Poker-edge.com Yourself

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, and probably exactly what I would have said about myself.Pre-Flop Tendency: SEMI LOOSE - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes neutral players in BLACK for easy identification.Player Type : You are a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). Your Aggressive play Pre and Post Flop makes the table fear you. The Poker-Edge software shows you the Bombs by placing an icon next to their name at the table!Strengths: Your aggressive nature is your biggest strength. You win many pots on bluffs and semi-bluffs.Weaknesses: Your biggest weakness is you sometimes lack discipline. Your aggression is unwarranted sometimes. People slowplay or check-raise you because they know you will bet.Best Advice: Work on your discipline, and you will be a shark.

http://www.poker-edge.com/whoami.phphit yourself with a search see what people could figure out about yourself in seconds. I was surprised I never knew about this.
I call BS. 3 of my SN's, past and present, showed 3 different analysis. Mouse, Maniac (helllooooo, opposite anyone?)Still cool tho, but I wouldn't drop a dime on it.
I call BS. 3 of my SN's, past and present, showed 3 different analysis. Mouse, Maniac (helllooooo, opposite anyone?)Still cool tho, but I wouldn't drop a dime on it.
i wouldnt pay for it either. it would just save me the time of typing in everyone's name if i did. The likely reason that you have different styles on different sites is because you probably have a smaller or bigger sample for them to judge your play on. Whatever site you play on the most is probably the most like you. Im not sure how far back there HH's go but i doubt it's more then a year or 2.

On Stars, I'm a Bomb, on UB, I'm a Calling Station, and on Pacific Poker (which by the way still has BY FAR the worst players!!) I seem to be a Green Fish.That even makes at least partly sense, as with regularly 40-50% of the players seeing the flop on Pacific, and also paying you off big time when you hit a set for example, you can play far more loose than normal.

Player Type : You are a Rock (Tight-Passive/Aggressive). People hardly notice you are at the table because you play so few hands. The Poker-Edge software shows you the Rocks by placing an icon next to their name at the table!Strengths: You are selective with your starting hands, giving you an edge over looser players. You are aggressive PostFlop and bet your hands for value. You will be profitable at weak to average tables.Weaknesses: You are not aggressive enough preflop - only raising with elite hands. A good player can easily put you on a hand, since you only call with great hands, and raise with elite ones. Aggressive players will repeatedly steal your blinds.Best Advice: Open up your game - play more aggressively PreFlop, defend your blinds, and play more hands in late position. Pay attention to your table image - bluff when people think you never bluff.PT has me as a Warning.

<----- Calling Station! "The most unprofitable" style? Or just "completely unbluffable?" :club: Curious as to what they look at--MTTs, ring, SNGs. Cuz I have a decent SNG ROI and I've got a 70+% win rate in HU matches. That said, I fully admit I'm not as good in ring games, and even with a 3rd in a 100-man MTT last weekend, my tourney record has traditionally been pretty fishy...

Pre-Flop Tendency: TIGHT - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes tight players in RED for easy identification.Player Type : You are a Bomb (Aggressive/Aggressive). Your Aggressive play Pre and Post Flop makes the table fear you. The Poker-Edge software shows you the Bombs by placing an icon next to their name at the table!Strengths: You are selective with your starting hands, giving you an edge over looser players. Your aggressive nature is your biggest strength. You win many pots on bluffs and semi-bluffs.Weaknesses: Your biggest weakness is you sometimes lack discipline. Your aggression is unwarranted sometimes. People slowplay or check-raise you because they know you will bet.Best Advice: Work on your discipline, and you will be a shark.I am pretty tight, unless I play cash games. Then, i'm just a donk.

It's a great idea. But I don't think it's developed enough yet to be dependable.I'm a bomb, fwiw.Also, lol @ the hand it saved for me. I raised pre-flop with 78 suited, and the flop came K78!! Wooo Hooo, NICE! $105 pot win :-)

Says I'm a maniac, but does it take into account that I play mostly HU?
Definitely not. Says I'm a bomb and I bluff a lot. Well of course it does - I played mainly HU for 6 months. However, my MTT game is much tighter (obviously). The site clearly doesn't take into effect the structure of the tournaments you play.

Apparently I'm a "red fish", lol... The info about me is incorrect though, I wouldn't take that site too seriously.ETA:

Also, lol @ the hand it saved for me. I raised pre-flop with 78 suited, and the flop came K78!! Wooo Hooo, NICE! $105 pot win :-)
Funny, I am 100% certain I never played the hand they saved for me there - it says I lost a 400$ pot with KK, but I have never been in a pot that was even nearly that big...

