Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

If Obama gets elected, racism is over?
I don't think it's disputed that Obama is going into today with a large lead in the polls. If he gets elected, it means the people supporting him in the polls followed through in the voting booth. I'm not convinced he will win, much less in a landslide. His brown skin may keep many people from voting for him even though they prefer his platform better than McCain's. If this happens, then the election will be viewed as very much about race. As you can see, I have very little confidence in the American public at large.
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's disputed that Obama is going into today with a large lead in the polls. If he gets elected, it means the people supporting him in the polls followed through in the voting booth. I'm not convinced he will win, much less in a landslide. His brown skin may keep many people from voting for him even though they prefer his platform better than McCain's. If this happens, then the election will be viewed as very much about race. As you can see, I have very little confidence in the American public at large.
So it's not possible to decide that the idea that taking money from the rich and handing it out to the poor isn't palatable to Americans?If he loses, it's strictly because of his race, not his politics?Not that some people are voting for him just because he is black, and some are voting against him just because he is black, but they cancel each other out imo

I've come to the decision that I'm free rolling on this election. On one hand, I'd slightly prefer Obama to win, and if he does, fantastic. On the other hand, If McCain wins, there will be fantastic race riots, and we haven't really had a good race riot since Rodney King, so it should be highly entertaining. I live in Nebraska, and since we don't really have black people, I don't really have to fear these riots actually effecting me. I can just pop some popcorn and watch the flames rise into tonight safely on TV in my living room. Basically, either way I win.

How long will it be till the results come in?The election is at night time for me, and I have school tomorrow which I can't skip so i'm going to have to devise a haphazard sleeping plan to make sure I don't miss the good bits.

How long will it be till the results come in?The election is at night time for me, and I have school tomorrow which I can't skip so i'm going to have to devise a haphazard sleeping plan to make sure I don't miss the good bits.
If Obama wins, MSNBC will report it firstIf McCain wins, FOX News will report it first

One of the best things that will come from Obama's victory is that minorities cannot no longer complain about "society" holding them back. RIP Lame Excuses.

It was over when McCain got the nomination.So go to school and find a proffession that pays under $150K a year
Check back in late December.The courts hopefully will have it worked out by then.
FYP, you're a few days behind.
Sorry, golf tournament for 2 days raising money for Habitat for Humanity.Wanted to raise some money for the poor before they no longer exist.
Well then they can throw those votes out.Just like they threw them out in Florida in 2000and by they, I mean the democrats who are very happy to disenfranchise voters if they lean republicanGoing to be hard to say you support the troops after you vote against their funding, and then throw away their votes, and yet I don't see any problem with the Obama camp doing just that
Actually my son in law voted for Obama. Our Democratic jr senator was the only one who was helpful with getting him treated for his PTSD (and some other alphabetical thing that I can't remember but has to do with anger I think). Anyway this kid has been trying to get treatment for over a year since he came back from his 2nd tour and got stonewalled at every turn. So my daughter finally wrote to all our congresspeople and Tester was the one who acted on their behalf. He's now getting treatment and is not to be deployed for another year to make sure he's okay. So not all your soldiers are McCain supporters hun.
TIVO is your friend.
Well then they can throw those votes out.Just like they threw them out in Florida in 2000and by they, I mean the democrats who are very happy to disenfranchise voters if they lean republicanGoing to be hard to say you support the troops after you vote against their funding, and then throw away their votes, and yet I don't see any problem with the Obama camp doing just that
meh im not so sure about that. i havent seen any numbers recently on the subject, but the last time i saw, military employees had contributed more to obama (and ron paul until he dropped out) than mccain. i think they kinda wanna come home and stop waiting for old people in suits to declare "victory"?
So glad I voted nearly 2 weeks ago. 10 minutes round trip from parking lot. They showed somewhere in Ohio last night said people were waiting 4 hours. Fuckkkkkk that.
I'm glad I went 20 minutes ago instead of earlier or later. I was in and out of the polling place in like 10 minutes.
One of the best things that will come from Obama's victory is that minorities cannot no longer complain about "society" holding them back. RIP Lame Excuses.
If that's true, then good. I can't stand that crap.
meh im not so sure about that. i havent seen any numbers recently on the subject, but the last time i saw, military employees had contributed more to obama (and ron paul until he dropped out) than mccain. i think they kinda wanna come home and stop waiting for old people in suits to declare "victory"?
It's tough to poll the Military in the field (obv) but Army Times did a small one awhile back based on its readership, I think it went strongly for McCain.
It's tough to poll the Military in the field (obv) but Army Times did a small one awhile back based on its readership, I think it went strongly for McCain.
yeah checking it out now, mccain passed barack a couple weeks ago on military donations but the difference is fairly negligible, and obama was still leading in donations from soldiers in uniform.im not trying to say that the military has a democratic lean now, just that it cant be counted as automatically a giant boost anymore for the repub. which is especially surprising since mccain is that republican. it speaks volumes about 1) just how wacky this election has become, and/or 2) just how much opinion has turned on iraq as a worthwhile war (and this isnt public opinion, this is people who are actually there)as far as that survey you referenced, it is herehowever, responding to bg's earlier post about votes being ignored or thrown out, here is this
There are Black Panthers at polling places in Philadelphia trying to intimidate white people.
wanna talk about any of the gop voter suppression efforts on a much larger, scarier, more bureaucratic scale?no, just the two black guys with nightsticks? sigh, okay.
Lol what? Did she ask you for ID? :club:
no.
wanna talk about any of the gop voter suppression efforts on a much larger, scarier, more bureaucratic scale?no, just the two black guys with nightsticks? sigh, okay.
ok. Talk about it.
There are Black Panthers at polling places in Philadelphia trying to intimidate white people.
Just heard about this. They were also threatening a CNN reporter. C N N !tip of the iceberg imo.....
ok. Talk about it.
which one? if its the gop thing, lemme put some links together for you all.if were talking about the "black panthers", i think thats a shame. i also think they're wasting their time intimidating people in philly, where a large number, if not the majority, of white people will be voting for obama.i also dont think its a huge deal. get them out of there, which has been done, and let the people vote.

I can't believe no one has a fake Obama/McCain account. I am so pissed I wasted my last e-mail address on a fake FCP Bob account. It was instabanned. :club: