Official 2008 Presidential Election Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus this is swingy...Obama just swung way ahead in FL, and NC is going to be close now. Exciting and stupifying at the same time.
Early on don't get too excited as the numbers in a State can be totally off depending on where the polls that have reported are. If the Polls are from the Real Virginia then McCain will look better than if they are from the Fake Virginia in the North of the State for example.
Early on don't get too excited as the numbers in a State can be totally off depending on where the polls that have reported are. If the Polls are from the Real Virginia then McCain will look better than if they are from the Fake Virginia in the North of the State for example.
Very true. Apparently all the pundits are just realizing that most of the polling was done in what we call NoVa, where it's a lot more purple or blue than SW and central va. Still, all votes count the same.
Seriously, how the heck does Obama get into election day with a 4% polling lead and then lose by, what is he behind, 12% now??
Are you serious? 94% of polling places haven't reported yet.
Seriously, how the heck does Obama get into election day with a 4% polling lead and then lose by, what is he behind, 12% now??
Really, is this your first election?These are insanely early, preliminary results that don't account for huge swaths of yet-to-be-tallied votes. They mean nothing. 2004countymap-final.gif
Yep. So that means I'm wrong about VA? Dude, I wasn't saying what I was saying bc I'm for or against McCain.
They just called SC for McCain and he's 10% behind... i don't get it.
Yep. So that means I'm wrong about VA? Dude, I wasn't saying what I was saying bc I'm for or against McCain.
According to CNN, the majority of polls already counted in VA are in south-central VA. Not exactly Obama country.
According to CNN, the majority of polls already counted in VA are in south-central VA. Not exactly Obama country.
Only about 4 counties make up NoVa and several make up the south central VA region you're saying. We can beat our heads against the wall but let's just wait and see.
In general the first polls to report will usually be from smaller towns and not large urban centers. Also the places where there are long lines which are more likely to be in cities will stay open until everybody who was in line at the poll's closing time has a chance to vote.
Obama wins Pennsylvania according to NBC and ABC.
With 0% of ballots counted. lol. Am I old fashioned that I want to actually see 1 vote counted before a key battleground state is awarded to someone?I like CNN's coverage so far the best out of any network fwiw.