Club De Hockey Canadien

The first quote is Serge criticizing Bob Gainey and the Montreal Canadiens for trading UFA Christobal Huet for a 2nd round draft pick last year.The second quote is Serge criticizing Bob Gainey and the Montreal Canadiens for not trading any of their UFAs.Conclusion...Serge is not interested in intelligent discussion about hockey. He is only interested in bashing the Montreal Canadiens and a few other teams. /conversations with Serge
you are a tool...Last year and this year situation for the Habs totally different..Nice game by the way..At least Price is signed for next year... :club:
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

I agree.
And there are only about the same number of #1 goalies and #1 puck-moving, powerplay qb defensemen.Maybe that doomsday-18-teams-going-to-fold prediction wouldn't be a bad thing...

Price looked good. Hopefully he's on his way to finding his game. And hopefully the rest of the team soon realizes that it takes more than 7 minutes of playing well to win a game.

Wow, some crappy calls in this game. I wonder if the refs count against Dallas' cap this game.
I think the call on Kovalev was weak. All other penalties were deserved IMO.
I think the call on Kovalev was weak. All other penalties were deserved IMO.
The Kovalev called was definitely weak, especially considering Ott did the same thing to Schneider in the corner. The Koivu slash near the end of the first to put Montreal 2 men down (again) was definitely a slash but it's not a call that's been made all season unless the other player's stick breaks. Considering what the refs called against Montreal I thought they let Dallas away with quite a bit, especially interference when the Dallas D were holding up the Montreal forwards at the blueline on a dump in.

I'm not surprised he was fired but I am surprised that it happened now and not earlier. Carbonneau has a lot to learn about coaching...he still looks and acts like a player behind the bench a lot of the time. The unfortunate thing for Carbonneau is that Price has looked very good in his last two starts and if he gets and stays hot then it will all look like Carbo's fault. That would be far from the truth. I'm curious to see who Gainey goes after in the off-season to take over behind the bench. I'm putting Mario Tremblay at 10,000 to 1.

I'm not surprised he was fired but I am surprised that it happened now and not earlier. Carbonneau has a lot to learn about coaching...he still looks and acts like a player behind the bench a lot of the time. The unfortunate thing for Carbonneau is that Price has looked very good in his last two starts and if he gets and stays hot then it will all look like Carbo's fault. That would be far from the truth. I'm curious to see who Gainey goes after in the off-season to take over behind the bench. I'm putting Mario Tremblay at 10,000 to 1.
I have to say, this one came as a shock at this date. 2/3 weeks ago, it would have made more sense to me.whats the odds on Roy? Ill take him at 10-1 or more. :club:
I have to say, this one came as a shock at this date. 2/3 weeks ago, it would have made more sense to me.whats the odds on Roy? Ill take him at 10-1 or more. :club:
Gainey seems to take plenty of time when assessing situations and also tends to plan things out. He's probably been working on this move (and getting a replacement) for over a month.

I thought Robinson did a good job in NJ, Montreal seems like a good fit if him and Gainey were compatible at all when they played together.

I think Robinson is in Ottawa, but it seems Robinson or Roy would be the best from a fans standpoint.
Wow Roy would be interesting...
larry robinson?
Out of ex-Habs with coaching experience he seems like the best option. Roy is not ready for the NHL in my opinion. He needs to get his temper under control.

Hey Chris is this the next big news story you were talkign about? it had nothing with drugs right. right?Demers as coach next year... lol, no not likely.Carbo changing the lines every 2 games had me loosing it. It worked for him last year but in the long run it blew up in his face. Don Lever, the coach from Hamilton, is comming up to be behind the bench with Bob, kind of like he did with Carbo last year.