Just thanks. In my humble opinion...you have now given me life...twice.July 9th, 1973, I was born to Thomas and Teresa Watters, and they have done and did all they can and could to make sure I had what I needed. We weren't rich...but we never lacked anything. My parents worked hard. They always took care of me and my two sisters. In May 1995, my Mom passed away from complications from breast cancer. I know my Mom watches me and my family and friends from wherever she is right now, doing her best to influence us with the morals and lessons she has given our family...I'm convinced now that she is watching and protecting me. Who else would?I was at a card game on the East Side of Buffalo. It was not a big game...two $20 tourneys...there were 9 guys total. I won one, and busted in the other...making me up $50 for the night. We leave the game, and my housemate and I get in his truck. He has a Jeep Liberty. No sooner we both get in the truck, lock the door, and start it up...a guy runs up to the side of the truck....the side I am on...and begins to very violently jam the barrel of a short shotgun into the glass of the door I was next to. Before my housemate could react...I couldn't get the words out of my mouth what was happening...the guy musta hit the window 4 or 5 times. The window...DID NOT BREAK. I yell GO!...we speed off, and I hear a what can only be described as a cross between a crack and a bang. We hauled *** outta the East Side, running at least one red light, to a gas station near the Cheektowaga/Buffalo border to examine the car. In the back panel, there is a rather large hole. Now...and maybe someone could elaborate some who knows about guns(and cars)...I cannot tell if the hole if because we sped away and since he was jamming the barrel of that gun very hard...I cannot tell if he shot or just speared the truck with the gun as we sped away. I will get you pictures of this hole as soon as I can.It, however, is about "baby fist" sized...as if your 5-6 year old nephew were to punch a hole in the car with his hand. It's dark...I didn't notice a slug or shards of metal or fiberglass(is the body of a Liberty metal or glass?)...and I honestly don't know what a shotgun would sound like with all the windows closed at point blank range shooting directly into the body of the car. How the hole got there really is moot. That window should broke. That guy was railing on that thing with the metal barrel of that shotgun.There have been a rash of killings on the lower East and West sides....here is a link to an article about it...right in these kneighborhoods...http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060707/1061412.asphttp://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060708/3007624.aspI cannot help but think that I could have easily been the next article on someone needlessly killed....that window did not break. The guy did not choose to shoot that gun...he choose to try to shatter the window first. The window did not break. This all happened around Midnight or so tonight...July 9th...my birthday.Maybe I'm sappy and everything...but how did that window not break? It's not a windshield...the side windows break on a car easy, right? Especially when you are jamming HARD the metal barrel of a shotgun into it, right? It did not.I think...and here I guess is where spirituality comes in...but I think my Mom...because who else would...protected me and my housemate tonight. That window didn't break...I was not shot and robbed...the truck only has a hole in it...Call me crazy....but life truly is the best birthday gift I could ever, ever receive. I am truly blessed.Look...I'm not gonna get all God on ya folks...but I truly feel as if I used a life up tonight. I am blessed.Thanks for listening. :club:

whew, close call. sounds like you are appropriately thankful for life after coming so close to losing it. i'm glad someone was looking down on you.i might suggest not going back to the game.

whew, close call. sounds like you are appropriately thankful for life after coming so close to losing it. i'm glad someone was looking down on you.i might suggest not going back to the game.
Or at least not winning any money in it. Seriously though, glad you were ok. Sounds like a very scary ordeal.

Wow! First of all I'm glad that everything turned out okay, you and your friend were able to "speed away..." At times things happen in life probably to give us a bit of a "reality check" of how our lives are really short lived. It really is and at times we forget to stop, think, take a deep breath and reflect of how truly blessed we our. Having our health, family, food, a home and 2 feet to walk where ever we would like to. At times one takes for granted of ones life...Like you were mentioning earlier I do believe a higher power was looking over you tonight. Oh, Happy Birthday! :club: Congrats on your poker win! Any stories about that?N' Nice post thnx! It had me reflect upon myself :D GL 2 U

