Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

There are Black Panthers at polling places in Philadelphia trying to intimidate white people.
Probably won't work too well in Philly where white people won't take it. Would work like a charm in a state like Minnesota, though, where hordes of uber-naive white people worship Negroes like gods, motivated by a combination of their own fear and self loathing.
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. Talk about it.
although some of this is exaggerated and the site is certainly partisan (although when its not election time, tpmuckraker actually does a pretty job of exposing just how corrupt both parties are), its just funny to me that people dont see how a suit and a briefcase have become much more powerful tools for this sort of thing than a nightstick and a uniform.heres a post from the other link that is a little more focused
There are Black Panthers at polling places in Philadelphia trying to intimidate white people.
And the white guy who was in charge rang the police on the Fox News crew and stood chatting to the black panther guy. That reporter was pretty cool though
One of the best things that will come from Obama's victory is that minorities cannot no longer complain about "society" holding them back. RIP Lame Excuses.
wow... this shows such a lack of understanding... do you go to cross burnings often???edit: btw, im white

All the race talk, and Black is a small part of his genetic Heritage. I think one of his grandparents on his father's side was black. He's 50%white (mother's side) 43.75% arabic and only 6.25% black on his father's side. By American law, he can't really claim black. African yes, but not black. Let's face it, when people say African American, they mean black african.

I'm angry that they're going to try really hard not to leak early exit polls. I mean, come on. Yes, I know that they're horribly biased, but you've got to give me something. I can't wait until like 6 or something to be satisfied.

I'm angry that they're going to try really hard not to leak early exit polls. I mean, come on. Yes, I know that they're horribly biased, but you've got to give me something. I can't wait until like 6 or something to be satisfied.
I don't understand how they can do all the computations etc when a lot of people did absentee or provisional ballots. Don't those take time to process? Or are they such a small proportion of votes that they don't make any difference? I can see how it would be possible to calculate the electoral college without knowing the popular vote yet.
I don't understand how they can do all the computations etc when a lot of people did absentee or provisional ballots. Don't those take time to process? Or are they such a small proportion of votes that they don't make any difference? I can see how it would be possible to calculate the electoral college without knowing the popular vote yet.
Absentee ballots aren't counted at all today in my understanding. Yes they are a very small fraction of the votes. I believe in some places they don't even need to be in by today, just in the mail by today. I dunno for sure though.
I'm going to to guarentee that the dems will be ahead in early exit poll results.Many of them are on unemployement, disabliity, or are married to a sugar daddy. Or their parents are paying for their school.So the early votes always go left
I'm going to to guarentee that the dems will be ahead in early exit poll results.Many of them are on unemployement, disabliity, or are married to a sugar daddy. Or their parents are paying for their school.So the early votes always go left
And they are more likely to agree to be polled since they dont have a real job to get to and can waste thetime.
Well obviously. That's why Kerry did so well on the "leaked" early exit polls last time around even though he eventually got his butt handed to him. But still, it's better than nothing.
Well obviously. That's why Kerry did so well on the "leaked" early exit polls last time around even though he eventually got his butt handed to him. But still, it's better than nothing.
You've had 6 months of Obamamaniayou need more?Man you liberals are selfishwhen you going to get back to destroying the universe in the name of science?

as a fan of obama:i'm living in the 3rd most liberal city in the country (behind detroit and geary) berkeley, ca. i've been to both geary and detroit and i can say pretty confidently that berkeley has the largest communal feel of the three. so from my perspective i'm living in the best city to be in on the most important election of my life thus far. it's very rare that i brag on this forum, but i feel like if obama wins then today is the day i get to tell my grandchildren about because i was there (here).the atmosphere here is figuratively eclectic. even if i end up conservative i think it will still be something.also i will never have been so proud to be an american.

as a fan of obama:i'm living in the 3rd most liberal city in the country (behind detroit and geary) berkeley, ca. i've been to both geary and detroit and i can say pretty confidently that berkeley has the largest communal feel of the three. so from my perspective i'm living in the best city to be in on the most important election of my life thus far. it's very rare that i brag on this forum, but i feel like if obama wins then today is the day i get to tell my grandchildren about because i was there (here).the atmosphere here is figuratively eclectic. even if i end up conservative i think it will still be something.also i will never have been so proud to be an american.
Oh...it'll be somthin' all right
wow... this shows such a lack of understanding... do you go to cross burnings often???
LOL, over-react much? I'm not even sure what your objection is to my statement, but if you have one, I'd be happy to discuss it with you. Are you saying that minorities will be entitled to use the "society hates us" excuse until the end of time, no matter what level of success they reach?
You're saying that even if we invade Canada, outlaw hockey and back bacon, and sell Quebec to Norway, you wouldn't be prouder than you would be if we allow the presidency to become an entry level positon?
All the race talk, and Black is a small part of his genetic Heritage. I think one of his grandparents on his father's side was black. He's 50%white (mother's side) 43.75% arabic and only 6.25% black on his father's side. By American law, he can't really claim black. African yes, but not black. Let's face it, when people say African American, they mean black african.
youre insane
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the atmosphere here is figuratively eclectic.
I'm having a hard time processing this statement. You put two words together that stump my comprehension level but I'm admittedly slow. I'm curious though. If McCain wins, you'd still be a proud American?
You're saying that even if we invade Canada, outlaw hockey and back bacon, and sell Quebec to Norway, you wouldn't be prouder than you would be if we allow the presidency to become an entry level positon?
this is being results oriented. my brain doesn't work that way so i even have difficulty getting the joke. the important thing, as far as i'm concerned, is that americans take a conscious effort in voting and realizing the importance of it.and even if history proves that obama wasn't the right choice it doesn't matter because what does matter is the decision to educate yourself, love your fellow man, and vote with your heart (for me that vote is for obama though i realize it's mc cain for a lot of people).
I'm having a hard time processing this statement. You put two words together that stump my comprehension level but I'm admittedly slow.
people always misuse "literally" for emphasis instead of clarification. if i were to say the atmosphere is literally electric i would be lying because the atmosphere is not "literally" electric (as far as i know, but i don't know physics that well) and to say so is to misuse literally as a term of emphasis. i used "figuratively" as a little play there by using it correctly (for clarification) when most people would never assume that i meant that it was electrically dangerous outside.
I'm curious though. If McCain wins, you'd still be a proud American?
i don't think i'll be quite so proud, i was more speaking from the perspective of "if obama gets elected."but i do enjoy the spirit of the whole matter and think we will come out a better country no matter the results of this election.
people always misuse "literally" for emphasis instead of clarification. if i were to say the atmosphere is literally electric i would be lying because the atmosphere is not "literally" electric (as far as i know, but i don't know physics that well) and to say so is to misuse literally as a term of emphasis. i used "figuratively" as a little play there by using it correctly (for clarification) when most people would never assume that i meant that it was electrically dangerous outside.
I believe his pseudo-miscomprehension stems from the fact that you wrote "eclectic" instead of "electric," which gives it an entirely different meaning.
electric makes soooo much more sense. I should have been able to figure that out. You wordsmith mutha fucka's make me think too much. Even on simple typos, literally.
i don't think i'll be quite so proud, i was more speaking from the perspective of "if obama gets elected."but i do enjoy the spirit of the whole matter and think we will come out a better country no matter the results of this election.
I've committed to leaving this country if JM wins the election. That'd pretty much suck for me. So would admitting Americans are blinded by propaganda and duped once again by a Republican administration that has gone so far from the basis of their 80's ideology that they should be named two different parties.For better or worse, the world would be a different place if Gore had been granted the presidency.