Daniel Day 1 Main Event

Wow...Just wow...I know it's set over set, but Negreanu didn't seem to play well today considering he was down to 14000 before. Kind of a huge let down and just...Not good
Nice facegg Daniel, brutal cooler. Nice series
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse. Could lose with Quads against a Royal.
<sw> But that's no reason to go broke. Here's an example of how not to go broke with quads, from a couple days ago.Seat 5 - SHOFO0 ($19.54 in chips)Seat 1 - GOKHANCIMENS ($15.32 in chips)Seat 2 - YANIRBI ($19.97 in chips)Seat 3 - POTATOMAN79 ($21.42 in chips)Seat 4 - CAOS009 ($17.88 in chips)GOKHANCIMENS - Posts small blind $0.05YANIRBI - Posts big blind $0.10*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to POTATOMAN79 [3d 5s] POTATOMAN79 - FoldsCAOS009 - Raises $0.40 to $0.40SHOFO0 - FoldsGOKHANCIMENS - FoldsYANIRBI - Calls $0.30*** FLOP *** [Kc Qc Kh]YANIRBI - ChecksCAOS009 - Checks*** TURN *** [Kc Qc Kh] [Ah]YANIRBI - Bets $0.10CAOS009 - Raises $0.50 to $0.50YANIRBI - Raises $0.90 to $1CAOS009 - Calls $0.50*** RIVER *** [Kc Qc Kh Ah] [Qh]YANIRBI - ChecksCAOS009 - Bets $1.50YANIRBI - Calls $1.50*** SHOW DOWN ***CAOS009 - Shows [Qd Qs] (Four of a kind, queens) YANIRBI - Shows [10h Jh] (Royal flush) YANIRBI Collects $5.56 from main potSee, you play your quads like CAOS009 here and you're still in the game...Daniel obviously overplayed his set...</sw>GG DN. Great series.
<sw> But that's no reason to go broke. Here's an example of how not to go broke with quads, from a couple days ago.Seat 5 - SHOFO0 ($19.54 in chips)Seat 1 - GOKHANCIMENS ($15.32 in chips)Seat 2 - YANIRBI ($19.97 in chips)Seat 3 - POTATOMAN79 ($21.42 in chips)Seat 4 - CAOS009 ($17.88 in chips)GOKHANCIMENS - Posts small blind $0.05YANIRBI - Posts big blind $0.10*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to POTATOMAN79 [3d 5s] POTATOMAN79 - FoldsCAOS009 - Raises $0.40 to $0.40SHOFO0 - FoldsGOKHANCIMENS - FoldsYANIRBI - Calls $0.30*** FLOP *** [Kc Qc Kh]YANIRBI - ChecksCAOS009 - Checks*** TURN *** [Kc Qc Kh] [Ah]YANIRBI - Bets $0.10CAOS009 - Raises $0.50 to $0.50YANIRBI - Raises $0.90 to $1CAOS009 - Calls $0.50*** RIVER *** [Kc Qc Kh Ah] [Qh]YANIRBI - ChecksCAOS009 - Bets $1.50YANIRBI - Calls $1.50*** SHOW DOWN ***CAOS009 - Shows [Qd Qs] (Four of a kind, queens) YANIRBI - Shows [10h Jh] (Royal flush) YANIRBI Collects $5.56 from main potSee, you play your quads like CAOS009 here and you're still in the game...Daniel obviously overplayed his set...</sw>GG DN. Great series.
BBJACKPOT gaddamn
Damnit set over set! Just not your day, Daniel.You had a great overall world series, congrats on the bracelet and 200k from Ivey. Better luck next year in the HORSE and Main Event.
Based on your posts in these threads I have to assume that 1. you are very very young and 2. you have very very little experience actually playing poker and really don't understand the concepts of variance and results oriented thinking.
Based on his FCP profile, he's 15. He's probably been playing for two or more years. Doesn't that make him an experienced adult in the world of online poker?

look on the bright side, now he can make an assload of money from some jamie-gold-like donk who makes the FT and decides that since it's 3 months away they'd better get someone to actually teach them how to play the game. I say go for 25% danny

gg Daniel, I am sure he gave it his all, remember part of it is the cards you are dealtso if you get crap sometimes it doesn't help cause you can't always bluff. Over all you had a very good seris, and a much better one than Ivey. Season 7 is just beginning that's if the WPT can iron out there issue's gl at the Cash games and on the greensYou did an awesome job on the WSOP committee :club::ts:D:D:4h:5c

Yikes. Sometimes I forget this forum is for everybody to suck up to Negreanu and take things out of context. Lets not act like I came in here and said OMG NEGREANU IS TEH TERRIBLE. I'm a GIANT Negreanu fan and I honestly follow the WSOP as close as I do because of him. I hardly said anything bad about him so for the love of god calm down. I pretty much said it was disappointing and I'm disappointed that he didn't last more than a couple of hours. I strongly believe Negreanu is better than 98% of the field he's up against, but today for whatever reason he clearly wasn't his day. He's human and he loses. A lot of this tournament is luck, but it's not crazy to say he might of had a bad day. Is it really that hard to think he had one bad day? Chills peeps. Chill.

