Iphone And Ipod Touch Apps

Here's what I have after the upgrade last night.Facebook (not working yet in 2.2.1 for me)MyspaceShazamiWeatherCannonGameSOS TorchfreebirdAirYellLiveSportzUnitsAir SharingMore CowbellSol FreeMint.comMassageriHandy LevelFart for FreeGoogle EarthEyeTricksLettersGuitar ChordsESPN CameramanBikini BlastDrinks FreeQuickTipJuxtaposerJrTMZLieDetectorWooo ButtonInfrared Camera Free-Tom.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill Prop bet someone they cant beat my score in App game.The game is Black Mamba Racer (BM Lite). It's the free version, not the full one.theres only 1 track in the demo and my record is 19.5 seconds. I will give you 60 days to beat my score. any amount up to $100.

• 1 month later...
I likeTap DefenseLux TouchSol FreeTangramHaven't tried Fieldrunners. I only do free apps.
I have urbanspoon iFitnessDigidrummersportaculartwitterificMotionX PokerTap Tap RevengeI only got it yesterday
Bumped for Blue
I like:youtubesafaricalendarcontactsweatherclockcalculatorremotenotesmailmapsstocksalso have:facebookmyspacedone drinkinzippobeer pongmini pianopandoratictactouchdrinksfreeweather channelzipponight stand
Here's what I have after the upgrade last night.Facebook (not working yet in 2.2.1 for me)MyspaceShazamiWeatherCannonGameSOS TorchfreebirdAirYellLiveSportzUnitsAir SharingMore CowbellSol FreeMint.comMassageriHandy LevelFart for FreeGoogle EarthEyeTricksLettersGuitar ChordsESPN CameramanBikini BlastDrinks FreeQuickTipJuxtaposerJrTMZLieDetectorWooo ButtonInfrared Camera Free-Tom.
Would any of you care to explain what these do and why you like them?

Pocket God is quite amusing indeed, I recommend it for anyone who likes pointless funny apps. Basically you're the God of a tiny little Pacific island and your entire purpose for being is to torture the island people who are unfortunate enough to be under your thumb. Shark attacks, lighning strikes, earthquakes, volcanos...and they're still updating the app every week with new stuff. I'm very easily amused, so know that before spending the $2 or however much.

Would any of you care to explain what these do and why you like them?
Fieldrunners is a Tower Defense style game. Urbanspoon recommends restaurants in the areaiHandy Level is...a level.Pandora is the Pandora Music Project for iPhone, randomly plays songs based on your preferencesShazam tells you what song is playing on the radio, television, movie...etc. Best app by a mile, and it's free!Night Stand turns the entire face of your iPhone into a digital clock, perfect for...your nightstand.

Games I bought that are very good:Superstar Baseball 2009 (there is a free demo version you can try first)The Price is Right (just like the show, lot of fun)Real Soccer 2009 (good soccer game, fifa-like)

