Maybe you just haven't been properly diagnosed yet. Or more likely the story (and the way it was told) was a little to deep for you. Lets hold out hope that Pixar adds a narrator because telling a story without conversation is too complicated for some* people. But hey, I'm sure it's the 6 year old kids writing all the positive reviews about the movie everywhere.* showstopper24
Maybe you just haven't been properly diagnosed yet. Or more likely the story (and the way it was told) was a little to deep for you. Lets hold out hope that Pixar adds a narrator because telling a story without conversation is too complicated for some* people. But hey, I'm sure it's the 6 year old kids writing all the positive reviews about the movie everywhere.* showstopper24
I understood the boring story and I can see why 6 year olds like it, but I cannot see why adults were entertained. Even if they liked the story, it was told in such a boring way. For example, bigkg said,
I thought the first 1/3-1/2 of the movie where there was little to no dialogue was the best part.
His favorite part of the movie was with the two robots flirting with each other. Almost nothing to do with the 'story' that everybody keeps going on about, and he was entertained by that, but I was not and for the life of me I can't see why older people would be entertained by that. I guess it's 'cute' but it was not worth my money.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I understood the boring story and I can see why 6 year olds like it, but I cannot see why adults were entertained. Even if they liked the story, it was told in such a boring way. For example, bigkg said, His favorite part of the movie was with the two robots flirting with each other. Almost nothing to do with the 'story' that everybody keeps going on about, and he was entertained by that, but I was not and for the life of me I can't see why older people would be entertained by that. I guess it's 'cute' but it was not worth my money.
You're clearly just on a different level of thinking than us.
Maybe even as high as Mercury69, or even HollywoodAFD?
I don't get why people keep bashing me cuz I didn't like this one movie. I know people think my posts are useless, but has anybody actually read them in the Entertainment section of the forum. I go to movies to be entertained for an hour and a half to two hours. If the story sucks but the action or the special effects make it interesting, then I am happy for being entertained. Watching animation rarely does it for me (although, Kung Fu Panda was the sh.it), espeially when half the movie has no dialogue and just robots interacting. Even though the story was 'deep', that doesn't mean that everybody has to love the movie. Just turn on the news these days and you will see what the movie was trying to say-we're all fat and lazy because of big corporations-does this mean that everybody loves the news?
Maybe even as high as Mercury69, or even HollywoodAFD?
Ouch.

You just keep going out of your way to prove how far over your head that movie was and how you need to be spoon fed your entertainment. Maybe you should stick to stalking Josh Cribbs and watching Armageddon repeatedly.

You just keep going out of your way to prove how far over your head that movie was and how you need to be spoon fed your entertainment. Maybe you should stick to stalking Josh Cribbs and watching Armageddon repeatedly.
Ouch.
Maybe you should stick to stalking Josh Cribbs and watching Armageddon repeatedly.
I've never seen Armageddon and I haven't seen Josh in a couple of weeks.But I just watched Vantage Point and really liked it. Forest Whitaker is a pimp.
I've never seen Armageddon and I haven't seen Josh in a couple of weeks.But I just watched Vantage Point and really liked it. Forest Whitaker is a pimp.
I enjoyed vantage point. Not a blockuster but entertaining.
Junovery funny even though it doesn't try to be
Is this a joke?
Yea I wasn't sure if he was joking or not, so I didn't say anything. Juno tries too hard to be funny.
I think it was perfect, but yeah... it wasn't a drama, lol.
I finally got around to watching Pulp Fiction. It was great. Samuel L. Jackson could not have been better.
Absolutely true. After seeing PF for the first time, I thought Sam Jackson was just about the best actor I'd ever seen. Over the years, I've come to realize, no, no he really isn't. There are certain types of roles that are just in his wheel house, that are just perfect for him, and Jules was just about as perfect as anyone could play any role. But most of the time, he's very average.
Absolutely true. After seeing PF for the first time, I thought Sam Jackson was just about the best actor I'd ever seen. Over the years, I've come to realize, no, no he really isn't. There are certain types of roles that are just in his wheel house, that are just perfect for him, and Jules was just about as perfect as anyone could play any role. But most of the time, he's very average.
Snakes on a Plane...Deep Blue Sea...I see what you mean.I completely agree about him being the perfect actor for that role. I could see a lot of other actors for the other characters in that movie, but nobody else could have played Jules as well as him.
You gotta love the guy because he will take a job based on the title of the screenplay. I like that he doesn't take himself to seriously, he would have to be one of the coolest people in the world to sit around and get drunk with. In serious roles he does pretty damn well.Pulp Fiction, Black Snake Moan & A Time to Kill are good examples.
You gotta love the guy because he will take a job based on the title of the screenplay. I like that he doesn't take himself to seriously, he would have to be one of the coolest people in the world to sit around and get drunk with. In serious roles he does pretty damn well.Pulp Fiction, Black Snake Moan & A Time to Kill are good examples.
I'm not saying he can't play serious roles well.. I liked him in say, Unbreakable and Jackie Brown.. It's just.. there's a large gap between level of actor I thought he was when I saw him in Pulp Fiction, and the level of actor I think he is now, that's all I'm saying. I don't think he's Vin Diesel or something, but I don't think he's Daniel Day Lewis either. Also 6.5 is a generous rating for Spiderman 3.
I know it is kind of blashpemy....but imo you just described Jack Nicholson perfectly. He just gets his wheelhouse roles all the time.you are right about SLJ.
I know it is kind of blashpemy....but imo you just described Jack Nicholson perfectly. He just gets his wheelhouse roles all the time.you are right about SLJ.
Um, not blasphemy. JN is extremely good in certain kinds of roles, and in his youth at least had more range, but as he's gotten older, he just blatantly doesn't give a fck, and just mail's in ever performance. I can't remember the last JN role that I thought was really well acted, maybe As Good as it Gets? Hoffa? Mars Attacks? The Joker? At any case, it's been 10 years at least. I think his last super excellent performance ( beside the Joker) was probably the Shining? He did do some amazing work in the 70's,
Also 6.5 is a generous rating for Spiderman 3.
I think 6.5 is overly generous for ANY of the spiderman movies.
Also 6.5 is a generous rating for Spiderman 3.
i don't get why people keep bashing me cuz i semi-like this one movie. i know people think my posts are useless, but has anybody actually read them in the OTG section of the forum? i go to movies to be entertained for an hour and a half to two hours. if the action sucks but the story or the characters make it interesting, then I am happy for being entertained. watching comic-based movies rarely does it for me (although, sin city was the sh.it), especially when half the movie has cheesy dialogue and just cgi characters interacting. even though the story wasn't 'deep', that doesn't mean that everybody has to hate the movie. just turn on the news these days and you will see what the movie was trying to say-we're all fat and lazy because of particle physics-- does this mean that everybody hates LongLiveYorke?