Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

I've been wanting to jump back in with some NL, first serious effort at NL cash in years, doing it properly, like I'm going at LHE. I didn't want to do it in the middle of Hell Month because it would look like I was jumping ship, but I think I'm going to start giving an hour or two a day to NL. I'll try not to Clog up this thread, but two questions: 1) I would like to start out as low as is advisable, rake-wise, so anyone have a decent understanding of its nature?2) Anyone have a list of NL strat/Challenge thread posters who I absolutely should or shouldn't take seriously (PM if you must, but this thread needs drama)?
1) 25NL. It's pretty much regarded as the lowest limit with decent rake and games that are more easily mirrored to the higher levels.2) It depends whether you're playing 6-max, HU, FR, w/e. You can generally work out who the smarter people are pretty quickly. Just don't listen to Ex Matt, ever. Kinger is okay too <3 And I hope I can make somebodies list one time
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) 25NL. It's pretty much regarded as the lowest limit with decent rake and games that are more easily mirrored to the higher levels.2) It depends whether you're playing 6-max, HU, FR, w/e. You can generally work out who the smarter people are pretty quickly. Just don't listen to Ex Matt, ever. Kinger is okay too
Thanks(Mostly 6-max, but maybe some HU, I think.)
<3 And I hope I can make somebodies list one time
I would imagine even if you suck, you'd make my list. I wasn't exactly looking for the best players as much as I was looking for the ones who understand their level of knowledge and are constructive.
Thanks(Mostly 6-max, but maybe some HU, I think.)I would imagine even if you suck, you'd make my list. I wasn't exactly looking for the best players as much as I was looking for the ones who understand their level of knowledge and are constructive.
well yeah, off the top of my head I'd say Rdog, Pocktdeuces, Kinger, Snamuh, Nosup, Alberto for 6-max. Tremomey, Naismith, Cwik and Acid for HU. If I'm missing out on anybody it's probably because I hate you.edit: for HU the lowest limit without death rake is, if I recall, 100NL

Holy hell. I'm up more than 3 buyins, running hotter than I could dream, and I'm still so bored I'm going to claw my eyes out.If I have 55 in the BB, and the unknown button opens to 4x, about 80x deep, do I pitch or 3-bet? What a stupid game.

Holy hell. I'm up more than 3 buyins, running hotter than I could dream, and I'm still so bored I'm going to claw my eyes out.If I have 55 in the BB, and the unknown button opens to 4x, about 80x deep, do I pitch or 3-bet? What a stupid game.
Depends on the villain, stats, table, blah blah blah. My general strategy would probably be to flat call though. A 3-bet just turns your hand into a bluff too much, if you get raised you have to muck and if he calls you still don't know much and now you're playing OOP in a 3bet pot. I'm happy to go over any hands with you or whatever, let me know.You got a HUD running or anything? How many tables?
I was playing two tables, I only had 11 hands on the villain, but he was like 15/7 or thereabouts. So against an unknown I really want to be OOP, out of the lead with a pair of 5s?
Well it's all relative to how you play. I don't think any move is absolute spew at this point. I used to 3bet a lot in this spot, but it depends on how light a villain will float. Depending on flop texture you can easily c/c a bet or two and it's a hand that basically plays itself postflop. You're not going to get into any really weird spots like you would if you flatted a hand like A7 here.Fighter, stop being such a nit :club: <3
lol. it is a stupid game. if i was going to start grinding nlhe i would start taking notes on all the regulars, specifically on what they do when you 3 bet then both from position and from the blinds.

flush, i'm ready today whenever you are.just PM me here or whatever.let's get it on!also, this is the limit thread for a reason. it's where we discuss limit hold em. i heard there's this other thread where people can discuss no limit hold em.

i played an afternoon session and won one dollar and fifty cents in 250 or so hands. this means that in my last 1600-ish hands, i am up exactly eighteen dollars. SHIP IT.also, just to be clear, that "list of nl challege thread" people really was totally off the top of my head, and even if i were to update it more fully, just because i didn't include someone doesn't mean that i think that they're bad, necessarily, as i may just not know them, or didn't think of them when i was baked and posting that, or whatever. i would say, though, that there is a fair bit of bad advice that makes its way into that thread--significantly more than in this one, imo.

BB is 64/4/3Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10heart.gif, Jheart.gifHero raises, 4 folds, BB callsFlop: (4.5 SB) Qspade.gif, Qheart.gif, Jclub.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero callsTurn: (3.25 BB) 10spade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsRiver: (5.25 BB) 10diamond.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero callsI honestly don't know if this is fine, missed value or a spew.

I honestly don't know if this is fine, missed value or a spew.
if he just c/cs the turn, i think that you can safely raise the river.in other news, i am, as per usual, getting ****ing annihilated at one of the best tables i've ever been at, and crushing the table that is full of people who play professionally.

So I had a person play a hand against me...lose the hand and the leave the huhu table. wtf haha. In other news, I am still giving a bit back to the poker gods...I played a guy who rarely ever raised anything but top pair and managed to hit just about every flop possible. I need to adjust better to that style and just slow down and not try to run over him when I cant hit anything.

Navy and I have been going for 3 hours, and we're pretty much even atm.
After playing that long you guys must really getting in each others heads. I would love to be able to see the hole/mucked cards.

looool i am seriously at the most amazing table ever: 3 guys who cap any two through the turn with no rhyme or reason, one decent player, and me.obviously, i'm stuck 25BB. but that's like 2 pots tops, so whatevz.

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with :D, :club:SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB callsFlop: (6 SB) :D, :3h, :5c(2 players)Hero bets, SB callsTurn: (4 BB) :D(2 players)Hero bets, SB raises, Hero callsRiver: (8 BB) :D(2 players)Hero checks, SB bets, Hero raises, 1 foldTotal pot: $40 (10 BB) | Rake: $0Results:Hero didn't show :4h, :ts (nothing).Outcome: Hero won $40

flush has me currently at 325 to 75.his base strategy is very strong. at this point i'm disheartened in quite a few things. 1) making anyone in this thread better.2) feeling obligated to play.3) having just played for 3 hours with a totally askew risk/reward equation because my ego is involved in this tournament.