What Is Your Longest Bad Run?

I am curious about the streaks that we all go through.Mine is going on 5 months now. I know that in that time I have made some bad plays and tilted off some chips. But the overwhelming majority of the hands have been just unreal bad beats.I'm not going broke or anything, but it sure is getting tough to enjoy the game when absolutely nothing seems to click. So... what is your longest bad run......and how did you deal with it?

46 years.What do I win?To answer more seriously, if it gets beyond a month or so, time to examine your play. In fact, after a couple weeks, you probably have something that needs to be addressed.

3-4 monthsstayd away from poker for a month or so, watched high stakes poker season 1 and reminded myself that no matter how bad I run, DN's run will always be worse.

whwnever i hit a few bad weeks i take one or 2 weeks offdont think about poker, come on fcp, start up pokerstars or anythingi usually play better like that

Umm...3-4 weeks?That's the longest I've gone running just disgustingly bad. When I run bad a pair of weeks, I take time off, read some basic poker strategy articles and try to get back on track. Usually, my bad run is a result of crap luck mixed with imperfect play. If I play perfect, or at least what I feel is extremely solid poker, my bad runs usually turn into break even runs and eventaully the cads start falling my way again.

Well, I play different than most do on here. I'll put X amount on a site and play regularly for 2-3 weeks then pull it all off and not play for a week or two. I find that for me, it keeps me interested in what I'm doing and making fewer idiot plays cuz I'm getting tired from the grind or whatever. -shrug-

Granted, I play 1/10 of 1% compared to most, but I've been stuck with an online BR that has not changed +/- $50 for almost two years. Unlike Alanis sings, this really is ironic, because I am quote "a winning player" online by definition, but I haven't really "won" anything since my first 6 months, when I tripled my initial buy-in.Wait a minute...the more I learn about this game, the more my BR flatlines? I knew it was all luck and/or online poker is rigged for newbies!

Going on 4 months. So Sick....
totally reasonable and doable in a live poker setting. OP, if you're playing online for a good amount (20k+ hands a month) and you have 4 losing months in a row, then you are not a winning player at the stakes you're at.also you're not getting bad beat every hand. believe me, i know it feels this way, but it's not the case. i would guess that you are also missing a lot of value from the hands you do win. what do i base this on? the fact that we all miss value. our hand reading can always be better. and believe me, if you were AMAZING at putting opponents on ranges and knowing how to exploit them then all the other hands would more than compensate for the horrific bad beats and coolers. ex: if brain townsend played 2K hands a day of of 1/2 NLHE, every day, he would have a 20K-hand break even stretch like once in 5 lifetimes.
Granted, I play 1/10 of 1% compared to most, but I've been stuck with an online BR that has not changed +/- $50 for almost two years. Unlike Alanis sings, this really is ironic, because I am quote "a winning player" online by definition, but I haven't really "won" anything since my first 6 months, when I tripled my initial buy-in.Wait a minute...the more I learn about this game, the more my BR flatlines? I knew it was all luck and/or online poker is rigged for newbies!
sure feels like this...I went like 60% cashes in my first 9 sng's on FTP, then went quiet for the next 8. Of course, after the run of 66% cashes, I moved up a notch in buyins and got it handed to me.....totally newbie rigged...now, I'm back in the black, sitting at 32% in the money...J

im still fairly new, but id imagine that a week or so of bad luck will lead to bad play...which wont be caught until the 2-3 week mark by a good player

Similar thing happened to meI was bored waiting for my job start and had a friend send me $20I built it up to over $100 and have had it around there (give or take $25)Right now im @ 116, its really sad

I've run bad my whole life. I've never not been badbeated in a tourney. I'm supposed to win everytime I have AA and he has 44

Since march for me. was FTing on a regular basis before the cold stretch. I ran bad for about 2 months and then started playing bad. Now its like I forgot how to play poker. I try to take breaks but I cant seem to stay away. down 1500 in that time playing 11-33 buy in tourneys,.25/.50nl and 1/2-2/4 limit games. I need to catch a break real soon and get back on track.

also you're not getting bad beat every hand. believe me, i know it feels this way, but it's not the case. i would guess that you are also missing a lot of value from the hands you do win. what do i base this on? the fact that we all miss value. our hand reading can always be better. and believe me, if you were AMAZING at putting opponents on ranges and knowing how to exploit them then all the other hands would more than compensate for the horrific bad beats and coolers. ex: if brain townsend played 2K hands a day of of 1/2 NLHE, every day, he would have a 20K-hand break even stretch like once in 5 lifetimes.
Wow, that hits the nail right on the head. I think far too many of us focus too much on the beats and the hands we lose, and not nearly enough on extracting the max on the hands that we win.