• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

When I played NHL 10 the leafs drafted me. So I returned the game.
I have a Be A Pro goalie and he plays for the marlies. I suck so I should get the call up pretty soon! HEHEHEHEHEHE

I was gonna put this in the card collection thread, but didnt want to muddy it up.Then I was gonna put it in the Penguins thread, but I knew it would be all 1-sided in there. (with all due respect to the Pens fans)so i kept it here:Yesterday, as I peruse my local paper here in Toronto, I come upon an ad for the hockey card+collectibles Expo that has been discussed here. Hmmmm....interesting names doing signings....Pierre Larouche, Gordie Howe, some other old ones.....and, and.....MARIO LEMIEUX??!?!?!?!!? huh?At $200/$300 a pop, you can get Mario, the OWNER of the Pittsburgh Penguins, to sign your stuff. Am I the only one who finds this kinda crass (an owner charging for autographs?) and a little depressing (hasnt he got enough money without doing these shows?)Maybe its just me.

Dale brought this up and we discussed a bit some other thread..I think its ludicrous for Mario or any other athlete to charge for autographs.I would be ok with it IF it was for charity. But I dont think it is..

I was gonna put this in the card collection thread, but didnt want to muddy it up.Then I was gonna put it in the Penguins thread, but I knew it would be all 1-sided in there. (with all due respect to the Pens fans)so i kept it here:Yesterday, as I peruse my local paper here in Toronto, I come upon an ad for the hockey card+collectibles Expo that has been discussed here. Hmmmm....interesting names doing signings....Pierre Larouche, Gordie Howe, some other old ones.....and, and.....MARIO LEMIEUX??!?!?!?!!? huh?At $200/$300 a pop, you can get Mario, the OWNER of the Pittsburgh Penguins, to sign your stuff. Am I the only one who finds this kinda crass (an owner charging for autographs?) and a little depressing (hasnt he got enough money without doing these shows?)Maybe its just me.
Talk of this in the Pens thread starting about 40 posts back.

OOPS, sorry guys, didnt realize it was already discussed. Doesnt sound like anyone had a prob with it other than me, and maybe Serge.I guess its nice as Pens fans you get the opportunity, but it doesnt smell right to me. Especially since he is an owner of a franchise right now.

OOPS, sorry guys, didnt realize it was already discussed. Doesnt sound like anyone had a prob with it other than me, and maybe Serge.I guess its nice as Pens fans you get the opportunity, but it doesnt smell right to me. Especially since he is an owner of a franchise right now.
I didn't mean it as a "POSTED ALREADY, WTF?" post. Just telling you where to find talk about it.And, I don't have a problem with it, but it is kinda strange. I didn't read too much into it though...
http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/...7464&type=Lajsports is the outfit doing the signings with mario. 90% sure this is for charity.it would be the most absurd thing ever if I am wrong and he's doing it for profit...
Im not trying to be an ass, but why are you 90% sure Mario's signings are for charity?Only one person doing signings is noted as "for charity" and thats Tony Fernandez.
I gotta think that money is going to charity.
http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/...7464&type=Lajsports is the outfit doing the signings with mario. 90% sure this is for charity.it would be the most absurd thing ever if I am wrong and he's doing it for profit...
Im not trying to be an ass, but why are you 90% sure Mario's signings are for charity?Only one person doing signings is noted as "for charity" and thats Tony Fernandez.
A.J. Authentic, a division of AJ Sports World, will be partnering with NHL.com Auction to provide top quality signed hockey memorabilia. All proceeds from the auction starting in October 2009 will go to Miriam’s Fund at the Wasser Pain Management Centre at Mount Sinai Hospital.

Yeah, I can see the connection shown on that site, but Im wondering why you guys are so sure ALL of Lemieuxs appearances/signings would be covered, such as this one in Toronto. Is there some print for the Expo here that I dont see??? I would hope/assume it is charity, but maybe I just have a more twisted view of people+money. I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe his PR people should have the card expo note that the funds go to charity, and not his pockets. Im tempted to pay $179 just to ask him in person. I wouldnt even bother getting him to sign a thing. :club:

Yeah, I can see the connection shown on that site, but Im wondering why you guys are so sure ALL of Lemieuxs appearances/signings would be covered, such as this one in Toronto. Is there some print for the Expo here that I dont see??? I would hope/assume it is charity, but maybe I just have a more twisted view of people+money. I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe his PR people should have the card expo note that the funds go to charity, and not his pockets. Im tempted to pay $179 just to ask him in person. I wouldnt even bother getting him to sign a thing. :club:
If you can get 18 other guys and promise to have video shot, I'm good for $10 of this.
Tony Fernandez is f'ing awesome. Only professional athlete I've ever actually 'met'. He signed my hat and that was my most prized possession from that day (I was about 10) for the next 6-8 years. He was such a cool guy - stayed around all day at a local sports camp giving fielding pointers and chatting with us.
If you can get 18 other guys and promise to have video shot, I'm good for $10 of this.
Then you have to let me do it...I have no shame in going up to him , paying the money and saying "Mario , why are you such an ass charging $179 for an autograph"
I am not convinced that its for charity...
I am not convinced that its for charity...
Maybe I'm oversensitive to the whole thing but I just have such an awesome picture of Mario in my mind that I'd be shocked to hear him doing anything like this for anything but charity. http://www.mariolemieux.org/
Funny and eerily accurate.