Just thanks. In my humble opinion...you have now given me life...twice.July 9th, 1973, I was born to Thomas and Teresa Watters, and they have done and did all they can and could to make sure I had what I needed. We weren't rich...but we never lacked anything. My parents worked hard. They always took care of me and my two sisters. In May 1995, my Mom passed away from complications from breast cancer. I know my Mom watches me and my family and friends from wherever she is right now, doing her best to influence us with the morals and lessons she has given our family...I'm convinced now that she is watching and protecting me. Who else would?I was at a card game on the East Side of Buffalo. It was not a big game...two $20 tourneys...there were 9 guys total. I won one, and busted in the other...making me up $50 for the night. We leave the game, and my housemate and I get in his truck. He has a Jeep Liberty. No sooner we both get in the truck, lock the door, and start it up...a guy runs up to the side of the truck....the side I am on...and begins to very violently jam the barrel of a short shotgun into the glass of the door I was next to. Before my housemate could react...I couldn't get the words out of my mouth what was happening...the guy musta hit the window 4 or 5 times. The window...DID NOT BREAK. I yell GO!...we speed off, and I hear a what can only be described as a cross between a crack and a bang. We hauled *** outta the East Side, running at least one red light, to a gas station near the Cheektowaga/Buffalo border to examine the car. In the back panel, there is a rather large hole. Now...and maybe someone could elaborate some who knows about guns(and cars)...I cannot tell if the hole if because we sped away and since he was jamming the barrel of that gun very hard...I cannot tell if he shot or just speared the truck with the gun as we sped away. I will get you pictures of this hole as soon as I can.It, however, is about "baby fist" sized...as if your 5-6 year old nephew were to punch a hole in the car with his hand. It's dark...I didn't notice a slug or shards of metal or fiberglass(is the body of a Liberty metal or glass?)...and I honestly don't know what a shotgun would sound like with all the windows closed at point blank range shooting directly into the body of the car. How the hole got there really is moot. That window should broke. That guy was railing on that thing with the metal barrel of that shotgun.There have been a rash of killings on the lower East and West sides....here is a link to an article about it...right in these kneighborhoods...http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060707/1061412.asphttp://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060708/3007624.aspI cannot help but think that I could have easily been the next article on someone needlessly killed....that window did not break. The guy did not choose to shoot that gun...he choose to try to shatter the window first. The window did not break. This all happened around Midnight or so tonight...July 9th...my birthday.Maybe I'm sappy and everything...but how did that window not break? It's not a windshield...the side windows break on a car easy, right? Especially when you are jamming HARD the metal barrel of a shotgun into it, right? It did not.I think...and here I guess is where spirituality comes in...but I think my Mom...because who else would...protected me and my housemate tonight. That window didn't break...I was not shot and robbed...the truck only has a hole in it...Call me crazy....but life truly is the best birthday gift I could ever, ever receive. I am truly blessed.Look...I'm not gonna get all God on ya folks...but I truly feel as if I used a life up tonight. I am blessed.Thanks for listening. :club:
scarey, my uncle is a cop (retired 2 days ago) so i know a fair bit about guns.sounds to me like he just had a 12 gauge shotty and the noise you heard was him shooting at you. the hole should be there that size depending on the closeness of him to the car at the time.the glass should not brake since its flexiglass of somekind. glad you got out of there without a scratch

So, the people who have been killed in this "rash of murders" weren't favored by God, did he hate them?Or they did not have loved one's looking out for them from beyond?What about the people who drove by there 5 minutes, 2 minutes, 30 seconds, 10 seconds before you? Wasn't God or their loved one's looking out for them more? They didn't even have a gun in their face, or a hole in their window. Did some force make them take 10 seconds longer to eat before they left, or tie a shoe that came untied?Sometimes a window will break, sometimes it won't.Occams razor, when you hear the beating of hooves, think horses not unicorns.Gratz on not being killed by that asshole though, I'm glad you made it out alive.

Glad you're safe and that everything turned out ok (well, aside from the hole at the back of the truck). On a side note, it does sorta let you appreciate how dangerous in must have been for Doyle Brunson and the other old time road gamblers who came into strange towns to play poker.