Fieldrunners is a Tower Defense style game. Urbanspoon recommends restaurants in the areaiHandy Level is...a level.Pandora is the Pandora Music Project for iPhone, randomly plays songs based on your preferencesShazam tells you what song is playing on the radio, television, movie...etc. Best app by a mile, and it's free!Night Stand turns the entire face of your iPhone into a digital clock, perfect for...your nightstand.
downloading all. ty.(fyi, I couldn't get shazam to recognize several songs, but an app called midomi)ug. Night Stand is $2 now. I guess I'll pass on that one.
Do you need a mic or something for Shazam to work? Every time I load it it tells me there's no sound device installed. I take it it's only for iPhone and not iTouch?
That is true. If you have an external mic plugged in you may want to try midomi. I think they are both designed for just the iphone however, and not the touch.
I have urbanspoon - fun app for finding a place to eatiFitness - full on fitness app, excercises, logs, charts, workouts, create workoutsDigidrummer - it's a drum app with tons of different kits. You can also play along with songs on your touch/iphonesportacular - sports scores and news app, best free on IMOtwitterific - app that you use to post on twitterMotionX Poker - fun poker dice game, great time wasterTap Tap Revenge Guitar hero type game but you tapI only got it yesterday
I now also have:Hockey News- for my hockey scoresTap Defense- I think Adam already talked about this oneDr. Awesome- game, kind of like the old game on PC's jezz ballLOLCats- LOLCatsDice - Tons of different dice. Actually usefulPandora- radio programPull - fart noisesWord Warp - Text Twist game for you itouch/iphoneFacebookSpeedfiend- solitare type card gameBlack Mamba Lite- guess I can try and beat that guys score. Never played it yet. Racing game.Tunnel - Free game, pretty cool, you have to survive moving through a tunnel by tiltingLists- I use it for grocery listsFlick Football - self explanatoryiSniper - sniper appBeer Pong- Beer pngiBowl - bowlingiChess- chessAnd a bunch of random lite versions of games, none impressed me so farGuitar Chords- handy app to allow me to look at tons of chordsVault- old game where you have to guess the combination and it tells you how many you have right and how many are int he right spot.

I have my own 8GB iPod touch now and this is what I put on it:Games: * Sol Free - 5 types of solitaire, I only use the normal ones (Klondike deal 1 and Klondike deal 3). Works great and it isn't full of ads.* Word Warp - Fun game where you make words from 6 letters. They keep adding in annoying adverts, but it's worth it and it is challenging. Probably helping to expand my vocabulary too.* Tangram - You have 6 or 7 different shapes and you use them to fill in an outline on the screen by rotating and positioning them. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes it takes a while. Good game music, but they have introduced annoying adverts now and then which make you wait 8 seconds before closing them.* Lux Free - You try to take over the world, competing against 4 computer players. It's pretty fun but once you figure out the best technique you can win almost all the time.* Tap Defence - Tower defence game, quite difficult especially on medium and hard mode. Other:* Last.fm - Plays music based on what you like, same as Pandora it seems. The only issue I have with it is that it won't run in the background like the music you have on your iPod, you have to keep it open.* I Can Has Cheezburger - Shows you the latest lolcats from the website of the same name, easy to flip through and generally high quality lolcats (no crappy ones or repeats of ones you see everywhere).* AIM - AOL Messenger, pretty easy to use and doesn't log you off when you go to do something else on the iPod.* Shovel - Let's you view the top stories on Digg and read comments. You can't dig the stories or comments though.* Facebook - Shows you other people's updates, your notifications and pending requests etc. Good mobile version of the website.Websites bookmarked:CNN - Good mobile website.Wikipedia - Also an easy to use mobile website.BBC News - Not mobile, but usable when you zoom in on certain frames by double tapping them.

I now also have:Hockey News- for my hockey scoresTap Defense- I think Adam already talked about this oneDr. Awesome- game, kind of like the old game on PC's jezz ballLOLCats- LOLCatsDice - Tons of different dice. Actually usefulPandora- radio programPull - fart noisesWord Warp - Text Twist game for you itouch/iphoneFacebookSpeedfiend- solitare type card gameBlack Mamba Lite- guess I can try and beat that guys score. Never played it yet. Racing game.Tunnel - Free game, pretty cool, you have to survive moving through a tunnel by tiltingLists- I use it for grocery listsFlick Football - self explanatoryiSniper - sniper appBeer Pong- Beer pngiBowl - bowlingiChess- chessAnd a bunch of random lite versions of games, none impressed me so farGuitar Chords- handy app to allow me to look at tons of chordsVault- old game where you have to guess the combination and it tells you how many you have right and how many are int he right spot.
Thanks for the explanations. I downloaded guitar chords and lists.

