I just watched American History X and Shawshank Redemption. Both were very good. Edward Norton and Morgan Freeman were great.
I just watched Forrest Gump for the first time in a long time the other day, and then argued with my gf that Shawshank deserved the Oscar. Some topics I really can't let go and say 'ok, that's your opinion', and that is def one of them (another is how awful Jack in Box fries are....). Shawshank is a superior movie across the board, the only reason FG won was because it appealed to middle america.I watched Alexander for the first time. What a ****ing marginal movie at best. I hate Oliver Stone for making one of my fav historical figures boring and unappealing. I really could care less at the end, and had no emotional attachment to Alexander whatsoever. Angelina Jolie was hot though...And they did a passing job portraying the Battle of Gaugamela, including accurate troop movements etc. Besides that though, I really didn;t like it at all, 5/10, only because I am a sucker for historical epics and Angelina.Surprisingly, I also watched La Confidential all the way through for the first time. I enjoyed it a lot, but I guess I expected it to be a little bit better based on what people have told me. I'd still give it an 8/10, and I might be undervaluing it because of my expectations.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I just watched Forrest Gump for the first time in a long time the other day, and then argued with my gf that Shawshank deserved the Oscar. Some topics I really can't let go and say 'ok, that's your opinion', and that is def one of them (another is how awful Jack in Box fries are....). Shawshank is a superior movie across the board, the only reason FG won was because it appealed to middle america.I watched Alexander for the first time. What a ****ing marginal movie at best. I hate Oliver Stone for making one of my fav historical figures boring and unappleaing. I really could care less at the end, and had no emotional attachment to Alexander whatsoever. Angelina Jolie was hot though...And they did a passing job portraying the Battle of Gaugamela, including accurate troop movements etc. Besides that though, I really didn;t like it at all, 5/10, only because I am a sucker for historical epics and Angelina.Surprisingly, I also watched La Confidential all the way through for the first time. I enjoyed it a lot, but I guess I expected it to be a little bit better based on what people have told me. I'd still give it an 8/10, and I might be undervaluing it because of my expectations.
Just as I thought Shawshank got screwed by Forrest Gump (still a great movie)......I thought LA Confidential got screwed even harder by the media machine that was the Titanic.Jack in the Box.....two tacos and a chicken sandwich combo. Mmmmmmmm.I saw Vince Vaughan's Wild West Comedy Show this weekend on OnDemand. It was good. 7.5/10
Just as I thought Shawshank got screwed by Forrest Gump (still a great movie)......I thought LA Confidential got screwed even harder by the media machine that was the Titanic.Jack in the Box.....two tacos and a chicken sandwich combo. Mmmmmmmm.I saw Vince Vaughan's Wild West Comedy Show this weekend on OnDemand. It was good. 7.5/10
Ya, I'm a big fan of these as well. Ultimate cheeseburgers and sourdough jack too. Their fries are awful though, same supplier as Burger King.
Ya, I'm a big fan of these as well. Ultimate cheeseburgers and sourdough jack too. Their fries are awful though, same supplier as Burger King.
Tacos are so suprisingly delicious there. I agree about the fries. Now In and out fries are delicious. Why does the west coast have all the good fast food? You guys are supposed to be the lefty health nuts.My wife watched "The Queen" this weekend while I played an online poker tournament. She said it was ok and that they protrayed the queen as being a really big beyatch.
Tacos are so suprisingly delicious there. I agree about the fries. Now In and out fries are delicious. Why does the west coast have all the good fast food? You guys are supposed to be the lefty health nuts.My wife watched "The Queen" this weekend while I played an online poker tournament. She said it was ok and that they protrayed the queen as being a really big beyatch.
The taco meat is soy IIRC. BKice didn't like JiB tacos when he was out here, pretty much made me lose all respect for him obviously. ;)Also another side note about Alexander, homoerotic would be an understatement. I know the Greeks were pretty liberal sexually and all but Stone really beat the audience over the head with that one. I felt like half the movie was written by a Ron Mexico/Royal Tour collaboration.
I just watched Forrest Gump for the first time in a long time the other day, and then argued with my gf that Shawshank deserved the Oscar. Some topics I really can't let go and say 'ok, that's your opinion', and that is def one of them (another is how awful Jack in Box fries are....). Shawshank is a superior movie across the board, the only reason FG won was because it appealed to middle america.I watched Alexander for the first time. What a ****ing marginal movie at best. I hate Oliver Stone for making one of my fav historical figures boring and unappealing. I really could care less at the end, and had no emotional attachment to Alexander whatsoever. Angelina Jolie was hot though...And they did a passing job portraying the Battle of Gaugamela, including accurate troop movements etc. Besides that though, I really didn;t like it at all, 5/10, only because I am a sucker for historical epics and Angelina.
I agree on both counts. Rosario Dawson was also hot in Alexander but I hated the movie, mostly because I can't stand Collin Farrel though. The only move I've seen him in I thought was remotely bearable was In Bruges.
I agree on both counts. Rosario Dawson was also hot in Alexander but I hated the movie, mostly because I can't stand Collin Farrel though. The only move I've seen him in I thought was remotely bearable was In Bruges.
Was she Roxanna, his wife? Yeah she had a great body and the exotic beauty look. My gf was even impressed lol. I didn't even realize it was Collin Farrel until like 40 min left in the movie lol...I'm obv a big fan.
I'd agree. I generally don't care for his roles.

