• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Cool thanks, looks like the same structure.
Changes I spotted:- only NHL undrafted players can be selected in the NG draft- payroll is $1000- farm players have to be promoted at the start of the season after they reach 41 games.
Changes I spotted:- only NHL undrafted players can be selected in the NG draft- payroll is $1000- farm players have to be promoted at the start of the season after they reach 41 games.
interesting, it's so low it actually decreases the value of prospects in a significant way. Especially D.
interesting, it's so low it actually decreases the value of prospects in a significant way. Especially D.
Yes but in the non-FCHL 1/2 leagues you can perpetually resign players so you have longer than 6 years for the player to mature.
TJ Hensick waived by Colorado.]who's gonna grab him?
Holy hell...that's an incredible fall from grace. I'd love to see Buffalo snag him, although we already have a crapload of pint sized offensive wizards who don't necessarily excel in their own end. I hope he goes to a team that really needs a top-six + PP threat.CBA 13.17 "If only one Club makes a claim for the player on whomwaivers have been requested, such player shall be transferred tothat Club. In the event that more than one Club makes a claimfor such player, he shall be transferred to the claiming Clubhaving earned the lowest percentage of possible points in theLeague standing at the time of the request for waivers or, ifwaivers are requested outside the playing season, then to theClub having earned the lowest percentage of possible points inthe preceding season's Schedule of Regular Season Games. If thesuccessful waiver claim is made before November 1st then thepriority shall be determined by the final standing in theLeague's Regular Season schedule the preceding season."So based on the above, Toronto gets him if they put in a claim. That would be a good destination IMO, they need a crafty center who can get Kessel the puck.*Edit* I guess Carolina has first shot since they've played one more game than Toronto but have the same points. I still see Toronto as a likely destination, Carolina has Staal coming back tonight and really no room for another center. I'm positively drooling over the idea of Hensick and Kessel clicking.
TJ Hensick waived by Colorado.]who's gonna grab him?
Feels like really too soon to give up on him. How bad was he playing to not fit on THAT roster? wow.PLEASE Carolina PLEASE! I have loved this guy since I saw him play in Vegas during Adam's Honeymoon. Go ahead, make sense of that one! :club:
Feels like really too soon to give up on him. How bad was he playing to not fit on THAT roster? wow.PLEASE Carolina PLEASE! I have loved this guy since I saw him play in Vegas during Adam's Honeymoon. Go ahead, make sense of that one! :club:
Heh, we definitely should have done drinks that week, would have been a good time. The whole thing with Hensick is that he wasn't playing at all in Colorado, he's only gotten into 7 games all season. Stastny, O'Reilly and Duchene have him effectively buried so he's been riding the press box most of the year. Even with that said, I'm still totally shocked that they went as far as to waive the kid, knowing full well that some team is absolutely going to pick him up.
its strange, you gotta think that some team would be willing to give up a pick for him. i can think of a few teams that need offensive help - minny, nashville and buffalo.
That too...it's almost impossible to comprehend that Hensick has no trade value...but then again I said the same thing about Cal O'Reilly and he actually cleared waivers earlier this year.
that'll put a dent in his calder hopesseems like analysts make entirely too much of +/-. del zotto played 21.5 minutes which looks to be about average for him. I would expect some serious benching if the first few on his watch were absolutely brutal.
I think not enough is made of it. I realize it is largely dependent on your team, so in general terms it is hard to give value for. But by comparing guys on the same team for instance, I think it can give a lot of help, especially for a defenceman. Hell, look at Rick Nash's +/- --- is he really that valuable to the team, even though there are other guys playing comparable even-strength minutes, with a much better +/-? Arguable for sure, but I think it is important.

It's the most misunderstood, incorrectly used stat of all time. MDG's post is proof. Are you really insinuating that Nash isn't that valuable?Goals on the PP do not count as pluses, goals against on the PK do not count as minuses. It's ok, but one has to understand the limitations of the stat, and most people who bring it up, simply do not.