Current Apps I have (in addition to the ones that came preloaded):Shazam - Music RecognitionPandora - Radio appSportacular - Absolutely awesome live sports scores app, I use this one constantly but can't recall if I paid for it or notAOL Radio - Self explanatory, and free. Trism - Pretty decent game but I got too good for it to be interesting anymoreFacebook and Myspace - Self explanatory, I use the Facebook one a lot for uploading picturesWikipanion - iPhone wiki, I never use it anymore. Air Sharing - Allows you to use your wireless connection to store files on your iPhone, or so I'm told, I've never actually used it.Cannon Game - It's your basic field artillery game, I should probably delete now that I have...iShoot - A much better field artillery game, but kind of expensive. One of the most popular iPhone games. Cube Runner - Very basic object avoidance game, uses the accelerometer for controlsiLevel - It's a level!Flashlight - Free app that I downloaded and never use since the regular screen is plenty bright enough to light my way. Koi Pond - Cheap app that amuses people who are curious about the iPhone, it's basically for showing off. Labyrinth - One of those "don't let the marble fall through the holes" games, uses the accelerometer. Mostly for showing off.Lightsaber - Self explanatory, makes the lightsaber sounds when you wave it around. Show-off app. Metasquares - I was hoping this would be the return of the awesome AOL game from yesteryear, but it's just you against the computer for now. I never play this anymore. Motochaser - Was fun for a minute, but pretty boring now. You use the accelerometer to control a motorcycle. Good graphics but pretty tedious after a few plays. Air hockey - Was fun for a minute, but gets old fast. Papijump - Amusing little "jump up the platforms" game, my first game that used the accelerometer for controls. Pocketguitar - I barely ever use it because it's hard to control, but a pretty cool proof of concept app and good for showing off. Recorder - I never use this but it's nice to have. Turns the iPhone into a message recorder. Sol Free - Your basic solitaire app. Sudoku - Your basic sudoku app, it's pretty good. Super Ball 2 - It's a block breaker game, pretty decent one. Take Me to My Car - Self Explanatory, uses the maps and GPS functions to show you where you parked. I never use it. Topple - Kind of fun game but it gets old fast. Whitepages - The phone book for anywhere USA, I've used it a few times and I think it's free. Yelp - The same as UrbanSpoon but expanded to include banks, gas stations, etc. I never use it. Biiplane - Fun little game where you control a plane and fly it through obstacles, good graphics. My nieces like this one. Google Earth - Self explanatory and very cool, although I really never use it. Never use the real Google Earth either though. TapDefense - It's a tower defense game, pretty good one but Fieldrunners is better. Space Buster - Great, great block breaking game. Used to be buggy as all hell but I think they've finally fixed it with this last revision. I love this game, play it all the time. Fieldrunners - Tower defense, pretty good. Crazy Penguin Catapault - Very fun game but way too short / some points-only levels are basically impossible to fully complete. Urbanspoon - Good app for anyone looking for a new restaurant to try out. Falling Balls - Stupid game that I should probably delete, you control a little stick figure guy and try to avoid falling balls. It was free. Night Stand - I would use this one a lot more if I had a docking station, which is on my list of things (along with buying a nightstand). Pocket God - My current favorite app (other than Shazam), you terrorize little island folk with things like electrical storms and shark attacks. It's hilarious and GREAT for showing off. Great graphics and they're updating every week with new stuff you can do. Card Counter - It's a card counting trainer, you read about how card counting works and then they drill you, 5 levels from Tutorial to Expert. Would be good for anyone who wants card counting to be second nature, fun on a plane ride to Vegas, for instance.My Five Favorite and/or Most Used Apps (not including preloaded):1. Shazam (this really should be a preload)2. Sportacular (so should this, I use it almost daily)3. Space Buster4. Pocket God5. Facebook

go buy iShoot, it's a fun little tank game (replica of the classic game "Scorch" back in the day) where you get a certian amount of money, buy whatever weapons you want, then play against computer tanks. Each time you win, you get more money and get to use the super powerful weapons.also iCopter is really addicting.

