Iphone And Ipod Touch Apps

Just joined the iClub. Last week my father gave me an iTouch. My wife liked it so much she took it and bought me an iPhone (my old Razr was starting to age).Looking forward to trying some of the Apps mentioned above.Whee!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question about the IPhone. I still have a Zune...what is the easiest way to transfer the Zune music to the Iphone? Ive tried just moving files/drag and drop but it doesn't work....Zune tags all the zunes songs so you can only used them via zune. Anyone dealt with this before.Best way I have heard thus far would be to burn all my CDs/Songs onto blank DVDs. Would take a **** long of a time...

Another fun little game I've come across is Kids vs Zombies. It was developed by a guy who posts on another forum I read, and there is a lite version out where you get to play two levels or the full game is 1.99.You get to play as 3 kids guarding a fort overnight from zombie invasions. You can use any of the kids, they all have different attacks and if you survive the night then you get to go to the hardware store and get upgrades. It's simple and fun, and they do a few things to keep the levels interesting like limiting the light or only giving you a flashlist for one person to use who has to light the way for the others to shoot.

One question about the IPhone. I still have a Zune...what is the easiest way to transfer the Zune music to the Iphone? Ive tried just moving files/drag and drop but it doesn't work....Zune tags all the zunes songs so you can only used them via zune. Anyone dealt with this before.Best way I have heard thus far would be to burn all my CDs/Songs onto blank DVDs. Would take a **** long of a time...
I'm not sure if the Zune uses it's own formatting or if they are regular MP3's. But, you might be able to plug in the Zune and then open itunes and go to "File > Add File to Library" or File "> Add Folder to Library" and select the your Zune drive.

Ok, this is gonna sound gay, well yeah probably, but just bought a game called Sally's Spa for .99. But I tried to even it out by buying a baseball game for $4.99.Anyway, the Sally's Spa you basically have to keep building up your spa and making new spas in different cities by keeping your customers happy. Pretty addictive tbh. FMLAlso, is there a way to see a listing of all the .99 apps/games?

Search the app store by price?
Tried. Unless I'm missing something, like is there a link that to apps for .99?

Does the Pandora app retreive from your IPod? That would be kind of redundant, no? I recall Pandora used to stream on the net, but then it stopped working for Canada, so I'd need to know if it works in Canada.

I'm not sure if the Zune uses it's own formatting or if they are regular MP3's. But, you might be able to plug in the Zune and then open itunes and go to "File > Add File to Library" or File "> Add Folder to Library" and select the your Zune drive.
Not working, they are in a different format.
Not working, they are in a different format.
I think you have to put all your MP3s in a folder, open up iTunes and convert the songs. Not sure if you are able to do all the songs all at once or one by one.
Does the Pandora app retreive from your IPod? That would be kind of redundant, no? I recall Pandora used to stream on the net, but then it stopped working for Canada, so I'd need to know if it works in Canada.
There are some apps that only work with the iphone, not the itouch, because of the need for a microphone or a steady wi-fi/phone connection.
There are some apps that only work with the iphone, not the itouch, because of the need for a microphone or a steady wi-fi/phone connection.
Is there a way to get a steady wi-fi connection for the iTouch?
Is there a way to get a steady wi-fi connection for the iTouch?
only at a hotspot, i assume. I have wireless in my house, but outside it's no good. I don't believe it's possible to connect over cell phone lines.
New OS has blue tooth capability, so the microphone problem is easily solved with a blue tooth headset.Could have used a mini USB one before that if you wanted to.

The 3Gs just came out in Canada today... I conveniently lost my phone somewhere between beer pong and betting way too much per hand on blackjack at the IP a couple weeks ago, sooooo I picked one up. Really cool. Spending all day downloading apps now.

The 3Gs just came out in Canada today... I conveniently lost my phone somewhere between beer pong and betting way too much per hand on blackjack at the IP a couple weeks ago, sooooo I picked one up. Really cool. Spending all day downloading apps now.
It's also very useful for jotting down prop bets at bars when you and your friends are all too drunk to remember who had what. Just don't leave in in the middle of the table because it gets sticky and you spend a week trying to get it back to normal.
Pocket God is quite amusing indeed, I recommend it for anyone who likes pointless funny apps. Basically you're the God of a tiny little Pacific island and your entire purpose for being is to torture the island people who are unfortunate enough to be under your thumb. Shark attacks, lighning strikes, earthquakes, volcanos...and they're still updating the app every week with new stuff. I'm very easily amused, so know that before spending the $2 or however much.
Somehow I'm not surprised you like this game.

I downloaded Stealth Grenade today, and it amused me like none other. It basically sends off a high-pitched sound that, in most cases, will only be heard by people below the age of 20. I couldnt hear a thing....all my guards were getting annoyed though....twas quite hilarious

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how/if I can make a personalized ring tone with an Iphone?

Does anyone know how/if I can make a personalized ring tone with an Iphone?
Yes, you can, through iTunes. The catch is that you can only use music that you purchased from iTunes, and you have to pay $.99 to make the ringtone, so basically you have to buy the song you want to use twice.Once you have the song, you can go into the iTunes ringtone maker and decide where you want the ringtone to start and stop. I've only done it once, but it was pretty easy.
Yes, you can, through iTunes. The catch is that you can only use music that you purchased from iTunes, and you have to pay $.99 to make the ringtone, so basically you have to buy the song you want to use twice.Once you have the song, you can go into the iTunes ringtone maker and decide where you want the ringtone to start and stop. I've only done it once, but it was pretty easy.
sonofa... I want to make a voice memo into a ringtone.