The judge's picks were horrible this year, which is disappointing considering usually they're really good. Apologize was fine but not as good as the original, and not even as good as Archuleta's version of it last year. Dance Little Sister, really? Just because Danny has that similar kind of rasp in his voice? Not a good reason to pick a stupid, uninteresting song (Simon was right, Sign Your Name would have been way better). And One was just a terrible choice for Adam, and he didn't really perform it very well - the singing was fine, the rearrangement was fine, but the vocal histrionics do not belong in a heartfelt song like that.Then the second half started, and I think that Kris and Danny both had their best performances ever. All three chose much better songs for themselves than the judges. Kris' version of Heartless was pretty great (although I don't really know the original or the covers mentioned), and it cemented that he wants to be an artist like Jason Mraz. I really like Jason Mraz. Danny's version of You Are So Beautiful was fantastic. I don't really like Danny but that was by far his best performance so far, even if it did make it clear that he wants to be Michael McDonald. I really don't like Michael McDonald - empty whiteboy soul sucks. I was really unimpressed with Adam's choice of Cryin' - it seemed like he just wanted to show up Danny when he could have picked something far better - but it was a much better fit for him than One and he performed it fine. His weakest week by far, and the timing couldn't be better/worse.Based on last night, the final should be Danny and Kris. Based on the history of the performances, it should be Danny (by the slimmest of margins) and Adam. Based on who I would be most likely to like as an artist and buy records, it should be Kris and Adam. I'm ready to hate the AI-watching-and-voting public again.Also, is Kara completely retarded? She tried to show up Simon and only made his point stronger, all the while smugly turning her nose up to him. I've enjoyed her on the show, but her cookie is short a few chocolate chips imo.
Haha. It was really a horrible choice. They (she?) picked this song, with no vocal range, performed by a dancer, for a competitor "in a singing competition" who is arguably one of the better singers they've had on the show, who can't dance, move, or perform physically without looking like a goomba.They should have picked Girl You Know It's True.I forgot to mention earlier that the backup singers in Cryin' were terrible and whoever was on the mixing board should have been shot.
I noticed that too, they were louder than Lambert and that is difficult to do. You could turn the mixing board all the way up and take away his mic and he would still blow most people out of the water with his screeching.1. If everyone says Kris is like Jason Mraz, why didn't they just pick a Jason Mraz song2. Gokey is obviously going to make a gospel album, they should have picked a mainstream song from that genre (not that I would know what that would be)3. Why is everyone ignoring that Adam could do Axle Rose sung songs that pretty much nobody else could do, yet they pick Bono?
I think this is pretty much spot on, with a few exceptions.1. I originally thought the "One" choice was brilliant and the beginning was great, but Adam went off on his high pitch scream and it was pretty bad. I rewound and listened again to see what the hubub the judges were talking about was and it wasn't so bad the second time. Adam has range that is phenonemal. He can go soo high and then twist and turn it and play around with the note like no other. With that said, it would be a rare odd song thatI would actually like to listen to him actually singing. I also have wondered why there has been no objection to him being a professional like people complained about in past seasons. This guy has been on Broadway for years and sang in one of the top tranny clubs on New Years Eve etc. Doesn't reallyseem fair compared to the relative unknowns he's competing against. For that reason, I hope he doesn't win.2. I thought the Preston song by Gokey (Cocker as well) was a cop out playing to middle america still voting for him due to his wife passing. He shouldn't even be here at this point. He did the song well, but other than being a hit on the Christian circuit I don't see much else for him.3. Kris- I was seriously blown away by the Kanye song, though I didn't know he was covering a cover. Still a great choice since most everyone else didn't either. Besides, David Cook took the same route copying artists like Whitesnake last year and everyone assumed it was his version.4. I really missed Allison last night and thought if she was there she would have crushed the performances they had. I'll stick by my opinion that she willeclipse them in sales by a large margin. I hate the judges sometimes and Paula just makes me want to puke. She has wanted Adam and Gokey from the get go and won't sway from her opinionno matter how bad they suck. She conversely won't compliment anyone else other than an off-handed comment. I wish Trump would fire her. Oh, wrong show.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way Axl would give permission after they picked Slash to be a mentor. Which is a shame, as I'd like to hear Adam doing GNR myself.I'm in agreement that last night was the first time this season that I wanted to vote for Kris, his second performance was really great.Both Danny and Adam were average.I'd like to see Adam and Kris in the final, but middle america is going to vote Danny through all the way I think.

Enjoyed both of Kris' songs. Thought he actually was best. Danny was decent. Adam was horrible. I was enjoying his first performance until the screeching. After that he was downhill for the rest of the night.
I'm brvheart, and I approve this post.

Couple things I noticed from the judges. Simon gave a shot at "So you think you can Dance" which I am pretty sure his AI partners produce that show. Not sure if it was in jest or real. Also the feuding between he and Kara is either completely contrived or has something to do with the other producers bringing her on against his wishes or something.

Couple things I noticed from the judges. Simon gave a shot at "So you think you can Dance" which I am pretty sure his AI partners produce that show. Not sure if it was in jest or real. Also the feuding between he and Kara is either completely contrived or has something to do with the other producers bringing her on against his wishes or something.
I took it as a tongue-in-cheek slam against America's Best Dance Crew or whatever that show Randy Jackson produces on MTV. I might be wrong, though.

FML. I'm about 70% sure that Danny will be going home tonite. If Kris beats Danny, it's because of Heartless and people not knowing that Kris karaoke'd the Fray version.FML. Whatever, as long as Adam loses then i'll be happy.

Simon basically used the last couple minutes of last night's show to tell America to vote for Adam.
yeah, that was kind of cheesy I thought
I have been waiting all season for Adam to do November Rain.
that would be cool, but I'd prefer Estranged

Which one did you hear first? Usually that's the one you'll like better.The live version of Estranged on GnR's double live album is fantastic. that's where I discovered that song. One of the only 10 minute songs that I can deal with and love all the way through.

Ok, so who's in the Finale tonight?Believe it or not, i've read a number of news articles today that are saying that Adam might be voted off tonite.This is gonna be close.

Which one did you hear first? Usually that's the one you'll like better.The live version of Estranged on GnR's double live album is fantastic. that's where I discovered that song. One of the only 10 minute songs that I can deal with and love all the way through.
Kanye's, but I don't like it much at all.Then Kris', which I like best.Then The Fray, which is fine, but I think Kris sang it better adn has far better dynamics.
Ok, so who's in the Finale tonight?Believe it or not, i've read a number of news articles today that are saying that Adam might be voted off tonite.This is gonna be close.
based on last night, he should be voted off. but i doubt he will be. he deserves to be there based on the body of his performances.
i have been making that Mraz comparison for a while. it just fits. it is clearly his MO. my wife thought Kris sounded like Matt McCoughanhey (I have no idea how to spell that) last night with his attempts at "aw, shucks" charm.I think it will be Kris and Adam (if only Danny had Simon stumping for him at the end of the show).
I was making the Mraz comparisons first.So, take that!
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Gokey/Kris made the final.
Would be a shocker for alot....but not me either.LOL @ Simon telling America to basically vote for Adam to make sure he gets in the finals.
I forgot to mention earlier that the backup singers in Cryin' were terrible and whoever was on the mixing board should have been shot.
I am obv just watching last nights show and I literally backed up the DVR 6 times on these parts and was going "WTF!" Sounded awful, just horrible. They did not go together at all.