Current Apps I have (in addition to the ones that came preloaded):Shazam - Music RecognitionPandora - Radio appSportacular - Absolutely awesome live sports scores app, I use this one constantly but can't recall if I paid for it or notAOL Radio - Self explanatory, and free. Trism - Pretty decent game but I got too good for it to be interesting anymoreFacebook and Myspace - Self explanatory, I use the Facebook one a lot for uploading picturesWikipanion - iPhone wiki, I never use it anymore. Air Sharing - Allows you to use your wireless connection to store files on your iPhone, or so I'm told, I've never actually used it.Cannon Game - It's your basic field artillery game, I should probably delete now that I have...iShoot - A much better field artillery game, but kind of expensive. One of the most popular iPhone games. Cube Runner - Very basic object avoidance game, uses the accelerometer for controlsiLevel - It's a level!Flashlight - Free app that I downloaded and never use since the regular screen is plenty bright enough to light my way. Koi Pond - Cheap app that amuses people who are curious about the iPhone, it's basically for showing off. Labyrinth - One of those "don't let the marble fall through the holes" games, uses the accelerometer. Mostly for showing off.Lightsaber - Self explanatory, makes the lightsaber sounds when you wave it around. Show-off app. Metasquares - I was hoping this would be the return of the awesome AOL game from yesteryear, but it's just you against the computer for now. I never play this anymore. Motochaser - Was fun for a minute, but pretty boring now. You use the accelerometer to control a motorcycle. Good graphics but pretty tedious after a few plays. Air hockey - Was fun for a minute, but gets old fast. Papijump - Amusing little "jump up the platforms" game, my first game that used the accelerometer for controls. Pocketguitar - I barely ever use it because it's hard to control, but a pretty cool proof of concept app and good for showing off. Recorder - I never use this but it's nice to have. Turns the iPhone into a message recorder. Sol Free - Your basic solitaire app. Sudoku - Your basic sudoku app, it's pretty good. Super Ball 2 - It's a block breaker game, pretty decent one. Take Me to My Car - Self Explanatory, uses the maps and GPS functions to show you where you parked. I never use it. Topple - Kind of fun game but it gets old fast. Whitepages - The phone book for anywhere USA, I've used it a few times and I think it's free. Yelp - The same as UrbanSpoon but expanded to include banks, gas stations, etc. I never use it. Biiplane - Fun little game where you control a plane and fly it through obstacles, good graphics. My nieces like this one. Google Earth - Self explanatory and very cool, although I really never use it. Never use the real Google Earth either though. TapDefense - It's a tower defense game, pretty good one but Fieldrunners is better. Space Buster - Great, great block breaking game. Used to be buggy as all hell but I think they've finally fixed it with this last revision. I love this game, play it all the time. Fieldrunners - Tower defense, pretty good. Crazy Penguin Catapault - Very fun game but way too short / some points-only levels are basically impossible to fully complete. Urbanspoon - Good app for anyone looking for a new restaurant to try out. Falling Balls - Stupid game that I should probably delete, you control a little stick figure guy and try to avoid falling balls. It was free. Night Stand - I would use this one a lot more if I had a docking station, which is on my list of things (along with buying a nightstand). Pocket God - My current favorite app (other than Shazam), you terrorize little island folk with things like electrical storms and shark attacks. It's hilarious and GREAT for showing off. Great graphics and they're updating every week with new stuff you can do. Card Counter - It's a card counting trainer, you read about how card counting works and then they drill you, 5 levels from Tutorial to Expert. Would be good for anyone who wants card counting to be second nature, fun on a plane ride to Vegas, for instance.My Five Favorite and/or Most Used Apps (not including preloaded):1. Shazam (this really should be a preload)2. Sportacular (so should this, I use it almost daily)3. Space Buster4. Pocket God5. Facebook
Thanks for all this. I'll get 3 & 4. I already have 1 & 2, but I don't use 1 anymore. I use Midomi instead. Same thing though. I'm also looking at getting biplane, whitepages, and maybe koi pond. Thanks for the choices.
