i don't want them to.
I'm not saying I disagree with you.
I think you guys are nuts if you don't think Gokey's fan base is going to easily take him to the final 2. They will.
You mean, The God Squad?

I still don't get all the love for Kris, there are probably thousands of people out there that can do what he does.Maybe he has the teenage girl vote?

I still don't get all the love for Kris, there are probably thousands of people out there that can do what he does.Maybe he has the teenage girl vote?
I think him and Adam split the teenage girls, with Kris getting the younger teens and tweens, and Adam taking the mid-teens who are embarking on their 'alternative' phase.
I think him and Adam split the teenage girls, with Kris getting the younger teens and tweens, and Adam taking the mid-teens who are embarking on their 'alternative' phase.
I wouldn't think that Adam would capture the teen girl vote. Maybe older teen, but not preteen or younger teen. That is my guess. However he does come off as humble and vulnerable so maybe.I will say all of the middle age women I talk to at work thinks Adam will win. The main thing we say is that Adam is a hodgepodge of many of the great performers over the past few decades... Elvis, Bowie and Freddie Mercury yet he takes those influences and creates something new and refreshing. But honestly, I don't know if any of us ever vote. Kris definitely has that teen appeal. He is non threatening. The wife thing though may be a wrench for that age group.After the past 2 weeks I am beginning to believe these 2 will be in the finals. I like Allison and think she is great but there is something about her that is not connecting with the voters.Gokey and Matt... good but not great. Not final 2 contenders.

Lol Sanjaya has written his autobiographyWhat could be a more edifying read than the story of a reality show contestant, who finished seventh, who has a non-disclosure agreement that prevents him from revealing anything interesting about the reality show that made him famous?

LG's thoughts:Kris: I didn't like this performance. The vocals didn't match up with the music, the pacing was very unnatural in parts (pausing 5 seconds before finishing the line with the last word). I love this song, but no way was this a great version of it, and no way near his best performance. Also still hating the fake humility - in the intro video when he said "I don't think my vocals match up to anyone else in the competition" etc... I can't be the only one who sees through it.Allison: Goddamn this interview makes her seem really really annoying ("and then they were like come up to the 13th floor and I was like somethings going on and like I went in and they were all like SURPRAAIIISSEE"). Anyway, the song. Good voice, but I didn't like the performance much. I guess I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to music like this. I thought she embellished far too much on a beautiful song and lost the essence of it. It was not "gut wrenching and emotional" like Kara said. I am getting sick of the bullshit these judges spew when they want to compliment someone on the show.Matt: Ooh, don't like that last note. Still, nice vocals over all. Lower range was a little weak. Not blown away, but not unhappy about it.Gokey: He shouted it in parts, especially at the end. Some of it sounded really great, but I didn't love it overall. He is so boring. He has that annoying shit-eating grin plastered to his face 24/7, it grinds my damn gears. Everytime they showed him through the judging he had that stupid squinty eyed boring smile on his face. Ugh.Adam: Obv. he does the Muse style version. I love the Muse cover of this song. I really didn't feel any 'emotional connection' as the judges love to comment on. I felt like he phoned in the first verse waiting to get into his power voice. Speaking of which, his powervoice didn't sound as good as usual to me, a little bit shouty. Held the long note very well. Not one of his best performances in my opinion. Just not believable, not emotive. Overall not too impressed this week really. I love this style of music so admittedly my standards are higher than most weeks. I don't think either Matt or Allison really secured their spot in the competition, and as for the other 3, they have their fanbases so it doesn't seem to matter how they sing. No one hit it out of the park.

Just got done watching the show, a few thoughts:Allison is really really really unlucky that she is on this season of American Idol because in any of the others, she would be a shoe in for the finals. She is amazing imho.Matt Giraud is in the same boat as Allison, he has true talent but not as good as Adam, Kris, or Danny.Kris is a talented guy, but he isn't in the same league vocally as pretty much anyone else in this competition (he even admitted to that at the beginning of the show)Danny is amazing. I don't care if some think he's boring, you cannot deny his vocals. His stage presence is something that will come eventually. He will be in the finals.Adam was OK this week. Not even close to his best performance. The end was good (typical screaming high notes at the end) but nothing to write home about. He will also be in the finals.This week showed me that Adam isn't quite the clear cut favorite that some people have said he is. Gokey/Adam will be in the finals.

This week showed me that Adam isn't quite the clear cut favorite that some people have said he is.
Totally disagree - he's on a completely different planet from the rest of them4 people limp on stage and sing their little songs1 master stages an atomic attack and struts into the spotlightJamie Foxx who knows what the hell he was talking about except for the fact that he clearly knows that him giving Adam singing advice would be like Scottie Pippen telling Michael to give him the damn ball