Will not start the season anywhere. I know this....
you are 100% wrong..I know this myself.He will be in training camp next month.
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serge, I'm not guessing here, I know.
There is no way you KNOW...Because Mats himself doesnt know. I am sure a player or a reporter that you talked to told you this, however its just not true.UNLESS you just got back from Sweden and played a round of golf with Mats then I retract my comments. If that were to happen, Mats reputation in the hockey world would be tarnished forever. Its not doing so well right now, with all the promises that have been made(or have been perceived to be made).I am 100% positive he will not do what you suggest he will do, meaning pull a Niedermayer,Selanne, Forsberg. Or I dont believe he will retire.
There is no way you KNOW...Because Mats himself doesnt know. I am sure a player or a reporter that you talked to told you this, however its just not true.UNLESS you just got back from Sweden and played a round of golf with Mats then I retract my comments. If that were to happen, Mats reputation in the hockey world would be tarnished forever. Its not doing so well right now, with all the promises that have been made(or have been perceived to be made).I am 100% positive he will not do what you suggest he will do, meaning pull a Niedermayer,Selanne, Forsberg. Or I dont believe he will retire.
If Favre can come back and play for the Jets then Sundin can come back and play for.... the Islanders.
If Favre can come back and play for the Jets then Sundin can come back and play for.... the Islanders.
I think what Daniel is saying is that Mats wont be playing for any team when training camp rolls around...BTW if Mats suits up for the Islanders, i will eat my computer
I think what Daniel is saying is that Mats wont be playing for any team when training camp rolls around...BTW if Mats suits up for the Islanders, i will eat my computer
Quoted for posterity, just in case.ONE TIME, dealer!

I think it will be the new thing with older superstar players. Missed the first few months use Dec and Jan as training camp than be fresh for the playoffs. I recall a couple of Anaheim players doing this. Smart move for Sundin this way you can see which team has a good chance for the cup and also be well rested.

I think it will be the new thing with older superstar players. Missed the first few months use Dec and Jan as training camp than be fresh for the playoffs. I recall a couple of Anaheim players doing this. Smart move for Sundin this way you can see which team has a good chance for the cup and also be well rested.
he has said numerous times that he doesnt want to do this..If he does, he will lose(if hasnt already) lose all credibility that he has.
he has said numerous times that he doesnt want to do this..If he does, he will lose(if hasnt already) lose all credibility that he has.
It is exactly what he's doing. He will not be in a training camp.
It is exactly what he's doing. He will not be in a training camp.
So essentially you are calling Mats a liar. If this is the case I have lost all respect for the big Swede. Also I believe that Bettman should step in and not allow this to happen. The whole Niedermayer,Selanne and the annoying Forsberg situations have left a sour taste in my mouth. I still hold out hope that Mats wont do this, but if he does I have no respect for him as a hockey player and a human being.Mats statements(not rumours) to the media and the public.-" I dont want to play for any other team and would like to retire a Maple Leaf"-" I have no desire to go to a team in mid season and try and win a Cup, its not the same thing"-" I will let everyone know of my decision sometime in August"-" I will definetely make my decision before training camp starts"Like I said if he does what you are suggesting, it saddenes me, it makes me upset and it makes me disgusted that a player that I have respected for all these years will do this.
So essentially you are calling Mats a liar. If this is the case I have lost all respect for the big Swede. Also I believe that Bettman should step in and not allow this to happen. The whole Niedermayer,Selanne and the annoying Forsberg situations have left a sour taste in my mouth. I still hold out hope that Mats wont do this, but if he does I have no respect for him as a hockey player and a human being.Mats statements(not rumours) to the media and the public.-" I dont want to play for any other team and would like to retire a Maple Leaf"-" I have no desire to go to a team in mid season and try and win a Cup, its not the same thing"-" I will let everyone know of my decision sometime in August"-" I will definetely make my decision before training camp starts"Like I said if he does what you are suggesting, it saddenes me, it makes me upset and it makes me disgusted that a player that I have respected for all these years will do this.
I agree with your whole post except for the bolded part. I think that is expecting way too much from that lazy SOB.
I agree with your whole post except for the bolded part. I think that is expecting way too much from that lazy SOB.
I heard him in an interview last year that the Niedermayer case was a one time thing and he wouldnt like to see it happen again. The difference in this case is that Mats is a free agent and Niedermayer was under contract and needed to be suspended.Its just bad for hockey.I would like to see some sort of rule where if you arent on the roster, or have an NHL contract with a team by a predetermined date(ie Oct 15) you shall not be allowed to participate in post season play.
I heard him in an interview last year that the Niedermayer case was a one time thing and he wouldnt like to see it happen again. The difference in this case is that Mats is a free agent and Niedermayer was under contract and needed to be suspended.Its just bad for hockey.I would like to see some sort of rule where if you arent on the roster, or have an NHL contract with a team by a predetermined date(ie Oct 15) you shall not be allowed to participate in post season play.
I agree completely with your posts, the manipulation of the cap and this sundin saga are both BS.I was really pumped about him going to the habs potentially but now I'm just too tired of hearing about him.

THe fans of the city he eventually signs with will forget all about this when they realize they get to have Sundin. They guy still has one or 2 solid seasons left and has the opportunity to sign with a cup contending team. He would be crazy not to shoot for the cup this season (and pass up millions). If he signs with the leafs you'll love him again for sure serge. But he won't, and I think he will sign somewher else, so get ready to hate him serge. FWIW I think until the season starts it's too soon to pass judment on his decision.

I will be in Sweden August 31st. So will he... I'll ask him.
Good because the Ducks can't trade Schnieder to the Habs for a 4th round pick until Sundin decides.

So we have about another week to add to a list of promises/lies that has come out of Mats Sundin.Here is the most recent one."I will decide sometime in August on my plans for the upcoming year"Here is where I stand now as a Leafs fan.I am frustrated by the wait. I am ok with him leaving, although I would love for him to finish his career here. If he ends up in Vancouver,Rangers or Philly I can live with that. If he goes to Montreal or Ottawa(not likely) then I will disown him.Can you imagine if Wayne Gretzky decided to finish his career in Calgary?

I'd wager that Albertans (and/or most Canadians) would have preferred to see him finish it out with the Flames (or any other team north of the 49th) instead of the Rangers.

Can you imagine if Wayne Gretzky decided to finish his career in Calgary Toronto?
another reason to love the Leafs ownership the last 20years. Thanks for making sure that didnt happen!I don't care if he was past his prime, it would have been amazing.