You guys are getting me hungry with all this JiB talk. BTW, JiB curly fries FTW.I watched Predator last night, what a friggin awesome movie! I've watched it probably 10-12 times, but it's one of those movie you can watch over and over again.I also watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, another awesome movie."Excuse me, may I go to the bathroom......Thank you"

You guys are getting me hungry with all this JiB talk. BTW, JiB curly fries FTW.I watched Predator last night, what a friggin awesome movie! I've watched it probably 10-12 times, but it's one of those movie you can watch over and over again.I also watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, another awesome movie."Excuse me, may I go to the bathroom......Thank you"
seriously dude your sig. kills me. everytime!
Stranger Than Fiction-Will Ferrell was great in it. I wouldn't have expected him to play that role well (which is why I never saw it 'til now) but I was happily surprsied.
I think Will Ferrel's a lot better actor then he gets credit for. If there wasn't so much money in him making himself into an ass he could become a pretty legitimate actor, imo.
I think Will Ferrel's a lot better actor then he gets credit for. If there wasn't so much money in him making himself into an ass he could become a pretty legitimate actor, imo.
I don't know why, but I was talking to a friend about a month ago about the movie Phone Booth. We were discussing what other actors could have played the character that Colin Farrell played. For some reason, we talked about Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller because we both asumed that they could be good actors if they didn't just do comedies...it would be interesting to see them in a more serious role.Also, I just saw Beowulf...and it sucked. I couldn't tell if they were trying to make it a kid's movie or an adult's movie or a mixture because it was shot with motion capture (so I thought that was for kid's) but then they showed a lot of nakedness (which I know they wouldn't have shown if the target audience was under 10). I was wondering why they just didn't shoot this as a live movie with actors. I can't imagine it would have been too dificult if they made Grendel CGI and they animated the dragon and water monsters.
I don't know why, but I was talking to a friend about a month ago about the movie Phone Booth. We were discussing what other actors could have played the character that Colin Farrell played. For some reason, we talked about Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller because we both asumed that they could be good actors if they didn't just do comedies...it would be interesting to see them in a more serious role.
Um, anyone could have played that role. All he did was talk on a phone. I do that everyday.
Also, I just saw Beowulf...and it sucked. I couldn't tell if they were trying to make it a kid's movie or an adult's movie or a mixture because it was shot with motion capture (so I thought that was for kid's) but then they showed a lot of nakedness (which I know they wouldn't have shown if the target audience was under 10). I was wondering why they just didn't shoot this as a live movie with actors. I can't imagine it would have been too dificult if they made Grendel CGI and they animated the dragon and water monsters.
Well, part of the reason it sucked, is it was supposed to be viewed, in the theatre, in 3D. It was allegedly rather impressive in 3D.
Um, anyone could have played that role. All he did was talk on a phone. I do that everyday.
You're right. I would have liked to see you in that movie. It would have made about 16 bucks (assuming you saw it twice).Harold and Kumar Escape from Guatanamo Bay-there are a couple of good extras on the DVD and the movie was very good.
Pulp Fiction was robbed by Forrest Gump.Sorry Shawshank lovers, but it didn't deserve to win.
eh. Pulp Fiction was so hit or miss. Half the scenes were awesome and half the scenes were just ok at best.Shawshank lovers sounds dirty.....

Mallrats-I've seen both Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob. I loved the second Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob so I had high expectations for Mallrats. It was good. It was not great but it was entertaining. Now I gotta see Chasing Amy and Dogma.