Yeah, I've been messing around with the over-bet on the river. I think a set is great time to do it when obv draws missed, or when flush card gave us a boat etc...
That'll work in lower limits where people can't fold hands... but I'm talking more along the lines of thisFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($50)Hero (BB) ($52.05)UTG ($65.05)MP ($89.40)CO ($46.70)Button ($113.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7heart.gif, Aspade.gif2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, Hero checksFlop: ($1.50) 5diamond.gif, Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, SB calls $1Turn: ($3.50) 9heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($3.50) Aclub.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $50.55 (All-In), SB calls $48.50 (All-In)Total pot: $100.50 | Rake: $3Results:SB had 5club.gif, 7diamond.gif (full house, Aces over fives).Hero had 7heart.gif, Aspade.gif (four of a kind, Aces).Outcome: Hero won $97.50
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy shit midstakes on AP was soooooooo fishy this morning.:feral_cow:v1.05once a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.HEM/Absolute NL Hold'em $2.00/$4.00 - 6 playersButton JODAWG: $874.30 SB METTE_MARIT: $150.00 BB Hero: $830.50 UTG YOYOLAFOUDRE: $310.00 UTG+1 OHHENRY83: $728.00 CO PENGUINS25: $800.00 Preflop: ($6.00) (6 players)3 folds, JODAWG raises to $16, METTE_MARIT folds, Hero raises to $58, JODAWG calls $42.00Flop: ($118.00) 2h.gifTs.gif4h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $86.00, JODAWG calls $86.00Turn: ($290.00) 6c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $212.00, JODAWG raises to $424, Hero raises to $686.5, JODAWG calls $262.50River: ($1663.00) 6d.gif (2 players)JODAWG showed 9s.gif2c.gif, Hero showed Qd.gifQh.gif, Hero won 1659.50Normally I'd be puking on the turn because 2-4 is taking a shot for me, but this guysucked and I was fairly sure I had a timing tell from the flop (instacall). He then timebanked forever and I knew I was good or getting slowrolled, I wasp raying for a fold so that he didn't make a ridic two pair on river. This'll do though.

what exactly qualifies as a lot?PTR only has 200k hands on him in a year...I have 50k hands in this month of September...
Yeah I don't think 200k is a ton of hands, on the year, it's actually kind of weak. But he hasn't been grinding the entire year hard. But he doesn't put in a ton of hands any way (I'd say he puts in avg/below avg for a pro) it's just that when he plays he usually has about 12 tables open. He game selects hard too, but he basically opens like 4-6HU tables, finds some decent 6max tables, and also plays FR tables. The biggest difference b/w our game selection is that I'm willing to just play like 1-2 tables waiting for better games, sitting on waitlists, and just TR'ing people in bigger games to find fish/add buddies. I think he probably thinks he's a little better and doesn't need to go through that work, because when you start games at 6max they often fill up with fish.
Holy shit midstakes on AP was soooooooo fishy this morning.:feral_cow:v1.05once a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.HEM/Absolute NL Hold'em $2.00/$4.00 - 6 playersButton JODAWG: $874.30 SB METTE_MARIT: $150.00 BB Hero: $830.50 UTG YOYOLAFOUDRE: $310.00 UTG+1 OHHENRY83: $728.00 CO PENGUINS25: $800.00 Preflop: ($6.00) (6 players)3 folds, JODAWG raises to $16, METTE_MARIT folds, Hero raises to $58, JODAWG calls $42.00Flop: ($118.00) 2h.gifTs.gif4h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $86.00, JODAWG calls $86.00Turn: ($290.00) 6c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $212.00, JODAWG raises to $424, Hero raises to $686.5, JODAWG calls $262.50River: ($1663.00) 6d.gif (2 players)JODAWG showed 9s.gif2c.gif, Hero showed Qd.gifQh.gif, Hero won 1659.50Normally I'd be puking on the turn because 2-4 is taking a shot for me, but this guysucked and I was fairly sure I had a timing tell from the flop (instacall). He then timebanked forever and I knew I was good or getting slowrolled, I wasp raying for a fold so that he didn't make a ridic two pair on river. This'll do though.
I :club: weekend poker.
The biggest difference b/w our game selection is that I'm willing to just play like 1-2 tables waiting for better games, sitting on waitlists, and just TR'ing people in bigger games to find fish/add buddies. I think he probably thinks he's a little better and doesn't need to go through that work, because when you start games at 6max they often fill up with fish.
Yeah game selection is definitely a skill I have to hone. I just look for games with big pot averages and an above average player to flop and join... then leave when my HUD indicates the game is poor. I can get away with it at .25/.50 because the games are so bad and there is rarely a player I don't have at least some kind of edge on.And yah, starting a new table was an old trick I learned from my buddy Caleb about a year and a half ago.12 tables isn't really a ton, but I guess when 4 of them are HU tables that's a crazy amount. I can effectively deepstack 16 FR tables... but after playing with that for a while to clear bonus, I'm finding it's still better for me just to play 8 six max tables.
Also, random, but does AK post here anymore? I need to thank him for all his posting in '08. If I didn't spend the time reading all his posts I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing right now.
The former Challenge Thread started an invitation-only forum called 4bb. I think you can find him there. Ask skillz.