THANK YOU, OP, FOR THIS HEADS UP...WHAT A COOL WEBSITEPre-Flop Tendency: LOOSE - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes loose players in GREEN for easy identification.Player Type : You are a MANIAC (Extremely Loose-Aggressive/Aggressive). Your presence alone changes the entire dynamic of the table. The Poker-Edge software shows you the Maniacs by placing an icon next to their name at the table so you can easily trap them.Strengths: Because of your crazy reputation, you will get paid off big on your big hands. When you win, you win HUGE. Most players at the table fear you.Weaknesses: As a loose player, you are often behind when you enter pots. You will end up in dominated situations against better players, and unless you have excellent judgement they will take your money. Your maniacal behavior is ironically predictable. Good players will wait for strong hands and let you bet into them. When you lose, you lose big. In fact, even when you are winning big, there's a good chance you might lose it all before the night is over.Best Advice: Tighten up your starting hand requirements. Work on self control. Pay attention to your table image - if people always think you are bluffing, only bet strong hands.

Apparently I'm a "red fish", lol... The info about me is incorrect though, I wouldn't take that site too seriously.ETA:Funny, I am 100% certain I never played the hand they saved for me there - it says I lost a 400$ pot with KK, but I have never been in a pot that was even nearly that big...
it doesn't tell the difference between cash game and tourney chips.

Pre-Flop Tendency: TIGHT - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes tight players in RED for easy identification.Player Type : You are a Rock (Tight-Passive/Aggressive). People hardly notice you are at the table because you play so few hands. The Poker-Edge software shows you the Rocks by placing an icon next to their name at the table!Strengths: You are selective with your starting hands, giving you an edge over looser players. You are aggressive PostFlop and bet your hands for value. You will be profitable at weak to average tables.Weaknesses: You are not aggressive enough preflop - only raising with elite hands. A good player can easily put you on a hand, since you only call with great hands, and raise with elite ones. Aggressive players will repeatedly steal your blinds.Best Advice: Open up your game - play more aggressively PreFlop, defend your blinds, and play more hands in late position. Pay attention to your table image - bluff when people think you never bluff.I don't really agree with some of this stuff. Lol.

SHIP ONE MILLION DOLLARS IMMED PLSKTHXPlay With pattypoker21 (stars)Pre-Flop Tendency: TIGHT - The Poker-Edge software automatically color codes tight players in RED for easy identification.Player Type : Congratulations, you are a Shark (Tight-Aggressive/Aggressive). Your Tight-Aggressive PreFlop play and Aggressive PostFlop play will earn you great profits at the Poker Table. The Poker-Edge software clearly shows you the Sharks by placing an icon next to their name at the table so you can aviod confrontations.Strengths: You are selective with your starting hands, giving you an edge over looser players. It's hard to tell when you are bluffing because you are always aggressive. You are on the winning side of a majority of your showdowns.Weaknesses: As a shark, you have few weaknesses. You may get bored from winning all the time.Best Advice: Get an elbow brace so you don't develop arthritis from dragging in all those pots.

i wouldnt pay for it either. it would just save me the time of typing in everyone's name if i did. The likely reason that you have different styles on different sites is because you probably have a smaller or bigger sample for them to judge your play on. Whatever site you play on the most is probably the most like you. Im not sure how far back there HH's go but i doubt it's more then a year or 2.
Yeah I hear ya, but Mouse, Maniac, and Bomb seem to be pretty opposite of one another. Makes me question how much of a sample do they really have? Seems like you're basically buying a pretty random analysis (and by "buy", I don't necessarily mean "pay").Oh and FYI, the "free" version sucks even further because it combines cash games stats with tourney stats. Well, gee, thanks. So a guy who plays 50 hours/week playing heads up is going to be a Bomb/Maniac and then plays a few tournaments, he is downright passive compared to that. Result? Bad analysis. Anyone who would pay for this is downright a Dr. Seuss Red Fish Blow Fish Hootie Dumb FishIf you're talking strictly tournaments, I think it's more important to be more along the lines of a "BOMB" than a "SHARK". Tight aggressive.....that is so 1999.

I remember seeing a demo of this software on youtube recently. I also read that the software is banned on PartyPoker and PokerStars because they consider it an unfair advantage. According to the Poker-Edge FAQ it can't be detected... but I'm not sure how much I would trust that.Yes I'm a new poster here, but saw this topic and figured I'd share.

I'm a bomb and I agreed with everything they described about me :icon_doh:but thats what makes me a MTT sicko.This site doesn't know how sick I am at switching gears.Semi-Loose MY @ss
Semi loose means exactly that, you switch gears