Club De Hockey Canadien

Chris I did a lot of thinking and I realized that I am a nice person so I really dont care what you say...If by bad mouthing drug dealers,low life mobsters is making me a jerk, then I will be gladly a jerk.I couldnt have imagined a better turn out for the 100 year celebration..
You are truly a sad individual that you can't feel good about something that really has very little to do with Montreal vs Toronto. The Canadiens are celebrating their 100th anniversary and have shared the celebrations with other teams. It's a good thing for hockey. It's sad and reveals something about your character that you are unable or unwilling to put aside your (psychologically unstable) hatred for the Montreal Canadiens. This is not a Montreal vs Toronto thing here. This is about two kids who got involved in something they probably didn't even know they got involved in. It has been reported that there is no evidence to suggest they did anything illegal but, typically, you choose to ignore that fact and label them criminals. And to suggest that they have tarnished a 100 year tradition of honour is ridiculous. You seem unable to draw a line between real life and sports entertainment. I really do suggest you seek professional help or, at the very least, take a break from watching hockey for a long time.At this point I really don't think I have anything else to say to you.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

You are truly a sad individual that you can't feel good about something that really has very little to do with Montreal vs Toronto. The Canadiens are celebrating their 100th anniversary and have shared the celebrations with other teams. It's a good thing for hockey. It's sad and reveals something about your character that you are unable or unwilling to put aside your (psychologically unstable) hatred for the Montreal Canadiens. This is not a Montreal vs Toronto thing here. This is about two kids who got involved in something they probably didn't even know they got involved in. It has been reported that there is no evidence to suggest they did anything illegal but, typically, you choose to ignore that fact and label them criminals. And to suggest that they have tarnished a 100 year tradition of honour is ridiculous. You seem unable to draw a line between real life and sports entertainment. I really do suggest you seek professional help or, at the very least, take a break from watching hockey for a long time.At this point I really don't think I have anything else to say to you.
Do you honestly think that they didn't know that this guy was linked to criminals ? Come on. While I agree that the media, as usual over here, made a big thing out of pretty much nothing and conducted themselves like idiots in this matter, I won't feel sorry for the Kostitsyns either. They should have known better. These guys represent the team 24/7. Respecting the private lives of players is a right that players deserve to be entitled to, but at some point a line needs to be drawn.
Do you honestly think that they didn't know that this guy was linked to criminals ? Come on. While I agree that the media, as usual over here, made a big thing out of pretty much nothing and conducted themselves like idiots in this matter, I won't feel sorry for the Kostitsyns either. They should have known better. These guys represent the team 24/7. Respecting the private lives of players is a right that players deserve to be entitled to, but at some point a line needs to be drawn.
I really do believe they didn't know. If it was a russian mobster, that would have been different. But this was merely a club owner who bent over backwards to do things to let him be close to players. It happens every single day. I can tell you with absolute certainty that the same thing goes on in Toronto. Players know the owner of a high end restaurant or club, he makes sure they get good tables and VIP treatment, and they love it. They have NO idea about anything related to these types of persons and their background. Yes, it's naive, but I bet you eat at restaurants that are owned by mobsters and not have a clue. Those owners simply have no reason to befriend YOU. But if you were a hockey player....

I find it difficult to believe they wouldnt at least suspect something about the person, depending on the "favours" he was doing for them. I gotta believe that even at 21, I knew if a guy could get me hookers+blow, he might be connected in some way, and into other illegal activities.But I dont blame the players for any serious infraction. Just being friends with someone doesn't mean you help them deal drugs or whatever else they are into. And you cant expect them to know everything about everyone who tries to get close to them and succeeds in any way. Like Chris said, the players are targets for these guys. Yes the players are constantly told to be careful for such associations, but you cant avoid it all.Really, so far, this is a lot of nothing for me. They're young guys, and I think if most of us was judged by everyone we ever hung out with and all of their actions, we would have a lot of explaining to do as well.There is something going on in Toronto for which the information is only becoming public now, about a bookie who has gone missing the past few days. When people find out he owned a nice popular restaurant in Toronto, they act like he couldnt possibly own a nice restaurant that THEY ate in. Suprise, suprise.

I watched the majority of the Habs vs Sens game last night. Loved the bit on the "good friday brawl" with Quebec. I'd never seen any footage of it before. You're an old dude DM were you there?

I watched the majority of the Habs vs Sens game last night. Loved the bit on the "good friday brawl" with Quebec. I'd never seen any footage of it before. You're an old dude DM were you there?
I wasn't there but I watched it on TV.
I find it difficult to believe they wouldnt at least suspect something about the person, depending on the "favours" he was doing for them. I gotta believe that even at 21, I knew if a guy could get me hookers+blow, he might be connected in some way, and into other illegal activities.But I dont blame the players for any serious infraction. Just being friends with someone doesn't mean you help them deal drugs or whatever else they are into. And you cant expect them to know everything about everyone who tries to get close to them and succeeds in any way. Like Chris said, the players are targets for these guys. Yes the players are constantly told to be careful for such associations, but you cant avoid it all.Really, so far, this is a lot of nothing for me. They're young guys, and I think if most of us was judged by everyone we ever hung out with and all of their actions, we would have a lot of explaining to do as well.There is something going on in Toronto for which the information is only becoming public now, about a bookie who has gone missing the past few days. When people find out he owned a nice popular restaurant in Toronto, they act like he couldnt possibly own a nice restaurant that THEY ate in. Suprise, suprise.
I just got into town and I am shocked and saddened by this news...He was one of my very close friends in high school...We used to hang out play ball hockey every weekend, and considered him a very close friend. I know he was a very succesful businessman and dont know too much about his being a "bookie". We lost contact over the years, and ran into him a few times the last 15 years.I was shocked to see his name plastered over the news and I have a feeling this isnt going to end up well...
I just got into town and I am shocked and saddened by this news...He was one of my very close friends in high school...We used to hang out play ball hockey every weekend, and considered him a very close friend. I know he was a very succesful businessman and dont know too much about his being a "bookie". We lost contact over the years, and ran into him a few times the last 15 years.I was shocked to see his name plastered over the news and I have a feeling this isnt going to end up well...
A couple of leaf players were regulars in that restaurant, and friendly with the owner.
So was I.But I'm guessing the Sun wont be calling me anytime soon to find out what I was doing there. :club:
No, but according to the serge rules of conduct, that makes you a drug dealer, criminal, and bookie.
No, but according to the serge rules of conduct, that makes you a drug dealer, criminal, and bookie.
I am really upset at the fact that an old high school buddy of mine is possibly dead, so I am not going to comment on where you are going with this.