I'm certainly happy that you and your housemate were not hurt. That was quite a close call.Sorry to semi-change the topic ... but that type of incident is one good reason to make sure we can play poker on the internet legally. We should be allowed to play in the safely of our own homes without having to go out at night in search of a game ... in neighborhoods we might not feel comfortable in ... late at night ... playing with strangers ... etc.Congratulations on your escape!llou

So, the people who have been killed in this "rash of murders" weren't favored by God, did he hate them?Or they did not have loved one's looking out for them from beyond?What about the people who drove by there 5 minutes, 2 minutes, 30 seconds, 10 seconds before you? Wasn't God or their loved one's looking out for them more? They didn't even have a gun in their face, or a hole in their window. Did some force make them take 10 seconds longer to eat before they left, or tie a shoe that came untied?Sometimes a window will break, sometimes it won't.Occams razor, when you hear the beating of hooves, think horses not unicorns.Gratz on not being killed by that ******* though, I'm glad you made it out alive.
No...don't think anyone was less or more blessed by me...I simply think that someone somewhere, and I like to think my deceased Mom, gave me an assist last night, with it being my birthday and all. A little assist from the crib to make sure the anniversary of my birth was also not the anniversary of my death. I can't say what happened in the biblical sense with any others...but perhaps a higher power had different plans for them. Who knows?Poker? LOL...not much to say...7 loose agressive players just there to enjoy some cards pretty much. Took down first 9 handed SNG, busted in the second in 5th. :club:

I live not to far from Buffalo.. and right now it's a messed up place, with all the murders you see on the news, and the ones that don't make the news, its not even worth going to Buffalo right now if you ask me. Good to hear you made it out of the east side alive and with some cash to boot.

Sounds like a close one. Post the pics and i will give you my opinion.Moms are good for looking out for ya. My mom was hit by a car while crossing the street on wednesday. Surgery tomorrow. :club: Congrats on the clean get away.

Almost killed forum is dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn the street.. JK man.. happy birthday and glad you made it out!
:club::D classicand yeah, definitely happy nothing happened there man. you definitely were very fortunate no matter what.

People willing to kill other people for money is stupid. This probably sounds completely absurd, but eventhough it is still stealing, I admire people who try to steal but don't carry guns or knives, if they get caught, they get caught and accept the punishment.A lot of strange things happen. I saw a police video thing one day where this guy gets pulled over and has a bunch of dope in his drunk, yet he still lets the cop search it. Of course the cop finds it and puts him in the back seat of the cop car in handcuffs and then heads back over to the car.In the cop car you can hear the guy screaming "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!OH GOD, I'M SO SORRY. WHY DID I DO THIS, I'M SO STUPID. NO!!!!!!!! I'M SORRY, PLEASE NO!!!!!!!." The cop even hears him at comes back and asks him what's up and the guy is just says "I'm just freaking out because of how stupid I am." You find out later that the guy gets off because the evidence was collected wrong.Honesty is strange to. I was leaving the mall and the mall lot makes it very easy to squeal your tires even not meaning to. Well I kind of meant to squeal my tires, not a lot but just for fun. So I squeal my tires and pull out and not 15 seconds later a cop pulls me over. He says I squealed my tires and was going 30 in a 15 which is dumb because I wasn't. He was going to write me a ticket and then asks, "so why'd you do it, what's your excuse?" and I said, "I have no excuse, I did it, you caught me." He puts his book away and let me off with a warning. I'm happy your alive, someone is watching over you.

So, the people who have been killed in this "rash of murders" weren't favored by God, did he hate them?Or they did not have loved one's looking out for them from beyond?What about the people who drove by there 5 minutes, 2 minutes, 30 seconds, 10 seconds before you? Wasn't God or their loved one's looking out for them more? They didn't even have a gun in their face, or a hole in their window. Did some force make them take 10 seconds longer to eat before they left, or tie a shoe that came untied?Sometimes a window will break, sometimes it won't.Occams razor, when you hear the beating of hooves, think horses not unicorns.Gratz on not being killed by that asshole though, I'm glad you made it out alive.
thats a very sad way at looking at life. If you dont believe in God that's fine. But dont try and question his beliefs.