Daniel Day 1 Main Event

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck daniel ;)make it to at least day 3 :club:

gl daniel take it down

I'm pretty sure that they have 2 TV tables and no there isn't any sort of live stream to my knowledge since ESPN is taping it for broadcast.

Elsewhere in the FieldErick Lindgren is at the ESPN TV table and his good friend Daniel Negreanu is playing at the feature table just outside the Milwaukee's Best Light Lounge. Also playing today are Haralabos Voulgaris and David Bach.

Can't wait to hear Norman Chad on this one Playing a Different GameWhile every other table in the Amazon Room is playing with blinds of 50 and 100, the players at Blue #1 (Jamie Gold's table) are playing with blinds of 25 and 50. Neither the dealer nor any of the players at the table seem to have noticed or cared. We'll keep an eye on it to see how long it takes before someone mentions it to the dealer.Gold has played almost every hand so far. One of his opponents just asked him where his banner is (banners of past champions are hung around the Amazon Room). He replied, "It's two over from the question mark. There's the question mark for this year, Jerry Yang for last year, then me."Playing a Different Game -- UpdateForty-five minutes into Level 1, a new dealer pushed into Blue #1. The players in the blinds had posted 25 and 50, prompting the dealer to ask them to post 50 and 100. Imagine nine players looking somewhat stunned, then all simultaneously turning to look at the tournament clock to confirm that yes, the blinds have been 50 and 100 for the whole level."Whoops," said Jamie Gold. "We've been playing our own game over here."

Can't wait to hear Norman Chad on this one Playing a Different GameWhile every other table in the Amazon Room is playing with blinds of 50 and 100, the players at Blue #1 (Jamie Gold's table) are playing with blinds of 25 and 50. Neither the dealer nor any of the players at the table seem to have noticed or cared. We'll keep an eye on it to see how long it takes before someone mentions it to the dealer.Gold has played almost every hand so far. One of his opponents just asked him where his banner is (banners of past champions are hung around the Amazon Room). He replied, "It's two over from the question mark. There's the question mark for this year, Jerry Yang for last year, then me."
I can...he's awful.

This is also pretty sneaky IMO, i hope the gun carrying ettiquete in the Rio is that you must be unarmed at all timeAccidently On PurposeA pot was raised to 350 and a player called the floor after he "accidently" put too many chips out into the pot. The extra chips would actually be a raise of 1,050 more. The floor was called and the player stated that he only wanted to call the 350 raise. The floor forced the chips to go into the pot. Two players then called the 1,050 raise.After the flop, the "accidental" raiser bet out 2,200 and everyone folded. The player then showed AA . Several players were upset over the play, but the floor was not called back.

This is also pretty sneaky IMO, i hope the gun carrying ettiquete in the Rio is that you must be unarmed at all timeAccidently On PurposeA pot was raised to 350 and a player called the floor after he "accidently" put too many chips out into the pot. The extra chips would actually be a raise of 1,050 more. The floor was called and the player stated that he only wanted to call the 350 raise. The floor forced the chips to go into the pot. Two players then called the 1,050 raise.After the flop, the "accidental" raiser bet out 2,200 and everyone folded. The player then showed AA . Several players were upset over the play, but the floor was not called back.
Not F'ing cool.
Isn't a perfect defense for murder in some parts of the US that he "needed killin". That guy with the AA needs killin.
Not F'ing cool.
LOL hilarious. He was absolutely retarded for showing his hand if he didn't need to, however. Some tourney directors will suspend you/DQ you for that kind of move.
Does Anyone know sth about Negreanus Chipcount?
Poker News has Daniel Negreanu 14500 but we can't really put a lot of faith in how accurate these counts are going to be.

Daniel Negreanu EliminatedIt's a case of cruel and unusual punishment for Daniel Negreanu in today's Main Event. After seeing his stack slip a bit during the day, he was just eliminated when he flopped a set of sixes to his opponent's set of nines and all the money went in.Making matters worse, Negreanu had some trouble leaving the feature table area because of the crowd thronging around to watch him play. Spectators were asking to take pictures as Daniel tried to make his way from the Amazon room.