Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

I'm down so many bets in the last 3 days that I'm actually scared to look. I don't think I've ever ran so bad. The only comfort I can take is that I've been quitting immediately when I start feeling tilty.
Know the feeling. Good luck, sir. 'Tis an evil game.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dec2Grind.jpgAnother solid day. Unfortunately I'm running horribly at life at the moment. Now I'm so sick I'm afraid to play another session for fear of vomiting and/or shitting my pants. I guess I'll take it if I can stay at 5 BB/100 all month.

I played the goofiest guy today...He would sit down play a few hands and if he got up 3+ bets he would insta leave and then resit with x amount of dollars...he did this about 5 times and eventually gave most of it back to me...wierdest hit and runner I have seen.

note to self: there are some things that, despite the feeling of powerful manliness that comes from doing them yourself, are a hell of a lot easier to pay someone else 50 bucks to do. but after about 3 hours of ripping my entire car interior apart, decoding an indecipherable coloring system for wiring, and putting the whole mess back together, i have 2/3 of a new stereo/speakers installed, and i do feel quite manly.this undoubtedly means that i will play more aggressively when i play minhlyfan later on.i did learn something kind of cool in the process, though--if you want to figure out the polarity of an unlabeled speaker (IS IT REALLY TOO HARD TO PUT A ****ING PLUS OR A RED DOT OR SOMETHING ON ONE CONNECTOR, PIONEER? SERIOUSLY?), you can hook a wire up to the leads, and the other ends to an AA battery. if the speaker cone pops out, the polarity on the battery is that of the speaker. if it pops in, then the poles are reversed. yes, learning that kind of excites me.

Has anyone ever noticed that when horrible loose passive players who hardly ever raise preflop finally do its usually with some completely random hand like J4 suited? I see this over and over with the same type of person.

Has anyone ever noticed that when horrible loose passive players who hardly ever raise preflop finally do its usually with some completely random hand like J4 suited? I see this over and over with the same type of person.
Yes. Have you ever noticed that it's also usually UTG?
Yes! The occurrence that inspired that post was UTG!Any clue as to what is going through their heads?
I think it's probably usually just that anyone that retarded has no concept of position, and it's just of particular note when it comes from up front, but some of them probably think that they can bluff like that, because we have to put them on AA or something.

Bought a car today. It's not the car that I want, but it doesn't decimate my bankroll and I can give it to my girlfriend when I'm done.I did have a good beat today though. The insurance company of the lady who hit me is claiming full liability and totaling my car, so that saves me some trouble. I'm also having a solid day at the table, and am now up close to $10k on the month, and over double what I made last month.

Bought a car today. It's not the car that I want, but it doesn't decimate my bankroll and I can give it to my girlfriend when I'm done.I did have a good beat today though. The insurance company of the lady who hit me is claiming full liability and totaling my car, so that saves me some trouble. I'm also having a solid day at the table, and am now up close to $10k on the month, and over double what I made last month.
What did you buy?
Still sort of nice.
Yeah don't get me wrong, it's a cool car and a hell of a lot nicer than the shitbucket I've been driving. I'm not elitist enough to shrug it off (yet). I just wanted to wait a little longer and buy a newish one. In any case, I'm happy with the purchase and it will make for a cool first car for my girlfriend once I do buy one that I'm in love with.