It was just announced that the body of George Koutroubis was found in his BMW in Peel Region.It was an obvious murder as police say there was a lot of trauma to the body.I am just shaking right now and am in shock. George was a great friend to me in high school and we were always organizing hockey pools and contests in our lunch hours.RIP George and my thoughts and prayers are with George's family.

It was just announced that the body of George Koutroubis was found in his BMW in Peel Region.It was an obvious murder as police say there was a lot of trauma to the body.I am just shaking right now and am in shock. George was a great friend to me in high school and we were always organizing hockey pools and contests in our lunch hours.RIP George and my thoughts and prayers are with George's family.
terrible news. I was really hoping for a different ending.RIP.
Interesting to see how quickly the tables turn....
i dont know what that means really, and I am so distraught in losing my friend that I wont respond anymore.I dont know if you have ever had a friend murdered before , but trust me its devastating.
i dont know what that means really, and I am so distraught in losing my friend that I wont respond anymore.I dont know if you have ever had a friend murdered before , but trust me its devastating.
Sorry for your loss Serge. I won't jump on the obvious karmic bandwagon.
What I believe Chris (and then I) was referring to was that you were pretty quick to jump on the bandwagon against the 2 Canadiens players who were affiliated with someone "less reputable", but when it's someone close to your beloved Maple Leafs, and doubly so someone that you were at one point in your life connected to - your tune changed.I don't mean to pile on, and I'm sorry that you lost a one time friend - just wanted to clear that up. Also, kindly take your mourning out of the Canadiens thread.
If it happened to ANYONE else other than the CAC brothers serge I may have sympathy.. But after all their cheap shotting, bad mouthing of Grabovski the Kostitsyn's and just overall arrogant SOB air that they have around them, I was really glad this came out.
thats just to make a point.I'm not happy that happened to you at all.
thats just to make a point.I'm not happy that happened to you at all.
touche, you are so correct in your assesment..I can be an ass sometimes and I can admit it..I wouldnt wish what happened to George on anyone, his family is just ruined right now....I know in my day I have associated with a lot of unseedy characters and I can only imagine how easy it is when you are a famous hockey player who has all this money being thrown at you..Its just a bullshit game these guys play, they are still human and are normal like the rest of us.After what happened to me my friend, i wouldnt wish that upon anyone and it has really changed my outlook on a lot of different issues.Montreal vs Toronto is just a bullshit rivalry that we have fun with. There is real life problems out there , and a beatiful family has lost a husband, brother and a son due to a senseless tragedy.I am sorry to keep writing about this, but it has really affected me today.
touche, you are so correct in your assesment..I can be an ass sometimes and I can admit it..I wouldnt wish what happened to George on anyone, his family is just ruined right now....I know in my day I have associated with a lot of unseedy characters and I can only imagine how easy it is when you are a famous hockey player who has all this money being thrown at you..Its just a bullshit game these guys play, they are still human and are normal like the rest of us.After what happened to me my friend, i wouldnt wish that upon anyone and it has really changed my outlook on a lot of different issues.Montreal vs Toronto is just a bullshit rivalry that we have fun with. There is real life problems out there , and a beatiful family has lost a husband, brother and a son due to a senseless tragedy.I am sorry to keep writing about this, but it has really affected me today.
Sorry for your loss (you too Arp). A letter to his kids about some good high school memories (kid-friendly, of course) with their dad would be a great idea.
Sorry for your loss (you too Arp). A letter to his kids about some good high school memories (kid-friendly, of course) with their dad would be a great idea.
thanks Dale. I didn't know him as well as it turns out Serge did. I have friends who were close with him, and sometimes our paths crossed. And ironically, I had no idea Serge even knew him/went to school with him when I brought up his situation.

That was a fantastic period of hockey. Lot's of pace.killing a 4 minute powerplay that ends with a 2 minute 5 on 3 and scoring on a breakaway when getting out of the box is the nuts.Sundin is getting booed like crazy, he's missed 2 open nets thus far :club: . Halak is playing a solid game.The Habs have a way out of their funk. This is a big game for moral and character, the boys are bringing it so far. The PP looks solid as well.GO HABS GO

So now that I've traded for Halak, how do you guys see him being used down the stretch? Price has been getting shelled seemingly every time out and Halak has been looking solid, any chance he steals the starters job or at least gets a start a week for the rest of the year?