I thought limit poker experts were good at math?????????
lol...the added 10% is still undecided.
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quotes from various sources who have emailed me this evening.An Assistant GM:"They (the Canadiens) finally feel they are going to get him (Mats). They are dying to make an announcement soon."A Scout:"People have stopped buying that the Leafs are going hard after Mats. Everyone is startin gto assume it will be the Habs."A Swedish Player:"Mats is preparing tonight for something that is coming soon. Many of us wold be shocked if it made it past Monday....and even more shocked if it wasn't Montreal."A senior NHL person:"It is all falling into the Habs lap. The Rangers are out of it and Mats does owe it to himself to play another season. To try and bring Stanley back to Montreal for the Centennial."--------------------------------------------------------------------Source: Eklund (eg. Magic 8-ball)

i read on tsn that he will be making a decision on playing/retiring on august 1st and then deciding where shortly after. that seemed to be the official line, i have no idea where eklund gets this stuff!

i read on tsn that he will be making a decision on playing/retiring on august 1st and then deciding where shortly after. that seemed to be the official line, i have no idea where eklund gets this stuff!
Air. Very, very thin air.
Until after he decides? Yeah, that would be one way for you to actually win a prop bet...
I just dont want to bet it...and in my heart I am still holding out hope that Mats will do the right thing.If he signs with the Leafs...I am very happyIf he signs with the Canucks...Oh well I dont blame himIf he retires.........I am happy for himIf he signs in Montreal......I will disown him and forget the last 14 years.....
  • 2 weeks later...

THN.com Top 10: Reasons why Mats Sundin isn't a Hall of Famerby Brian Costello31/07/2008 11:00:01 AMSundin is a consistent player, but here's why he isn't a Hall of Famer.Some media outlets have referred to the indecisive Mats Sundin as an automatic Hall of Famer, regardless of what he decides to do with his hockey career.So while Sundin dithers on what to do next season, here are 10 reasons why he won't make the Hall of Fame three years after his retirement. There might be 20 reasons why he will make the Hall some day, but some members of the selection committee will reject him for these flaws:10. Has never led his team to great heights.9. Has just 16 more points (1,321) than games played (1,305) during his 17-season career. Very good, but not great.8. He never posted a 50-goal season and had just one 100-point season. Pavel Bure had two 60-goal seasons and two more with 58 and 59 and he's an outsider.7. His 1,321 career regular season points are impressive, but not good enough. Adam Oates has been rejected two straight induction years and he retired with 1,420 points. Same with Doug Gilmour and his 1,414 points.6. His 555 career regular season goals are impressive, but not good enough. Dino Ciccarelli has 608 and he has been rebuffed and Dave Andreychuk (640) won't get in when he's first-time eligible in 2009.5. Has averaged less than a point per game in the playoffs in his career.4. Has never been a first-team all-star. (He has been a second-teamer twice.)3. Has never won an individual award.2. Has never won a Stanley Cup - or even made it to the final.1. Has rarely played at a level where he's considered among the top few players at his position. He has been loyal, durable, his production has been remarkably consistent, but he hasn't crossed the line between being a very, very good player and a truly exceptional player.

THN.com Top 10: Reasons why Mats Sundin isn't a Hall of Famerby Brian Costello31/07/2008 11:00:01 AMSundin is a consistent player, but here's why he isn't a Hall of Famer.Some media outlets have referred to the indecisive Mats Sundin as an automatic Hall of Famer, regardless of what he decides to do with his hockey career.So while Sundin dithers on what to do next season, here are 10 reasons why he won't make the Hall of Fame three years after his retirement. There might be 20 reasons why he will make the Hall some day, but some members of the selection committee will reject him for these flaws:10. Has never led his team to great heights.9. Has just 16 more points (1,321) than games played (1,305) during his 17-season career. Very good, but not great.8. He never posted a 50-goal season and had just one 100-point season. Pavel Bure had two 60-goal seasons and two more with 58 and 59 and he's an outsider.7. His 1,321 career regular season points are impressive, but not good enough. Adam Oates has been rejected two straight induction years and he retired with 1,420 points. Same with Doug Gilmour and his 1,414 points.6. His 555 career regular season goals are impressive, but not good enough. Dino Ciccarelli has 608 and he has been rebuffed and Dave Andreychuk (640) won't get in when he's first-time eligible in 2009.5. Has averaged less than a point per game in the playoffs in his career.4. Has never been a first-team all-star. (He has been a second-teamer twice.)3. Has never won an individual award.2. Has never won a Stanley Cup - or even made it to the final.1. Has rarely played at a level where he's considered among the top few players at his position. He has been loyal, durable, his production has been remarkably consistent, but he hasn't crossed the line between being a very, very good player and a truly exceptional player.
This is the stupidest thing I have ever read..Brian Costello shows once again what a tool he really is..doesnt really justify a response actually.
This is the stupidest thing I have ever read..Brian Costello shows once again what a tool he really is..doesnt really justify a response actually.
America voted.....and they agreed with.....Serge?Sundin's international accomplishments will help him. 10. He didn't really have much help9. There are plenty of players with similar PPG or worse (even much worse) in the HHOF, plus it's not like Sundin only contributed on the offensive stat sheets.8. The Pavel Bure comment is severely misplaced. Bure was the most one dimensional player in hockey history, the one dimension was great, but when he's on the PK and standing just outside of his own zone waiting for an outlet pass, it's just atrocious. I would take Sundin on my team any day of the week, I would never have Bure on my team.7. Mats Sundin has a stellar international comp. career in tow. Something the others mentioned don't have.6. Sundin scored most of his goals during the dead puck era, something the others cannot lay claim to. 5. Teemu Selanne has a shit postseason record (aside from having 1 cup win), he's still getting in. There are others as well.4. Ron Francis was never even a 2nd team all-star, Sundin was a 2nd team All-star in 2001-02 and 2003-04 (behind Sakic)3. IMO Lady Byngs and a cheap Selke when they decided to make it an offensive award don't count either, thus see point #4. There are a bunch of others that also have never won a major individual award. Marcel Dionne won 1 Art Ross trophy and nothing else and was one of the worst postseason performers in NHL history.2. See Marcel Dionne and point #101. This and point #3 are not mutually exclusiveThis guy overlooks a big chunk of Sundin's resume and that is his play for Sweden.This being said I do not think he is a top 100 player in NHL history, but there are also plenty of HHOFers who aren't. Given the current makeup of the Hall, he should be included.
It's not that difficult to find 10 arguments for almost ANY player to not be in the hall of fame.
Especially since he says essentially the same thing on like 3 different occasions within his top 10 reasons.

Brian DOES believe that Sundin will be in the HOF. Just not on the first ballot. And I agree. And, as usual, I will put some money on that, serge....$100 that Sundin is not a first ballot HHOFer?

Brian DOES believe that Sundin will be in the HOF. Just not on the first ballot. And I agree. And, as usual, I will put some money on that, serge....$100 that Sundin is not a first ballot HHOFer?
this is what he says Sundin is a consistent player, but here's why he isn't a Hall of FamerWhat part of that is hard to understand. Its just another example of a writer with nothing to write about, trying to create controversy..Like it was said, other than a handful of players, I can come up with 10 reasons why no other player should be in the Hall of fame..I am not betting on that either. But I will bet you a $100 that he makes the HOF