i was bored earlier at home with the kid so i decided to watch a few $10/$20 NL tables.this hand came up and confused the hell out of me.Poker Stars $10/$20 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 246202The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP1: $1971.00MP2: $2106.00CO: $1970.00BTN: $2310.00SB: $2317.00BB: $2534.00UTG: $1400.00UTG+1: $2967.00Pre Flop: ($30.00)4 folds, CO raises to $60, 1 fold, SB raises to $100, BB raises to $140, CO calls $80, SB calls $40Flop: ($420.00) 5 :4h 7 :club: 7 :D(3 players)SB checks, BB bets $260, CO calls $260, SB calls $260Turn: ($1200.00) A :5c(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, CO checksRiver: ($1200.00) 4 :ts(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, CO checksFinal Pot: $1200.00SB shows K :3h K :qh (two pair, Kings and Sevens)BB shows A :jh 8 :D (two pair, Aces and Sevens)BB wins $1197.00(Rake: $3.00)what u guys think???? pretty standard to 3bet minraise and call a 4 bet minraise with kings.. had me LOL'ing
There is def not a rule that the higher you play the better the players. There are fish at every level.
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think we have. I haven;t read that. I'm currently reading "Lies My Teacher Told me about America" or something similar, can't find the title my gf put it somewhere! I've read parts of "A People's History of the United States" by Zinn and I have "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bryson, but haven't read it.
Yeah, I had a history teacher in highschool that had us read excerpts from the Zinn book. I enjoyed it.That said, I think "Made In America" is probably the best and funniest book on American history that I've ever read, and I've always felt I'd make it required reading if I was a history teacher. It somewhat highlights the English language in the US, but it still has just so many amazing historical anecdotes. I'm sure that kids would appreciate it.Bryson's likely my second favorite author. I've read almost everything he's written.

What do you say to a buddy who is letting aggrotards punish him all the time, and whose response to my asking him why he allows it to happen is"The one time I play back at them they have the trips/set/made-hand etc...."I don't know how to explain the situation very well or how I want to respond to him, but if anyone has any suggestions...

What do you say to a buddy who is letting aggrotards punish him all the time, and whose response to my asking him why he allows it to happen is"The one time I play back at them they have the trips/set/made-hand etc...."I don't know how to explain the situation very well or how I want to respond to him, but if anyone has any suggestions...
4 wordsstop being results orientedalso, likely why they only show up with bigger hands when he does come along is because he ONLY comes along with his overpairs or TP/TK type hands so it sends off a red flag

[x] worst day at nlhe cash ever[x] ran KK into AA 3 times in the first 500 hands[x] -6 bi at one point[x] partial robusto[x] not tilted (seriously)[x] looking forward to Sunday

[x] worst day at nlhe cash ever[x] ran KK into AA 3 times in the first 500 hands[x] -6 bi at one point[x] partial robusto[x] not tilted (seriously)[x] looking forward to Sunday
wow I wish that was my worst day. I seem to slide down 10-12bi on the regular.
on the short-stack or full?
shawty, but i keep the same BR requirements SS or full. Full stacked i seem to fluctuate a lot too... like 6 buys would be fairly normal imo... maybe it's just cuz i'm a donk and play big pots really thin

Villain is 22/15Besides not opening UTG with QJo, any comments??:feral_cow:v.893bYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 8 playersMP marcelescobar: $1.05 HJ boorox22: $7.33 CO Snow Cheetah: $5.19 Button 1337pok9r: $5.00 SB derrike77: $5.15 BB iceman8383: $6.58 UTG Hero: $5.07 UTG+1 rataxes: $9.96 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with :qh: :5c: (8 players)Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Snow Cheetah calls $0.15, 1337pok9r folds, derrike77 folds, iceman8383 calls $0.10Flop: ($0.47) :jh: :4h: :3h: (3 players)iceman8383 checks, Hero bets $0.31, Snow Cheetah calls $0.31, iceman8383 calls $0.31Turn: ($1.40) :ts: (3 players)iceman8383 checks, Hero bets $1, Snow Cheetah calls $1, iceman8383 foldsRiver: ($3.40) :club:: (2 players)Hero??

I probably c/f to a big bet but if he lays me something decent in terms of odds, I'm not hating a call.

Villain is 22/15Besides not opening UTG with QJo, any comments??:feral_cow:v.893bYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 8 playersMP marcelescobar: $1.05 HJ boorox22: $7.33 CO Snow Cheetah: $5.19 Button 1337pok9r: $5.00 SB derrike77: $5.15 BB iceman8383: $6.58 UTG Hero: $5.07 UTG+1 rataxes: $9.96 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with :qh: :5c: (8 players)Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Snow Cheetah calls $0.15, 1337pok9r folds, derrike77 folds, iceman8383 calls $0.10Flop: ($0.47) :jh: :4h: :3h: (3 players)iceman8383 checks, Hero bets $0.31, Snow Cheetah calls $0.31, iceman8383 calls $0.31Turn: ($1.40) :ts: (3 players)iceman8383 checks, Hero bets $1, Snow Cheetah calls $1, iceman8383 foldsRiver: ($3.40) :club:: (2 players)Hero??
Check call. You've moved into missed flush draw / bluff catching territory now.

got this in my inbox from PTR's mailing list:

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our recentsurvey - we are absolutely blown away by the response (in thethousands) - and by the thoughts and details presented.We've pored over each and every one of the responses (whew!) andcarefully categorized them to give us a feel for what the PTRplaying community is made up of - what you care about, and, whatyou want.Did you know, for instance, that 23.4% of you describe your playinglevel at "expert" or above? And, more than two-thirds of you(68.1%) describe yourselves as "intermediate" or "advanced" players?
lol, almost a quarter of poker players on PTR believe they're EXPERTS?