Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villain is 60/15/0.7 in 30 hands. Semi-interesting spot. This is a fold here, right? Call down vs an aggressive opponent?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with :D, :5c1 fold, MP calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checksFlop: (3 SB) :D, :4h, :ts(3 players)SB bets, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB callsTurn: (3.5 BB) :club:(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero...
I call this turn and at least see a river. I could see this being 45, 58 or 89 pretty easily... but I'm rusty. In any case, I call here and see a river.
I call this turn and at least see a river. I could see this being 45, 58 or 89 pretty easily... but I'm rusty. In any case, I call here and see a river.
Its a small sample size but based on what I've seen of him I don't know if he's capable of a semi-bluff like that.
Is he capable of putting you on air and rebluffing or getting out-of-line with 65 or A2 or something?
What is a 60/15/.07 after 30 hands capable of? I don't think that I had an overly aggressive image at that point, and even if I had been out of line I dont think he's capable of anything but "I like my hand a lot, I bet" or "'I sorta like my hand or I'm on a draw or I think I can get lucky, so I call". 65 or A2 is possible, but he hasn't been at all aggressive with anything yet.

gawd, even when i'm winning i'm running like ****ing garbage lately. up a whopping 5BB, stuck nearly 100BB on the river, where i've hit one draw and lost to 22, lol.(i really should stop keeping track of that on my little note pad, but it's like crack, seriously--i started doing it to verify that i was just running bad during a downswing and now i can't stop, well, verifying that i run bad all the time.)

gawd, even when i'm winning i'm running like ****ing garbage lately. up a whopping 5BB, stuck nearly 100BB on the river, where i've hit one draw and lost to 22, lol.(i really should stop keeping track of that on my little note pad, but it's like crack, seriously--i started doing it to verify that i was just running bad during a downswing and now i can't stop, well, verifying that i run bad all the time.)
You're a very bad influence on me, Checky. I was a much more positive person before I started posting here.
You're a very bad influence on me, Checky. I was a much more positive person before I started posting here.
in keeping with my current state of negativity, i don't believe you.
I don't think keeping track of how many times you get drawn out on vs how many times you draw out is an accurate representation of how you're running...unless you understand that you're always going to get drawn out on more even when you're not running bad. Unless we're only playing HU, aren't we always going to get drawn out on more than we draw out on our opponents since there are more of them then there are of us? 22-1 is a little much though. I've been up for a long time and I might not be thinking clearly, so what I just said may not make sense.
in keeping with my current state of negativity, i don't believe you.
Your instincts serve you well. On the plus side, I think I'm probably winning today. How do you like that, Debbie Downer?Edit: reading that back, it sounds like a taught. Oops. GL.
I don't think keeping track of how many times you get drawn out on vs how many times you draw out is an accurate representation of how you're running...unless you understand that you're always going to get drawn out on more even when you're not running bad. Unless we're only playing HU, aren't we always going to get drawn out on more than we draw out on our opponents since there are more of them then there are of us? 22-1 is a little much though. I've been up for a long time and I might not be thinking clearly, so what I just said may not make sense.
\i mean, i don't really take that whole process seriously except when i'm on long losing streaks (it really is a decent indicator of how you're running when you're playing loose-passive games, since draws are really the key to victory there), but here is what i keep a tally of to gauge things:1. how often i am drawing when i have odds to continue2. how often i hit on the turn and river3. how often my opponents hit a draw4. how often my opponents either fold the river or show down a missed drawand it's a little better now, but the ratio of 2 to 3 was honestly 1:22 when i posted that before. it's currently at 4:34, which is a good deal better, but nowhere near the approximately 1:3-1:4 ratio that it should be, assuming most pots are 3-4 handed on the turn if i'm able to game select reasonably well. i know the whole process is a bit silly and i don't take it especially seriously, but it's not a useless tool if you know how to properly interpret the numbers.
Your instincts serve you well. On the plus side, I think I'm probably winning today. How do you like that, Debbie Downer?Edit: reading that back, it sounds like a taught. Oops. GL.
i'm winning, too. barely. but i have 40 more minutes to go, so we'll see if i can negative-thinking myself back into the red before 2am.

I think I steal all the run-good out of this thread. I'm up a solid number again today and am now up more in December than I won in all of November (granted I played about 10k hands last month.) I'll post a graph later after I decide whether or not to put another session in.

\i mean, i don't really take that whole process seriously except when i'm on long losing streaks (it really is a decent indicator of how you're running when you're playing loose-passive games, since draws are really the key to victory there), but here is what i keep a tally of to gauge things:1. how often i am drawing when i have odds to continue2. how often i hit on the turn and river3. how often my opponents hit a draw4. how often my opponents either fold the river or show down a missed drawand it's a little better now, but the ratio of 2 to 3 was honestly 1:22 when i posted that before. it's currently at 4:34, which is a good deal better, but nowhere near the approximately 1:3-1:4 ratio that it should be, assuming most pots are 3-4 handed on the turn if i'm able to game select reasonably well. i know the whole process is a bit silly and i don't take it especially seriously, but it's not a useless tool if you know how to properly interpret the numbers.
Alright. You seem to have a good grasp on what the numbers mean and how seriously they should be taken. Stupid of me to think you might not...you're checky after all.

I'm down so many bets in the last 3 days that I'm actually scared to look. I don't think I've ever ran so bad. The only comfort I can take is that I've been quitting immediately when I start feeling tilty.