Bkice 1/4 In Sunday Mulligan On Ftp

omg mdg where has you been?
oh hi der
Twelve.
QFT
he means that if 12k isnt much to you, but 24k is, why isnt 12k much?i think?basically he is asking, is your only concern while playing poker to get your name out there maybe have your face on the front of P5's etc etc.....
kind of. basically pointing out that if he isn't just hoarding money, it is either the main cause of his happiness, or it isn't. if it is, then $12K is a ton, and he should be happy. if it isn't, stop talking about money. i'm sure he will point out most people bring up money that he wins, not him himself, but that's invalid. in some form or another, he talks about it far more than necessary.i do want to point out that playing for fame, competition, etc is not something i'm suggesting is problematic. he has a ton of money relative to his expenses. there are other reasons poker is fun/interesting. if he wants to play largely for those reasons, then that's a reasonable choice.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is 8, right?

Is that French for "tilt"?

Dude really? Life tilt? grow up

narcisstic? ego driven? why do you people who don't know me at all keep insisting on insulting me and questioning my character? and also, AK vs A7 is almost a 98/2 situation, nice post IQcrash.i mean, it might never stop, but i'm pretty sure i'll never be cool with sitting here and reading people who have no clue what they're talking about insult and denigrate my character.
Playin' the race card now?
I didn't read this entire thread, but some people have told me it's retarded.
I want names, lol.It's so retarded, I'm enjoying it immensely. It's entertaining for it's ridiculousness.Oh, and pele, good post.

Montel, I think we're forgetting something very important in all this. Okay, sure, he touched some children, but, the man is a great singer and he has entertained us for so many years. Wha- What are you talking about? Michael Jackson! All this baad-mouthin', puttin' the man down. Maybe he did touch some children now and then, but come on! It's Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson!

oh hi derQFTkind of. basically pointing out that if he isn't just hoarding money, it is either the main cause of his happiness, or it isn't. if it is, then $12K is a ton, and he should be happy. if it isn't, stop talking about money. i'm sure he will point out most people bring up money that he wins, not him himself, but that's invalid. in some form or another, he talks about it far more than necessary.i do want to point out that playing for fame, competition, etc is not something i'm suggesting is problematic. he has a ton of money relative to his expenses. there are other reasons poker is fun/interesting. if he wants to play largely for those reasons, then that's a reasonable choice.
why do you assume it's a black and white thing? i don't think i would play poker if there was no monetary reward, but at the same time, i would never do something just to make money, i have to enjoy doing it and derive some utility from it. how about you just think about the "money" in terms of buyins - that beat cost me about 100 buyins, which is a gigantic # relative to anyone's bankroll, regardless of whether you're playing $5 or $500 tourneys.
Twelve.
Fascinating, so to expound (hope you don't mind), you're saying that Bkice has all 12 months of the year to nurture his talents and one hand shouldn't bring him down after all the highs (yes play on words) he's accomplished these past 12 months. A simply astute analysis with a touch of brevity. I love it. We'll see what pele_br has to say though. He may have a point you'd like to consider. Pele_br, the floor is yours.
Fascinating, so to expound (hope you don't mind), you're saying that Bkice has all 12 months of the year to nurture his talents and one hand shouldn't bring him down after all the highs (yes play on words) he's accomplished these past 12 months. A simply astute analysis with a touch of brevity. I love it. We'll see what pele_br has to say though. He may have a point you'd like to consider. Pele_br, the floor is yours.
It took 14 pages, but we are finally getting somewhere...
why do you assume it's a black and white thing? i don't think i would play poker if there was no monetary reward, but at the same time, i would never do something just to make money, i have to enjoy doing it and derive some utility from it. how about you just think about the "money" in terms of buyins - that beat cost me about 100 buyins, which is a gigantic # relative to anyone's bankroll, regardless of whether you're playing $5 or $500 tourneys.
um, i agree. in fact, that post makes perfect sense. i am quite certain if you'd made it 14 pages ago, this thread would've died on page 2, after about a dozen "congrats BK" and "tough beat" posts.
, but for the life of me i can't figure out why these people who don't know me at all constantly insult and question me.
Do you need to understand why donks like to check raise all in on the turn with a gutshot?
Did anyone watch the final table of the $30 rebuy 6-max last night with Moneymaker (PearlJammer ended up winning)? Not only was the rail riding him hard, but one of the other players was taking dig after dig at him. Instead of becoming defensive he acted like nothing but a gent. Having thick skin is a must when you get to the top of the food chain and are in a public spotlight.
That paragraph was directed at you. At this point in your poker career you have to pick your battles and this is hardly one worth wasting your typing skillz on. If PMJackson or Steve7Stud started throwing you under the bus I would say man up, but these other guys??? edit: these are the guys who you interact with often and who you would consider friends. As good friends, I would leave it up to folks like them to help keep your ego in check.

fwiw, this will hopefully be my last post in this thread and on this forum. i have absolutely no clue why i've maintained an account here for so long, but it is clear there is a very significant portion of this forum that strongly dislikes me and will constantly be saying thing to me trying to create 10 page threads like this, and the one before it, and so on. i asked bob to lock/delete this thread and to lock/ban my account. as so many people have pointed out to me, FCP provides absolutely no value to me and there isn't really any point in continuing to be a part of this community with so much negativity and drama all the time. good luck with poker and life. www.thepokerhaus.com/forum, anyone who is interested in real poker discussion and improving at this game, please stop by.

www.thepokerhaus.com/forum, anyone who is interested in real poker discussion and improving at this game, please stop by.
Lol, The funny thing is that I really do want to improve my game yet I bet I would not get any help there. Good luck.end scene...
fwiw, this will hopefully be my last post in this thread and on this forum. i have absolutely no clue why i've maintained an account here for so long, but it is clear there is a very significant portion of this forum that strongly dislikes me and will constantly be saying thing to me trying to create 10 page threads like this, and the one before it, and so on. i asked bob to lock/delete this thread and to lock/ban my account. as so many people have pointed out to me, FCP provides absolutely no value to me and there isn't really any point in continuing to be a part of this community with so much negativity and drama all the time. good luck with poker and life. www.thepokerhaus.com/forum, anyone who is interested in real poker discussion and improving at this game, please stop by.
This is officially my 14th favorite thread ever.
I'm sure when you learn not to confuse insults and constructive criticism, you'll be welcomed back. In the meantime, enjoy RAB's tongue. It is silky-smooth.Also, can we have a ban on Pokerhaus spam? I'm not sure I understand why it's allowed to continue.