Hmm... I didn't know you applied, did you fill out the application? I don't decide anything about who gets in, but they usually accept people unless they troll a lot or didn't fill out the app. Yeah, Matt probably never comes by anymore, much like most people you don't see anymore. I'll pass on the word to him, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear it.

any 1/2 regs here?a friend of mine came over today and he played 1/2 FULL RING for a while. he's a marginal winner at those limits. my God what a nitfest, at least, that was what my impression was. anytime someone raised you could be sure as stone that he had a big hand. no matter how implausible the holding seemed, he'd show down some fullhouse or straight flush.

*shrug* I'm not offended. I do have a low content post to valuable content post ratio of like 10:1. They will just be mad when I TP/MM
When did you apply? I just want to see wtf they said about why the didn't let you in. Usually there's a lot of debate when they are thinkin about not accepting someone and maybe no one knew who you were? Most of the people left nl strat before you came. I mean, if you want to be in the forum I think the SSNL thread there would be really beneficial for you. There's a lot of good grinders that play from $10nl-$100nl that post in there and bounce ideas off of one another.
any 1/2 regs here?a friend of mine came over today and he played 1/2 FULL RING for a while. he's a marginal winner at those limits. my God what a nitfest, at least, that was what my impression was. anytime someone raised you could be sure as stone that he had a big hand. no matter how implausible the holding seemed, he'd show down some fullhouse or straight flush.
Ryan plays quite a bit of FR, so does Jesse (deuces something or other, god I can't think of his sn). Jesse is a LAGbeast, I've never discussed FR with him, but Ryan says that most people play like 14/11, he said that limping behind is a little bit better than isoing all the time and 3betting the shit out of LP openers cuz regs stats are literally like 13/11 with 45% steal or something.
Details?
Don't really have any. I filled out the application, did the test thinger, replied to the questions honestly/harshly, refused to entertain a gay thought, and got an email saying I been denied.
Pretty sure no short stackers allowed ;)JK, but you would hear "buy-in full" and "auto top-off" to infinity...
This is probably a lot more accurate than you think, although I am finally playing at 100BB's atm.
Dear Temporary Nuts,It would be a blow to FCP Strat if you move to 4bb.Sincerely,BaseJester
I wouldn't leave FCP Strat imo. I owe this community after what I got out of it. But I'm a multi-forum guy. I actually press refresh on like 5 different forums way too often every day (not all of them are poker forums).
what exactly qualifies as a lot?PTR only has 200k hands on him in a year...I have 50k hands in this month of September...
What's your FTP sn? Need to watch out if I ever play FR :club:
*shrug* I'm not offended. I do have a low content post to valuable content post ratio of like 10:1. They will just be mad when I TP/MM
Pfft, mine is like 250:1
Don't really have any. I filled out the application, did the test thinger, replied to the questions honestly/harshly, refused to entertain a gay thought, and got an email saying I been denied.
There's your problem :ts
I moved over to FR temporarily to improve my post flop play, since it has to be much better there.
This just isn't true. Your postflop play needs to be better the fewer the people that are involved in playing. The more often you need to play hands the more postflop decisions you make. FR you are dealing with people on very narrow ranges, 6max it widens quite a bit, heads up it widens a lot more. The wider a range you play against the more difficult the postflop decision will be.
This just isn't true. Your postflop play needs to be better the fewer the people that are involved in playing. The more often you need to play hands the more postflop decisions you make. FR you are dealing with people on very narrow ranges, 6max it widens quite a bit, heads up it widens a lot more. The wider a range you play against the more difficult the postflop decision will be.
it worked imoWhat you say is true, but it's easier to learn to fold hands you should be folding on the river when the range is narrower. Personally, I don't learn a game by putting the level on All Madden and get my ass handed to me and have no clue where to start to improve.