• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Teach 7th and 8th Social Studies. 7th is American history from first people-Lincoln Assassination. 8th is Reconstruction - Present.I'll look at the hand.
We may've had this conversation, but have you read "Made In America" by Bill Bryson?
We may've had this conversation, but have you read "Made In America" by Bill Bryson?
I don't think we have. I haven;t read that. I'm currently reading "Lies My Teacher Told me about America" or something similar, can't find the title my gf put it somewhere! I've read parts of "A People's History of the United States" by Zinn and I have "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bryson, but haven't read it.

TN, I still <3 you obvBut I'm having trouble with the ss-ers, figuring out limp/standard raise/shove ranges.Also, at the micros when people min-3bet ie, hero bets 3bb, villain raise to 5bbI feel like a fool when I fold for 2bb more, but the majorty of my range I don't 4bet is way behind what they min 3bet, no???

TN, I still <3 you obvBut I'm having trouble with the ss-ers, figuring out limp/standard raise/shove ranges.Also, at the micros when people min-3bet ie, hero bets 3bb, villain raise to 5bbI feel like a fool when I fold for 2bb more, but the majorty of my range I don't 4bet is way behind what they min 3bet, no???
The problem with that is, there are so many different types of shortstackers, fortunately most of them are bad. I'd suggest using a HUD to give you a general idea.Also...Why was I playing without a HUD before? I'm such an idiot
Why was I playing without a HUD before? I'm such an idiot
LOL. ;)It's much, much tougher to play without a HUD. And for every one that says they like to make reads and take notes so they don't want to use the HUD. You can do those things in addition to having a HUD. I don't see how more info on how someone plays can ever be a bad thing.

Yeah, I got tracking software and HUD at the beginning of August. I love it, but the short stackers H-N-R also, so you never get a great sample, <25 hands generally, but I stand by the statementavnvljbajvb, shortstackers die.Do shortstackers go away as you move up? 25nl, 50nl, etc?????

Shortstackers become more abundant as you move up. And they actually are pretty decent. I'd seek out 25 bb stacks at lower limits though. Those guys are usually really bad players.like 25bb-85bb stacks are not regs and if they are they aren't good regs.

LOL. ;)It's much, much tougher to play without a HUD. And for every one that says they like to make reads and take notes so they don't want to use the HUD. You can do those things in addition to having a HUD. I don't see how more info on how someone plays can ever be a bad thing.
That was never the reasoning. I was a "purist" in the sense that I felt it was cheating... yes my ethics are odd since i was short stacking hit and running for the longest...I eventually broke down after not having the month I wanted to have and decided money was money

i was bored earlier at home with the kid so i decided to watch a few $10/$20 NL tables.this hand came up and confused the hell out of me.Poker Stars $10/$20 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 246202The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP1: $1971.00MP2: $2106.00CO: $1970.00BTN: $2310.00SB: $2317.00BB: $2534.00UTG: $1400.00UTG+1: $2967.00Pre Flop: ($30.00)4 folds, CO raises to $60, 1 fold, SB raises to $100, BB raises to $140, CO calls $80, SB calls $40Flop: ($420.00) 5 :4h 7 :club: 7 :D(3 players)SB checks, BB bets $260, CO calls $260, SB calls $260Turn: ($1200.00) A :5c(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, CO checksRiver: ($1200.00) 4 :ts(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, CO checksFinal Pot: $1200.00SB shows K :3h K :qh (two pair, Kings and Sevens)BB shows A :jh 8 :D (two pair, Aces and Sevens)BB wins $1197.00(Rake: $3.00)what u guys think???? pretty standard to 3bet minraise and call a 4 bet minraise with kings.. had me LOL'ing