go buy iShoot, it's a fun little tank game (replica of the classic game "Scorch" back in the day) where you get a certian amount of money, buy whatever weapons you want, then play against computer tanks. Each time you win, you get more money and get to use the super powerful weapons.also iCopter is really addicting.
Ok, maybe I'll try out iShoot as well. It sounds a lot like the old "Tank Wars" game.
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to bump, but just got teh IPhone. Thanks AJ for the long list, I will certainly look a lot of those up.My Apps-FacebookShazam - Song finder, hold it up to any radio, tv...etc playing a song. FML - Same as the Fmylife.com website where you just get FML stories. Pretty fun, updated constantly because so many people use it. Fun to read when you get bored, there can be anywhere from 10-20 new FMLs depending on the day.Urbanspoon - Restraunt finder/chooser. You can set location, and type of food, or have it select randomly from your location. FreeLightsaber - It pulls up a lightsaber and when you move the Ipone/Itouch it makes noises(which are very accerate) pretty fun when you get bored. Big Two - Semi-fun Big2 game. The computer players suck and you can't play through WiFi or internet, though. They computers will never say go unless they can't play. The will beat your 7 hi straight with 2s full if they have to. Costs like $2.99 I think. Kinda worth it....Easy though. Just wait out for the computers to spew off the 2s and As...even the Ks and you will have like the 3 nut cards.ZentominoLE - LE is Lite Edition for those who don't know. Very fun puzzle game similar to TanZen for those who have that, but this is MUCH more difficult. All the pieces are constructed from 5 small squares. For example one shape is an L, another is a plus sign. Again, very fun and challenging. The LE comes with 27 puzzles, once I finish them I will probably get the full version.Minesweeper - Self-explanitory there, pretty fun and comes in handy when bored. Lightbike - Fun game where you and 3 computer bike travel around on a track, and you leave a trail. You die if you collide with anybody's trail or you fly off the side. Pretty fun game and worth the 99c. They also have a free edition which is fun, too.Mancala FS5 - Fun Mancala game I used to play a lot when I was a kid. It fun, and was free.Touch4 - Basically connect4. You can play online, too.Pandora - Just like Pandora.com. Type in an artist and it will find similar music.Flood it - Fun puzzle game where you have a grid full of small colored squares(6 colors) and you start with the top left square, then select an adjacent square and they will 'form' and become on color. Try to make the enter grid one color but you only have X amount of moves based on the board size. It's free-try it.Pocket God - Only have this because of aj's post, but it looks like a blasty-blast and got a ton of good reveiws.

There are three apps that I am addicted to these days, actually for quite sometime now...Baseball 09 - pretty in depth game for this type of medium. You can play as the whole team or there is a Be A Pro type mode as a batter or pitcher. Also has an RPG element to it. Mental Blocks - puzzle game I can't stop playing.Flight Control - simply a great game. They just did an update and it is even better. You are in charge of landing planes without having them crash into each other. There are 3 different airfields to choose from. You have a helicopter pad, a small plane runway, and a jet runway and different types of planes show up and you use your finger to draw their flight path to the correct runway. Starts off easy but when you get 12 planes/copters on the screen it gets pretty crazy. This is by far the best game I have played on this medium.

.Flight Control - simply a great game. They just did an update and it is even better. You are in charge of landing planes without having them crash into each other. There are 3 different airfields to choose from. You have a helicopter pad, a small plane runway, and a jet runway and different types of planes show up and you use your finger to draw their flight path to the correct runway. Starts off easy but when you get 12 planes/copters on the screen it gets pretty crazy. This is by far the best game I have played on this medium.
I couldn't agree more so addictive.My high is 119 planes landed. Still haven't worked on the two new airfields. It's a must.