Yikes. Sometimes I forget this forum is for everybody to suck up to Negreanu and take things out of context. Lets not act like I came in here and said OMG NEGREANU IS TEH TERRIBLE. I'm a GIANT Negreanu fan and I honestly follow the WSOP as close as I do because of him. I hardly said anything bad about him so for the love of god calm down. I pretty much said it was disappointing and I'm disappointed that he didn't last more than a couple of hours. I strongly believe Negreanu is better than 98% of the field he's up against, but today for whatever reason he clearly wasn't his day. He's human and he loses. A lot of this tournament is luck, but it's not crazy to say he might of had a bad day. Is it really that hard to think he had one bad day? Chills peeps. Chill.
People are razzing on you for making the following naive statement.
Wow...Just wow...I know it's set over set, but Negreanu didn't seem to play well today considering he was down to 14000 before. Kind of a huge let down and just...Not good
You are becoming more result-oriented in this case, stating that he didn't seem to be playing well due to being down to 14k. In all reality many things could have happened. With a top pro such as DN or anyone else, it is important that someone comes with a strong mindset. The veterans come well-prepared to take it down, for the most part.If someone gets 6k in the middle with a set, then have a flush get rivered and have to fold, does that mean they are playing bad?
Daniel's latest video blog, he quickly talks about his bustout while doing some signings at the Poker VT Booth.Check it out
Anyone know Paul's screen name from the video blog???
Yikes. Sometimes I forget this forum is for everybody to suck up to Negreanu and take things out of context. Lets not act like I came in here and said OMG NEGREANU IS TEH TERRIBLE.
it has nothing to do with you attacking daniel . its the retatrded statements you make that any one with poker knowledge knows is a complete joke. every time i see you post in these its omg hes lost 5k in chips he playing so bad .. or hes short stack he must be playing to loose yadda yadda . poker is a swingy game you can play your best and lose that doesnt mean you played bad .
Anyone know Paul's screen name from the video blog???
Paul Brevand or some thing close to that .
it has nothing to do with you attacking daniel . its the retatrded statements you make that any one with poker knowledge knows is a complete joke. every time i see you post in these its omg hes lost 5k in chips he playing so bad .. or hes short stack he must be playing to loose yadda yadda . poker is a swingy game you can play your best and lose that doesnt mean you played bad . Paul Brevard or some thing close to that .
FYP
.. or hes short stack he must be playing to loose yadda yadda
I never said that~
THe prayer guy???? So is it PokerVT or the payer the reason he's made those final tables???? :club:
LOL dude! Since I don't pray to win I guess it's pokervt. Are you in the ME?The way this ME is going, I predict I will last 30 minutes in and catch quads against bigger quads. From the pros and friends I have talked to, this has been pretty sick. One thing I like to say though. I hope I have a bad beat story to tell and not a "I thought I could bluff him" story to tell, if I get canned.
People are razzing on you for making the following naive statement.You are becoming more result-oriented in this case, stating that he didn't seem to be playing well due to being down to 14k. In all reality many things could have happened. With a top pro such as DN or anyone else, it is important that someone comes with a strong mindset. The veterans come well-prepared to take it down, for the most part.If someone gets 6k in the middle with a set, then have a flush get rivered and have to fold, does that mean they are playing bad?
Well put. I would have responded like an a$$hole.

I was down to 14500 but when that final hand was played I had 20,500. I would have had a field day at that table if I didnt lose that pot. Total novice players and easily trapped. I play faster in the ME than any other tournament by a long shot because my post flop edge is bigger in that event than any other due to the deep stacked start.

I was down to 14500 but when that final hand was played I had 20,500. I would have had a field day at that table if I didnt lose that pot. Total novice players and easily trapped. I play faster in the ME than any other tournament by a long shot because my post flop edge is bigger in that event than any other due to the deep stacked start.
DN as I said too you last year you still seem to have troubles with donkfests. Not specifically referencing to the last hand.After watching lots of the Small ball video on PVT I'm wondering about SB's effectiveness against weaker players? When you are playing against people at a level where some of them are only playing their cards not thinking about what others have do you think small ball can be an effective strategy?
DN as I said too you last year you still seem to have troubles with donkfests. Not specifically referencing to the last hand.After watching lots of the Small ball video on PVT I'm wondering about SB's effectiveness against weaker players? When you are playing against people at a level where some of them are only playing their cards not thinking about what others have do you think small ball can be an effective strategy?
lol.