greenstein talks about winners in the big game.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd how DN is willing to post his results, and yet Barry who claims to be one of the best ever does not...hmm...

My crankiness is not for myself, because I have been given - whether I've deserved it or not - almost the best persona of any player in poker history," Greenstein says. "I'm defending other poker professionals." ROFLMAO!I bet when Greenstein isn't playing he's sitting at home thinking how wonderful he is . . .What an ego . . .

I get a kick out of Greenstein. He has such a high opinion of himself its almost amusing. People give Phil Hellmuth a lot of crap but Greenstein takes the cake in the same way. At least Hellmuth tells bad players that they are bad. Greenstein tells the good players that they are bad. I think its hilarious.Examples of funny points of his were him saying why would anyone who could win millions playing the big game spend time with books and DVDs and websites and such. Didn't Doyle Brunson write the best seller poker book ever? Isn't he associated with his own website? Doesn't Phil Ivey associate himself with a website? I think I even saw Chau with a Doyle's room cowboy hat on in the HU Championship.And he left two people off the top of my head that have also been said by others to be winners in the big game; Todd Brunson and Jennifer Harmon. Aren't these proven winners in the big game as well?Oh well. Caulk another one up to massive, massive ego.

Odd how DN is willing to post his results, and yet Barry who claims to be one of the best ever does not...hmm...
So, you're implying Barry isn't a winner in that game? I know this is a pro-DN forum, so I wouldn't expect many on here to be too happy with Barry at the moment, but doubting the man's success without any proof is just ignorant. If the rest of the poker world will tell you Barry has been a consistent winner in that game for years, why would you doubt it?Just by Howard admiting he is not on their level currently should tell you a lot.Patrick

first off there are more than only 5 great players in the world. second only so many people can play in this "big game"..... it's not like all 6 billion people in the world are playing and only 5 are winning. a lot of what he had to say made little sense to me, except that he's upset about some players being hailed as great when they are losers.also, another set of factors come into play when you play for those stakes, and that is nerve. the most technically skilled player in the world may not have the heart or nerve to play that game and get killed. you also need the bankroll to, which very few have, so im not buying greenstein's criteria at ALL.

So, you're implying Barry isn't a winner in that game? I know this is a pro-DN forum, so I wouldn't expect many on here to be too happy with Barry at the moment, but doubting the man's success without any proof is just ignorant. If the rest of the poker world will tell you Barry has been a consistent winner in that game for years, why would you doubt it?Just by Howard admiting he is not on their level currently should tell you a lot.Patrick
i do agree that barry is a winner in the big game..as far as howard saying he's not on that level,i think thats more him being humble than being a "2nd tier"player..you should allow others to call you a winning player rather than say it yourself ,makes you look less like a jerk and people will respect you more in the long run...they knock hellmuth,barry is worse as far as ego goes..at least phil is funny about it,or at least he does things that are funny unintentionally...i do respect barry for being a great great poker player and a very giving person, just wish he would allow others to praise him rather than do it himself...
The IRS might have something to do with it. If winnings weren't taxed in the US, I'm sure Greenstein's ego would make him flaunt a substantial profit.
I think Greenstein has taken Hellmuth's crown of Most Egotistical Player.
my left nut has more ego than barry does
Is it swollen? You should see the doctor about that.

Im curious to know what the big game stakes are, if, according to barry DN plays the 2nd tier. Is it 4k/8k and he doesnt count DN as one of the regulars as he hasnt played in the game all that much or if it is a higher stake.

I think Greenstein has taken Hellmuth's crown of Most Egotistical Player.
my left nut has more ego than barry does
Is it swollen? You should see the doctor about that.
Swollen? it had to have burst........Barry G has left Hellmuth in the dust in the egotistical category......Arrogance and confidence is a neccessary trait in a succesful poker player....but this guy is off the charts.

My take when I originally read this was that it was more directed at people like Hellmuth who are not noted for their cash game winnings. I think it's more directed at just the "tournament" pros. (I'm not sure where you would put Juanda in this conversation because I have never heard about his cash games wins/losses). I think that Barry was spouting off at the mouth because he is sick of the tournament pros being thought of as the best.I somewhat agree with him that the public sees people as Hellmuth and tournament pros in such a high light. The people in the big game are outstanding players and should be recognized as the best players in the world. But for him to say that there are only 5 players that are tops in the game is just far too elitist. Get off your high horse Greenstein, hope you change your mind about DN after your matches.

Im curious to know what the big game stakes are, if, according to barry DN plays the 2nd tier. Is it 4k/8k and he doesnt count DN as one of the regulars as he hasnt played in the game all that much or if it is a higher stake.
I think it's because Daniel sometimes plays 1k/2k and 2k/4k so he's automatically 2nd tier or something.
Never said that he wasn't. Just getting sick of Barry putting down DN all the time.
i do agree that barry is a winner in the big game..as far as howard saying he's not on that level,i think thats more him being humble than being a "2nd tier"player..you should allow others to call you a winning player rather than say it yourself ,makes you look less like a jerk and people will respect you more in the long run...they knock hellmuth,barry is worse as far as ego goes..at least phil is funny about it,or at least he does things that are funny unintentionally...i do respect barry for being a great great poker player and a very giving person, just wish he would allow others to praise him rather than do it himself...
I agree as far as Howard being a humble person. He's at least studied some Buddhism (not sure if he considers himself to be a full blown Buddhist), and he really seems to adhere to Rightful Speech.I interpreted Howard's comments as 'I could be as good as them if my whole life was centered on playing poker, but it's not nor do I want it to be.' Oh and I agree - Barry comes off with a massive ego with these comments. Patrick

i dont have anything against barry but of course i like daniel better.but i do understand with what barry is saying. the facts he lays out about being the top tier are true. and if you did something the best in the world and TV made it seem like lower level guys did it better you'd be mad too.and whether you like it or not because barry is the 'robin hood of poker' he can get away with alot more things being said than others.is barry an ass? problyis he justified in most of his comments? yeadoes he look like count chocula? no doubt

i dont have anything against barry but of course i like daniel better.but i do understand with what barry is saying.  the facts he lays out about being the top tier are true.  and if you did something the best in the world and TV made it seem like lower level guys did it better you'd be mad too.and whether you like it or not because barry is the 'robin hood of poker'  he can get away with alot more things being said than others.is barry an ass? problyis he justified in most of his comments? yeadoes he look like count chocula? no doubt
Oh my, Ian. I love your avatar.