Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

but we never should have gone into Iraq.
well we agree on some things.I, for one, am looking forward to watching the NFL without nonstop election commercials.
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. im lost! wtf are you talking about? And who/where was it, the WSJ? that said that things have returned more to normal without the volatility of recent months? What a maroon.
Yesterday, when the market was "up", I scaled in huge into a few ultrashort ETF's and posted about it in this thread, knowing that a dump was inevitable after Saddams election (which was in the bag) and the market coming off a nice bump. The one-day (today) performance of those ETF's is as follows.SMN (+13.38%), MZZ (+9.79%), SDS (+8.74%),DXD (+9.61%), TWM (+10.28%)QID (+10.47%)Cliffs Notes: I win.
Yesterday, when the market was "up", I scaled in huge into a few ultrashort ETF's and posted about it in this thread, knowing that a dump was inevitable after Saddams election (which was in the bag) and the market coming off a nice bump. The one-day (today) performance of those ETF's is as follows.SMN (+13.38%), MZZ (+9.79%), SDS (+8.74%),DXD (+9.61%), TWM (+10.28%)QID (+10.47%)Cliffs Notes: I win.
Statistically your were going to win, free money.
Personally, I would have had it all in SMN. That way you would have gotten the best return on your $$. :club:
GO BAMA!
ok. im lost! wtf are you talking about? And who/where was it, the WSJ? that said that things have returned more to normal without the volatility of recent months? What a maroon.
normally it means the Wall Street Journal

I 'll tell you one thing.. if Obama does an even half way decent job, his face is gonna end up on the money. It might not happen in my life time, but it will happen. They'll mint a 2 dollar coin or bump Ben Franklin off the hundo or something. Book it.

I 'll tell you one thing.. if Obama does an even half way decent job, his face is gonna end up on the money. It might not happen in my life time, but it will happen. They'll mint a 2 dollar coin or bump Ben Franklin off the hundo or something. Book it.
Whats the preferred denomination for snorting coke?

So here's my final analysis on the Bradley Effect issue. Based on Rasmussen Poll, Bradley Effect is Obama's lead in the poll minus his lead in the actual results. Positive numbers are Bradley effect, negative are "reverse-Bradley". State Bradley EffectAlabama 1Alaska 10Arizona 4Arkansas 10California 3Colorado -3Connecticut -4Delaware -8Florida 2Georgia 0Hawaii -4Idaho -14Illinois -3Indiana -8Iowa -1Kansas 3Kentucky 5Louisiana 3Maine -5Maryland 0Massachusetts 2Michigan -6Minnesota 2Mississippi 6Missouri 2Montana -1Nebraska -3Nevada -8New Hampshire -6New Jersey -7New Mexico -5New York -5North Carolina 1North Dakota -6Ohio 0Oklahoma 1Oregon -2Pennsylvania -5Rhode Island -10South Carolina -2South Dakota -1Tennessee 3Texas 1Utah -3Vermont -11Virginia -1Washington -6West Virginia 4Wisconsin -6Wyoming 1311 states showed a Bradley effect >= 3 points. 22 states showed a Reverse Bradley effect >=3 points. Average effect is -1.36. At least with regards to this poll, there was no systematic Bradley Effect for this election, and if anything more states showed the opposite effect.

(AmScray @ Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, 7:49 PM) *Good thing the market rallied today so I could get a discount on a few ultrashort ETF"s.Hooray for shares of SMN, MZZ, SDS, DXD, TWM and QID.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I'm out....In two days, achieved percentage gains in my equities portfolio equal to what most people pray to get over the course of an entire year.Thanks Saddam Hussein Osama*! I scalped ass as the market plunged while a bunch of individual shareholders like fixed income retirees, pension funds and 'hard working company men' are suffering.(* can't really blame this on Saddam, but it will be fun to do to him what the retards on the left did to Bush for the past 8 years)