Pro's And Con's Of This Years Wsop Schedule

1st event 10k pl holdem Pro 10k events are special as they are considered world championships. Previously, people following the wsop were treated to , "what dealer dont I know won that event, sigh" to mark the beginning of the wsop. For a fan it can be a bit of a letdown. Also having the dealer event during the day-off of the main event might be a treat if some of them want to watch some main event action while they are there. And they should have the most number of dealers there during the start of the main event over any other day, right? This 10k event also finishes with the start of a pl holdem 1500 event , kinda cool. If u could only be in town for a week to play your fav game, pl holdem, u could come in, watch the final table of the big10k championship, then sit down yourself the next day. Arent a large amount of overseas players pl fans? I have heard of overseas players coming in days or even week late to the wsop, then staying till the end. If they dont come in early, will this pl tourny not have many of the possible european greats in it? If they do come in early, do they stay the whole time now? If they do, that could mean an increase in turnout in the rest of the events which could help create higher turnouts .ConHowever, is it too early to have this big a buyin and will enough big names show this early? Man, kinda like to get warmed up at the series before having a "world championship" tourny If you are a good pl holdem player , but on the 1500 dollar level of buyin , you can no longer score big in the 1500 event and then decide to play the 10k since your are running so good in pl holdem. You would have to wait till next year to play the big 10k eventindividual events or anything else anyone care to add?edit: chip reese trophy awarded to 50k horse player just announced . Super Pro! wtg

worldseriesofpoker.comConsame amount of rebuy plo tournies as nl holdem tournies (2)nl holdem rebuys are way more popular, arent they? i personally dont like omaha rebuys but even so, if they r having two of them they should have at least 3 nl rebuys, or more right?Contoo many 10k events. ouch i cant believe im saying this. Last year seemed to have a lot of 5k events, which i liked. I guess with this many 10k events i am just worried that eventually the 10k buyin of the main event will be moved higher, which is something I greatly disagree with.Conthere are 55 freaking events for crying out loud! How can pl 5 card draw not be one of them?

pro: 10K O8 event.
good one. i love 08 and am pretty sure it is growing in popularity more than any non nl holdem game, so it makes great sense to make this game 10k worthy
Pro - $10k 8 game mixed event
i like the 7 games, but dont really think 2-7 triple draw should be in. It is not mainstream enough imo. I also worry about mixing NL games with FL games. I know they change the blinds differently, but I wonder whether each game comes out weighing the same. Has anyone played and can offer insight?
i like the 7 games, but dont really think 2-7 triple draw should be in. It is not mainstream enough imo. I also worry about mixing NL games with FL games. I know they change the blinds differently, but I wonder whether each game comes out weighing the same. Has anyone played and can offer insight?
there's even big differences in different FL games. if the blind levels are good, it shouldn't be a huge discrepancy. it's all about how well it will be run.and of course 2-7 should be in. it's played a hell of a lot more than razz.

Con: Announcing the schedule so late. In years past, the FULL event sked was posted by the beginning of November, so those of us who had to book vacation knew when to do so. This year, not only was it late, but re-arranged, so those of us making educated guesses on event dates are going to Vegas now NOT to play in the WSOP. Pro: No tent. REAL advanced entries, in other words, going back to the way it USED to be before they improved it...go figure.See ya in '09, hopefully, unless they "improve " things again.

95% of tourney players will be broke by 2010, count on it.This is ridiculous, the "world championships" were at 5k last year, that was enough....8 10k's + one 50k in one month is absolutely insane! The pot limit hold'em event is retarded, they should have made a 6 handed 10k instead...the HU event this year was a joke, with 1 HU match per round and a shit structure, paying 5k for a fun crapshoot was borderline 10k is ridic imo.....The mixed 10k sounds fun, the PLO 10k is understandable, and the ME obv, the rest should gtfo, the stud event will get 13 players and so will the rest of them. I'm worried that the WPT and WSOP are acting like everyone is a billionaire by putting up 10 and 15k's every other week let alone 8 in one month, especially when 95% of the players don't have the adequate bankroll to play these things...I don't think this is necessarily good for poker.
So is the 10k mixed event gonna be played 6 handed to accomadate the 2-7TD?
Based on DN's post in the other thread:
Hold'emOmaha H/LRazzStudStud H/L2-7 Triple DrawPot Limit OmahaNo Limit Hold'em
I imagine it might switch based on the game - the flop games will be 9 handed, the Stud games 8 handed, and the 2-7 6 handed. Perhaps Daniel could clarify though.

I would think they would just run it all 8 handed, possibly 7. I would think that 6 would be too little and would create too many more tables. 7-8 handed should be fine for 2-7, not ideal but do they ever do anything that is ideal?

"95% of tourney players will be broke by 2010, count on it.This is ridiculous, the "world championships" were at 5k last year, that was enough....8 10k's + one 50k in one month is absolutely insane! The pot limit hold'em event is retarded, they should have made a 6 handed 10k instead...the HU event this year was a joke, with 1 HU match per round and a shit structure, paying 5k for a fun crapshoot was borderline 10k is ridic imo.....The mixed 10k sounds fun, the PLO 10k is understandable, and the ME obv, the rest should gtfo, the stud event will get 13 players and so will the rest of them. I'm worried that the WPT and WSOP are acting like everyone is a billionaire by putting up 10 and 15k's every other week let alone 8 in one month, especially when 95% of the players don't have the adequate bankroll to play these things...I don't think this is necessarily good for poker."good points dude. Being that its his message board were on, I cant help but think Negreaunu had some influence on the events being bumped to 10k. He is still on the committee, right? Yeah sure, he and some others out there can afford 8 tenk events and a fiftyk in 1.5months, but he is surely in the minority there.